Univers Classics 2.0 Tankor/Octane

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rodimus, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Officially he's called Tankor, but I like to call him Octane. That's kind of irrelevent though.

I was wondering if any one else had problems with his left leg (right leg if he's facing you)? It seems after transforming him one time into truck mode and then into robot mode, his leg is loose and can't support his weight in certain positions. Is anyone else having this problem on the figure? Is it a known issue or just my particular one?

Other than that problem, I gotta say I do like him. I think the arms could use some more articulation, and his truck mode too, but all in all a pretty cool figure. Though I do prefer to leave the wierd looking helicopter blades with the jaws of death out of his hand in robot mode. What do others think about him?

2. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

I think he's a great figure, I like mine alot. Like you said the arms could use a bit more articulation but that's the only thing that bugs me.

I've seen some pics of him online where his sawblade weapon is mounted on to his back, spread open like his wings. It looked really cool, but the other night I pulled him out and tried to figure out how it connected and didn't have any luck. But I feel the same about his weapon, a bit large and cheesy.

No issues with the legs on mine however.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    That's a mod someone did. If you check the Feedback thread on this figure you'll find several pictures of it. :) 

As for the loose legs, mine are a bit wobbly, but it doesn't affect poses or standing. I do have a few stressmarks in the balljoint plastic for his shoulder though which doesn't please me. And his head halves don't want to fit together properly near the bottom.

4. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

I love that guy. I call him Mega Octane... As he shoulda been. I had a leg issue, it wouldnt extend. I ended up having to unscrew the legs, apparently there was a spring or something that wasnt in correctly. It works fine now.

As for the arm articulation, I tend to pose mine with the shoulder things pointing out (slightly angled up) instead of straight up like the stock pics, he has pretty good articulation to me... And about the melee weapon, that thing is so big I dont even split it into "Comb mode" I keep it closed together, then flip his fist upside down and pose his arm up a little... It ends up looking like he is sporting a swat shield like Onslaught, and you dont have to mod it to have him holding it properly.

5. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Put his rear guns on the sides of the cab facing up as big double stacks, Looks awesome!
    [​IMG]

6. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

That looks real cool

7. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

Guess what I'm doing when I get home...

8. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

That does make it look even better! Thanks for the tip!

It seems that I have an oddity with the left leg being a tad loose. I'll probably have to disassemble it eventually and paint some nail polish or schotch tape or something to tighten it up. But overall I really do like the figure. My kid pulled out the Aerialbots today and had a little dogfight between them and Octane lol.