United Wheeljack and Rumble/Frenzy

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Thunderthruster, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    A communications truck of some sort for an alt earth mode would be wonderful.

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Seriously? Thank you! I thought I was the only person who didn't like the WFC designs. So bland and repetitive, with boring shapes and unappealing proportions. But everyone seems gaga over them.

I'd be down for that. Either a pimped-out van or a communications truck would make a nice Classics Soundwave.

3. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

Seriously, I am more amped about Wheeljack than Tracks. I will probably get both, but if I had a choice between the two Wheeljack gets picked hands down. But, I still am waiting for him to debut with the paintjob.

Question: Is Wheeljack supposed to be a Japan only release?

4. hereisevil1

hereisevil1 Well-Known Member

thats what i want to know are these japanese release only i see their listed as takara transformers at b.b.t.s. and their like thirty some buck a peice

5. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    They'll (with close to 100% certainty) be released by Hasbro in the generations or reveal the sheild line. All these new molds wouldnt be done if they were only going to be released in Japan. The only figure that will definately NOT be released by Hasbro is the United voyager Megatron re-release since he is a gun, also the other two re-released classics figures (BB and deluxe Prime) will probably not be released by Hasbro.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Based on the pix shown so far, I'm pleased with Wheeljack. The bot mode seems decent and so does the car. Of course being a sucker for the original G1 Autobot cars, I'm going to pick him up. Rumble and Frenzy while looking good aren't necessary for me as I picked up the reissue and I still prefer them as tapes.

7. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some of these new molds might just be enough to make me re-evaluate selling my series one classics. very nice.

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
  9. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

Voyager Megatron reissue as a gun? I guess I must've overlooked this one. Any pic available? Engineering school has been dominating my memory banks as of late, so I might be asking a redundant question, haha.

10. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
  11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Considering Takara just re-released Henkei Convoy (Voyager size) why not just reissue Megatron as well - why renumber and rebox the same toy - or is he slightly changed.

If it is the same exact toy in a new box that would be very unusual behaviour from Takara-Tomy.

I wonder if the Transformation pattern is up to being minaturised to a Deluxe ? - I'd guess he'd end up to small though with so much of his mass being in his back kibble - they'd be better off Up-scaling the Legends Megatron to make the basis of a Dlx Gun Megatron toy at some point in the future.

12. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Takara United Megatron is a re-issue of Henkei Megatron with silver instead of chrome.

13. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    They're similar but not the same. The new one has less red, no chrome, and different paint applications. Also the silver/gray looks a little darker.

The first image is of the original Henkei Megatron, the other 3 are of the upcoming United Megatron.

Randy

Attached Files:

14. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    How is classics Megatron? I never got the chance to pick him up when he was around (I probably wouldnt have anyway, those colours were nasty lol). The paint scheme on United Megs looked fantastic though! I am seriously considering getting him.

15. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Classisc Megatron is nice too. He's a very light gray (almost white) with purple, black, orange, and clear green parts.

I'm tending to think you're cheapest option would be the United figure, as the others ones are surely going to cost more than he would MISB.

Randy

Attached Files:

16. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Dammit, Randy. I hadn't paid much attention to the info about United Megs, since I was under the mistaken assumption it was a straight reissue.

Less red? No chrome? Damn, that looks good.

You owe me $50.

17. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

You guys need to know that there are "2" branches of TakaraTOMY. One is the Japan branch where we know and love. The other is the Asia branch, which is partly Hasbro and partly TakaraTOMY.

They are responsible for Hasbro releases in the Asia region, and they re - released toys like T.F.C 06 back in 2006, some of the Henkei! Henkei!, Animated and Sons of Cybertron(If you've noticed, some of the TakaraTOMY Animated and Sons of Cybertron have no Bio. cards.).

The Buster Optimus Prime and JetFire boxset was their original idea, TakaraTOMY of Japan has nothing to do with it.

So Japan is really only getting a second release of this Voyager Megatron mold.