Universe 1.0 the line with lost possiblities

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by knight_wolf, Feb 12, 2008.

1. knight_wolf

knight_wolf Well-Known Member

i was just going threw some of my beast wars stuff and got to thinking of what could have been. the two that really made me pine were b'boom as rodimus primal and polarclaw as soundwave. another could have been bw2 galatron in g1 toon galvatron colors. any one else got any ideas

2. butz

butz slippery when wet

I wish they could've done something with Tripedacus; it wouldn't have had to be a homage, or painted to look like G1 characters or anything. I just would've liked to have seen that figure(s) incorporated into Universe somehow.

3. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

well i would have bought the SW polarclaw... because i want polar claw, and at the time i didnt have a SW either.

i really liked Universe... i cant think anything up at the moment

4. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Tripredacus in Gen.1 Insecticon colors.
    Magmatron (remember him?) in Predaking Colors.
    Beast Machines Tankor in Gen.1 Shockwave colors (moving mono-eye!).
    R.I.D. Galvatron in Sixshot colors.
    Beast Wars Scorponok in Gen.1 Scorponok colors.
    Transmetal 2 Dinobot in Beast Wars Dinobot colors.

TOXITRON!
    http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Toxitron
    http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/co...-toys/toy-gallery/1869/Universe/Toxitron.html

And a bunch of Japanese Beast Wars figures that we never got in whatever colors they could have worked in.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always thought when they did the universe repaint of BM Blackarachnia, it should have been in her original BW colors (black and gold/yellow), sort of switching up what they did with Univ. Silverbolt, which was more or less the BW toy with BM show colors.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Tripredacus done in colors loosely based on how they looked in the show.

More molds that never got released in the US, and reissues of the end of line G2 stuff like the Laser Rods, with the waists designed with balljoints instead of O rings.

7. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
  8. Nymyzys

Nymyzys Wailing Your Sorrow

Ebay:
    While I'm not a big fan of the pee-yellow color, I love that mold as well.

9. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I think Magnaboss would be better in Predaking colors. I mean, he's comprised of an eagle, an elephant, and a lion! Instant organic-beast Predaking, that's all I'm saying

10. netkid

News Credits:
    Touche salesman.

But he's got no wings in combined mode, even if he has a sword. At least Magmatron has wings and a sword. Eh, well, either one would work out well.

Then how about Magmatron in Gen.1 Dinobot colors?

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    The line was a fantastic idea, but executed HORRIBLY for the most part until the end when the color choices started being much better. Anyway...

I wanted the four G2 Laser Rods redone somehow. Don't care about what characters at all, I just wanted the molds which kick so much ass.

Tripredacus in G1 Insecticon color would have rocked.

I never was much into the idea of Magnaboss in Predaking colors. The molds fit perfectly, but a) Magnaboss isn't that great other than looking kind of cool, and b) I never had any sort of connection to Predaking besides "Holy shit it's big!"

I want that Toxitron, kthxby.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
  13. netkid

News Credits:
    How about these ideas:

Beast Wars 10th Optimus Primal repainted in Transmetals Optimus Primal colors (with his surfboard and all).

Beast Wars 10th Megatron repainted in Transmetals Megatron colors.

Energon Slugslinger repainted to match Generation One Slugslinger.

R.I.D. Optimus Prime repainted in Ultra Magnus colors (small bot white, armor parts light blue).

R.I.D. Optimus Prime & Ultra Magnus repainted in Powermaster Optimus Prime colors, and God Bomber colors, making Omega Prime's combined mode in Super God Ginrai colors.

Cybertron Optimus Prime repainted so when fully combined, he's in Super God Ginrai colors.

14. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Rodimus Primal and Ursa Magnus. X3

Not sure on Galvy. =/

15. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I'd buy the RID Prime into Power Master Optimus and Magnus into God Bomber.

I'd also buy the BW2 Galvy repaint into G1 Galvy.

16. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    It's just called God Ginrai. No Super.

Anyway...as far as stuff I would've liked to see...

RID Bruticus in a more coherent color scheme. I know it was Aaron's first real job deciding colors for a toy, but he didn't do all that great a job on it. I'd probably do it with black and navy blue in place of the red and yellow, respectively. And give him copper and silver highlights here and there with some gold and red thrown in for accents.

Energon Arcee repainted as Ariel. A more pink color scheme. No white at all. Dark pink, light pink, silver highlights and maybe light blue energon bits. I mean..c'mon. She's got Ariel's headsculpt already. I'm absolutely amazed this hasn't been done yet. And no, Movie Elita-1 doesn't count. Copper, silver and black an Elita-1/Ariel does not make.

Armada Wheeljack as Drench. I'm STILL pining for this one.

Beast Machines Night Viper repainted into BW Neo Corahda. One of the best basics of that entire line and still grossly neglected to this day.

G2 Road Rocket in a more subdued color scheme. Red (as like the original) and yellow (like RID Sideways) do not befit a ninja. And yes, he IS a ninja. Both in alt mode and robot mode..look at his head and chest. He's got the hood and mask and the mesh on his chest just like traditional ninja garb.

And I agree with the B'boom as Rodimus and Tankor as Shockwave ideas. Those were ones that were absolutely begging to be made. Shockwave especially.

17. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Awhile back, I started to turn a Big Lots' KO Lio Convoy into Rodimus Primal. I had it completely painted, orange body, red and yellow mane that kind of looked like flames, only I never found a head. Just something about that lion beast mode screams Rodimus Primal to me. I'd love to have seen them do something like that.

18. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

I like the idea of rid megatron in six shot colors but also add a sixshot head

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I liked a lot of molds the first Universe line already had but I would have liked to see them in colors that did not look like someone ate Skittles and then vomitted on the toys.

I realize the need to make them different from the originals, but did hey have to all be purple, yellow and pea soup green?

The Universe Optimus Primal has to be one of the ugliest looking things I have ever seen.
    Sideburn from RID is one of my favorite molds ever, and even though they got the colors right, they put this stupid giant Autobot symbol on his roof and messed the hood up big time.
    It was huge!

As for molds that didn't get used -Transmetal Rhinox repainted as Headstrong or possibly Ramhorn.