Universal TF Trailer MODDERS READ

Discussion in 'The Junk Pit' started by Snake_eyes1975, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hello all,
    There is a discount store by me that had these Testors Big Rig Trailer Model kits. I decided to buy one to see if the scale was close to either a Leader or Voyager class Prime to mod into a G1 style prime trailer.
    The Scale is perfect. The model is very high quality.
    I have it loosely put together now, because I wanted to see how it would work. The design of the model kit is kinda modular. If you wanted to cut it down so it wasnt real long, it would be easy. Ive been building models my whole life, and I can tell you im pretty geeked. I will buy a few of these. One may turn into a Magnus type car hauler, another idea is to cut one down short for a Master piece G1 Prime. Possiblitys are endless

What it has
    -split rear doors that open and close
    -rubber tires and chrome wheels that match leader class prime wheel design
    -metal supports and axles, metal legs, and metal leaf springs
    -Only a few parts glue together, everything else has nice small black screws
    -comes with some very big stickers for interior deck, and "old glory" sides
    -link to connect trailer to prime is perfect. It even has the middle hole, so no modding required for prime to pull it
    -deluxe, and human alliance cars (except sideswipe) fit inside
    I will run the top part in my table saw, and rip it into two parts, and mount hinges so it folds down like G1 prime trailer.

Im pretty busy with work now, so I am not sure how long this mod will take, as im in the middle of doing a leader meg/ravagarm mod now.

THE REASON I put "modders read" is that I think this is such an incredible find for customizers like me, and many on the boards, that if any one here wants one of these PM me and i can get more. they have about 40 of them left. I was thinking about just buying them all, but i dont know how many I would sell on ebay so I wanted to offer them to the Radicons

$10+shipping. Ill have the offer up for a week or so. If you want one of these, PM me and we'll go from there. YES, im new to these boards, but I have feedback at other sites people can check

EDIT- if anyone wants extra pics or a scan of instructions just PM me

Ok,
    As requested, here are some pics of the wheels. On the model the tiny windows in the rims are cut out, on the hasbro mold they are not, but its pretty much the matching design. Wheels and rims on trailer seem to be slightly larger, but im talking mabye 3/16 total height.

Pic of box, on box it says 1/28th scale. I have built alot of WWII dioramas and usually use 35th scale. Human alliance figs are bigger than 35th, and may coincide right with 28th scale, (just gives me alot of options at hobby store knowing HA and leader prime are a "stock" scale)

The other pic is of all the metal parts. The entire box, and spring assembly, as well as axles on bottom of trailer are metal, along with the other parts there. The small round part with a hole in it, is the LINK for the trailer to mount to primes hitch. It is a perfect piece that works like it was made. The post on Primes hitch that activates the sound, is a tight, but good fit, and the outside diameter of that pin, fits right inside the rest of the hitch...its pretty damn sweet...dont even have to make nuthin for that...

There is an out door flea market on Middle belt just north of pennsylvania in romulus. There is a guy that gets tons of "big lot"esq type stuff and dumps it sometimes, he had these, and I know how fast the season is ending, and he may not be back after next week. I spoke to him, and he will be at the flea market this weekend when I can buy more of these. I will go out there sunday morning.

I looked on ebay, and there is one for $10+shipping, all the others are going for around $25, so It was a pretty good deal for the quality of this thing. I know first hand Testors models werent cheap when they were new.

Im going to fabricate some big swing out GeewWon support legs that will mount on the metal support parts. I may nix the top part and make my own top out of styrene to make it even widerto accomodate the type hinge I wanna use.

I got a few PMs from guys intrested in these, if you want one or 3, just PM me, and Ill buy em sunday, just give me an idea how many to buy. that way I KNOW that he will be there and I get them before anyone sends anything to me.

Hope that helps, any more pics or anything lemme know.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010
  2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Since you're selling these, we'll offer this in the Junk Pit.

3. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Forgot,
    Yes this is one of the "no paint needed" type, ultra high gloss kits. Im sure everyone heres thinkin of sprayin' it grey, but yea, once the stickers are on the sides, it wouldent really need paint if you wanted it black with the flags on the sides, those are full size stickers that cover the entire side of the trailer.

4. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

PM sent.

5. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No prob, I just wanted the customisers to see em. Not really "selling" them, more like hookin some guys up if they want em.

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That's cool. However, "hooking some guys up" is the same as a sale if you're the one doing the sale. If this isn't the case, and you just want to create a discussion about this, the best place for that is Creative General Discussion. Feel free to pm me if you need my help.

7. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, its just a great find, and for customisers looking for a base item to start making a trailer easy, this is fantastic, because its the right scale, and very high quality.

Anyways, ive got a decent amount of PMs from guys, Ill will pick them up sunday and let you all know then!

8. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:

Yep! I'm really interested to see what you guys end up doing with them. I may have to end up getting mine out of storage (I bought one at Wal*mart on clearance for $10 about 5 years ago . . . you know, when they actually sold model kits and stuff to help us).

Totally cool of you helping others out here :thumb 

9. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok guys,
    All he had left were 9 of them. From PMs 6 are spoken for, so if anyone else wants one let me know

Attached Files:

10. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Im going to make one kinda like the WWI "Q-Boat" idea, where it looked like a regular merchant ship, but the sides dropped down to reveal guns when subs would surface to deck gun them. I think it would be cool to make something like that for a prime trailer...getting all kinds of ideas..

11. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    was just cleaning up and found a few more of these I forgot about. these would make GREAT customs for Primes weapons trailer in the movie.

12. thatguyyouknow

thatguyyouknow Active Member

Are you still offering these trailers?

13. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sure am, I have a lot of pm's about them, and if each of those pm's take one I would have 2 left.

As for some of the questions some have asked,
    Will it work with tfm1 leader prime? Im not 100% sure, been awhile since I had that one, but the trailer coupler parts are seperate and easily modable..its an almost flawless fit for ROTF leader prime.

The sides and top are already in two parts that need to be joined, so if your trying to make that ring prime had it could be real easy with a few hinges.

The back doors are TWO doors, but there is room at the back to make a simple hinge to make it fold down.

Yes, human alliance scale cars fit inside.

14. thatguyyouknow

Id like to order one from you! How do I do that?

15. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just send me a pm with a zip, and ill give a shipping quote. Selling them for what I paid for em, $10 + shipping

16. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I just got mine yesterday and assembled it last night, it's great! Really great quality, nice and sturdy!
    Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to painting it and modifying it for Prime...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  17. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great man! They are really high quality, and perfect scale. Look forward to seeing it painted up!

18. thatguyyouknow

Hey did you get my PM? Id really like to order one of these from you.

19. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I started painting it, but it's going to take me a while :)  I tried it out on Prime and decided it probably won't need any other modification. The peg moves around in the circle area where Prime's hitch is, but it still stays in place well during movement. And if I tried adding something in there it may make the front of the trailer rise up too much.

Also, I added some Future to the doors to help them stay better. I think they'll need some more later on, but shouldn't need magnets or anything like that...

20. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    that looks freaking awesome and quite realistic hooked up to Prime in that first picture...i love the scale of it, and length...

did you ever paint one up G1 deco?