United Stepper question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jbz, Sep 14, 2012.

1. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recall in a previous thread, daelite had made mention of United Stepper possibly being reissued. Here's the post:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...henkei-ultra-magnus-exists-3.html#post8193246

I am very interested in buying United Stepper, but right now he's going for very high prices. I don't want to buy and then see him get released for much less later. Does anyone have more insight to whether or not this is going to happen?

Or daelite, do you have more details you can share? Thanks!

2. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    Stepper is on clearance for $95 at BBTS right now. I'd jump on that if you want him.

3. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that's why I started this thread. I don't want to drop $100 if it can be confirmed he's coming out again for what I assume will be less.

4. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    95! what a deal! lmao! a character that is....eh? remind me who the eff that is

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the same thread you linked to, daelite said he couldn't get into further details when I asked him. I'm guessing that hasn't changed. If you really want to see if you can get more info out of him, just PM him. If it's something he can't discuss publicly any further than he already has, than I doubt he'll be able to provide any more details here than he did there. In private though, he may be able to provide something (though please be clear, I don't know if he would or not and I'm certainly not trying to speak for him, I just figure reaching out to him privately may work better than asking publicly if he can provide more info on something he may still be required to be tight-lipped about).

If there is no further info to be shared, it's up to you to decide what to do. That Million Publishing Stepper is gorgeous and one of the better Classics exclusives we'll ever get, so you have to keep in mind paying less for any potential retail release will probably mean less bang for your buck since I can't imagine the exact same toy being released at retail under United. You should also monitor BBTS' stock to see just how many they have left and continually monitor it while you wait. If it ever seems like there's going to be a run on it (especially if the price drops further...I'd imagine it will once Christmastime comes around, at the least), you may want to consider picking that version up anyways to avoid ending up empty handed.

6. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's Ricochet from the Headmasters cartoon (the one where Galvatron dies at the hands of the bot Headmasters when they did a flying circle dance at the Arctic XD). He hung out Artfire, Hardhead, and Chromedome, I believe. The upcoming Artfire (he looks fantastic) is why I may be interested in getting Stepper but there's so much other stuff coming out that I'm just not sure.

7. cyclonus8

cyclonus8 Well-Known Member

Even with the price drop, there isn't really any sort of run on it. It looks like they moved 5 units or so with the sale.

8. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good points, thank you.

I'm such a sucker for this mold, I probably shouldn't even be considering Stepper, lol

9. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Hes a really nice figure, but not worth the money.

10. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Dude ... he's worth EVERY single penny of that $100. I'm not joking. He is one of the best figures to come out of the "Classics" line.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Agreed. I'd even pay full price for it all over again. Gorgeous figure. Plus it not being a character that's been done to fucking death in the last five years is a major bonus and makes the price tag even MORE worth it to me.

12. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just to clarify, it's on sale- not clearance. Not much of a practical difference at BBTS, but there is at regular retail.

Anyway, he's totally worth the price. He's goddamn gorgeous. And I don't see why they'd do another run of him. He was an exclusive, I don't think those every get reissued. Plus I don't think it sold out, like... anywhere. If people aren't buying it now, why make more?

13. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't think they'd do one either, but my curiosity was peaked in that thread I linked because someone (daelite) who seems to be in the know mentioned he was coming out :) 

14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Well, daelite says info should be coming in Nov/Dec...I don't think BBTS is going to go through the 200+ by then so just hang out and wait for more info. Maybe that United Artfire listing wasn't wrong after all, but rather just premature...

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    I have United Stepper and fabulously love his deco.

16. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can agree with everything already said here. I paid full price and never regretted a thing. Glorious packaging, toy is cool plus the targetmaster is full of win.

If another release comes it won't be a million publishing version. More likely a general release version which may not be the same

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Stepper is a gorgeous, gorgeous deco and well worth the asking price. He feels like a premium exclusive when you have him in your hands.

I'm still a bit skeptical of what a general release version would be. I'd imagine it'll be an Asia version like the Ultra Magnus, but I'm happy with the one I've got. Can't wait for Artfire to complete the duo :) 

18. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Even if he's reissued expect the similar price to current prices, he was already above 100USD in most online retailers.