United Wave 3 In Hand Pics (link)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Quixote_Prime, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  2. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I much prefer the RTS Wreck-Gar over United. And while I do like the added paint apps to Perceptor's vehicle mode, I like the way the RTS one looks in robot mode.

3. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hmm i dont know how i feel with that perceptor. ive ordered him but im not sure if im keen. in the other pics he had a much deeper red on the un painted parts. kup looks fantastic though

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Blurr and Wreck-Gar look fantastic. Perceptor, with his painted 'shell' and plasticky robot parts looks terrible, Either paint it all or none of it.

5. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    (IMO) none of them are a distinct improvement over the Hasbro versions.

6. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can not wait to get mine. Captured Prey hope you get your shipment in soon.

Edit: Still looking for most of these guys at US retail.

7. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ive liked kup from hasbro better all along

perceptor from united i like the clear glass and blue lightpipling
    but like hasbros chrome much better and even with its lack of detail i think his alt mode looks better than uniteds

but i think blur is a must have

8. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ugh, so many pros and cons. I haven't been this confused since I hit puberty.

9. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RTS Wreck-Gar looks better to me. As for Perceptor... I really can't decide. United version's roof looks awful :(  they should have painted the figure all the way. Blurr looks awesome though :) 

10. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Blurr really is the stand out of this wave. Wreck-gar looks pretty good but could be better. And I'm disappointed with Kupp and Perceptor getting metallic paint deco on only half of the figure. What the hell Takara!

The Henkei line was so much better whereas the United line has been a pretty mixed bag. :|

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really don't like United Wreck-gar and Perceptor. Kup looks good but i've already got the United 3 pack on Preorder so i'm not going to go after that one.

12. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer this Wreck Gar to the RTS one :) 

13. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm glad I went for United Perceptor, even if I do seem to be in the minority here.
    His alt mode looks great now, and that is what put me off the RTS version, although I agree that the colour matching in terms of the paint and plastic looks well off in these photos. In person, fingers crossed but not a deal breaker, especially as the majority of the metallic paint ends up folded away or on the back in robot mode.
    Being unchromed, the forearm dials won't have a problem getting loaded up with weaponry, and the chest paint looks good. And blue eyes!

Wreck Gar? He looks good, but not as good as I hoped. Loving the face and painted horns though. I'm on my way out to find the recently spotted RTS version (I'm in the UK) but that was the plan all along anyway.
    I'm closely watching the upgrade kits that MAIDEN JAPAN is working on in the Radicons Forum as I want a set of Junkions.

Kup - I'm happy with ordering United from what I've seen. Ordered the igear head too.
    Issues with too much shiny? I'll pretend it's his brand new fresh off the assembly line Pretender body from AHM 15.

I already got Generations Blurr but that is one awesome looking paintjob on the new one.

14. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Does Wreck Gar have the shoulder joint stress marks of his RTS counterpart?

15. Sepultron

Sepultron .

Oh, so THAT'S what the US packaging looks like. Since I've haven't seen even a hint of the current RTS or Generations waves...

I'm kidding. Actually, no, I'm not kidding.

ANYWAY: I can't believe I'm going to say this, but the only one that I really think is a winner out of this United wave is... Blurr. Somehow the 'shiny' seems to work for this character.

I still need more pics of Kup to make a decision however. Just wish the Hasbro version had painted wheels.

So is the silver on United Perceptor's chest paint or chrome? Guess it doesn't matter, 'cuz the only thing really keeping United Perceptor in the running are the clear windows (robot and vehicle). Why the yellow windows Hasbro? WHY?

Wreck-Gar: The metallic red reminds of the red painted die-cast of the G1 version, which should be a good thing, but for some reason it just looks wrong here.

Still pissed that I can't find any Gen/RTS toys at retail. Then again sixteen inches of snow overnight doesn't really help make the hunt any easier. *sigh*

16. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, that perceptor is very disappointing. The unpainted roof is bad, but tolerable. The big problem is that maroon plastic. Just does not look right at all. Guess I'll have to track down the hasbro edition. Wreck-Gar on the other hand looks great. I wanted it for the better flames and the correctly colored head, but that metallic paint just pops. Doesn't clash nearly as bad as it does on Perceptor. Blurr's metallic colors are cool, but the dark head just doesn't work. Kup's metallic paint looks surprisingly good, but that clean a paint job will never do for kup. I'm so disappointed in this wave. It should have been so much better. Wreck-Gar is my only buy of all of these. I'll get him, one hasbro edition and 2 of the eventual hasbro remold. That'll be a nice junkion fleet.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not every day you get to say "I wish Takara's toy had the chromed parts the Hasbro version has. " :) 

18. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Blurr is the only one that warrants a purchase. His shinyness works for the particular mold.

19. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

I miss the days of Henkei when it was almost a no brainer that Takara's version would be better. So far I'm leaning Hasbro on this whole wave.

20. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I like them all over the Hasbro versions.