Minor/Repaint: United Perceptor...with the CHROME!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Solrac333, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    So I got both the RTS and United Perceptor to make the Ultimate Perceptor. :)  The arms are on ball joints and just swap very easily. The colors match too. The middle piece of the shoulder canon pops off and can be swapped easily too. The chest piece is 2 parts, the window and chrome piece. You have to remove the pin to swap the parts. Once finished, you have a HENKEI Perceptor.

I think it makes the RTS look better too. Why have dull paint apps and then shiny chrome? Also I posted the microscope mode.

Attached Files:

2. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

yea this is exactly what I did. The pin in the chest was a bit of a pain to get back in because there was no surface to push on, but I managed okay. Was happy with the result, the dull dull white really stunk on the united

3. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Nice - not sure if I'm ready to tackle pin removal though

4. Solrac333

Ebay:
    Maybe practice on a figure you don't care for first.

5. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

looks nice and good work, but i honestly don't see the point. From the pictures the difference between the US and Japanese version just seems to be a small patch of silver paint on the stomach area. Wouldn't it just be easier to paint the US stomach silver?

6. Solrac333

Ebay:
    The United has the better paint apps too.

7. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

Ebay:
    Gotta go with this. The difference is so minimal a few strokes with a paint brush and you'd have something nicer than both. I'd move over the amber targeting lens too while you're at it though.

8. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

You guys are missing most of the point of this. The Japanese has zero chrome. Its only somewhat silver on the chest (and is dull at that) and the little knobs on the arms are a very dull dull bone color, as well as the shoulder cannon. I really can't overstate how annoying these bland pieces are in comparison to the rest of the figure. If they were bright white, it would be better, but they are anything but.

by switching on the chrome bits you get the benefit of those chrome pieces, the clear windows and chest AND the nice shiny paint and paint apps of the Hasbro version. If you don't want a bland car mode and silly yellow clear windows, but do want the chrome and matching parts... then this parts swap is the way to get there.

If you had them both in front of you in their unaltered versions... then this swap is a no brainer. Certainly people can live with just the Hasbro version if they like, but if you already have the united, then for 11$ to get a perfect version... its really a tiny price to pay. Plus you are left with a full version of the reject parts which can be repainted (soundwave anyone?)

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Dude, you are officially my HERO. Excellent job!

10. Solrac333

Ebay:
    I didn't bother posting the alt mode because the chrome bits do not affect the alt mode at all. Trust me, swapping the parts makes the United figure SO much better.

Thank you.

11. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Looks good. You swap away.