United Optimus Prime or RTS Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ObukanMagnus, Oct 9, 2011.

?

United Optimus Prime or RTS for maketoy's laser prime

1. United

42 vote(s)
    64.6%
  2. RTS

23 vote(s)
    35.4%
  1. ObukanMagnus

ObukanMagnus 6th kyu

I have two deals for a g2 optimus prime. One is from united, the other from rts. Which one do you think will go better with the maketoy laser optimus trailer and why?

2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Based on the leaked images, which may not be final, and based on the rendering I did of the United robot and vehicle modes, I'm inclined to go with the United version.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The United one looks far better on its own, and a little better with the armor (at least in vehicle mode), since the trailer/armor doesn't have any of the dark blue that's on RTS Prime's cab.

4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    I'd think the RTS version, as most third-party products seem to match the American release more.

5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

If you're talking about the United Optimus Prime that is a repaint of Ultimate Battle Optimus Prime, I would recommend Reveal the Shield Optimus Prime over that toy. Unless they can retool it so that the legs can slide into the shins, I don't like the way Ultimate Battle Prime looks. If you're talking about the American and Takara versions of Optimus Prime, it's a wash. If money is no object to you, then get the Takara one.

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    As far as truck mode goes, I think the United Version blows the RTS version out of the water. Looks so much better in the renderings that Process did, the all black fits way better than the blue. As far as bot mode, it is a toss up for me. both figures have some +/- IMO, most of them fairly small.

IMO the United one really shines over the RTS one in truck mode with his grill detailing, windshield colors, and paint apps, so if you are planning on displaying him in that mode with the trailer, I would go with that. I plan on my United for the truck mode when I get this set.

7. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    the united version, its has those nice blue features and sword. thats how i feel.

8. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The United version looks a good deal better overall. The mishmash of Black/Blue on the RTS one makes it look funky in alt mode. Now I see why the TFC trailer has *no* blue; it was designed for the United version.

If you can score a good deal for that, I say grab it. That is unless you plan on repainting it into Scourge. Grab an RTS one and repaint it, since it'll obviously be cheaper. XD

9. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh and thanks for the renders Process! The difference is quite noticeable. BTW, any chance you'd consider seeing about making a replacement ab grill via Shapeways? Truth be told, the grill that they made for him doesn't look like the G2 one... and a longer grill (if still feasable/storable) would actually give prime some articulation.

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Overall, probably the United one. I like the orange windows on the american one though.

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    United just looks better regardless. if only they didn't put the flames on it.

12. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

United looks infinitely better.

13. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    United, the RTS version has a fucked up paint scheme.

14. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer United's version than RTS version because of the sword.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    united looks better in almost all respects,

16. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    United looks better in truck but the rts is as good as the united in robot IMO. If you want to spend the extra dollar on united go ahead.

17. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    majority has spoken! United ver.

18. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You guys can't be serious. Assuming the top bot mode picture is the RTS version (if not, the disgregard this entire post) than it is infinitely more cohesive in robot mode. The greyish silver plastic on the thighs and 'shoulders' is a near perfect match to the add on bits.

19. FigNewton

FigNewton Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, in bot mode I really like the RTS version a LOT better. I think the black accents tie Op to his armor pieces better, and the blue upper arms give a better contrast.

Overall, without the add-on, I'd still take United over RTS. But in the armor?...yeah, I'm surprised to say it, but I think RTS works a lot better than United.

20. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

Actually considering the United version is a Photoshop mock up just to give you an idea...it's not an actual look of the United figure next to the upgrade. From what I've been able to tell, MakeToy made this armor so it can look good on both figures. They matched the gray on the tanker to United, and if you look on the new forearm extensions they painted orange trim to match the RTS figure. Both figures have pretty much the exact same shade of blue and red plastics so they matched the trailer to both figures. Also, if you look at the top picture of the actual trailer sitting on the RTS figure in vehicle mode you'll see that no...they didn't match the grayish silver of the trailer to the RTS figure at all because the trailer is a darker grayish color and the RTS figure is a lighter color.

I'll give the add on to my United figure. I want to keep my RTS figure normal, that way I have a powered up version and a standard version on my Optimus shelf. I am shocked though at how much the United figure is going for now. D: I just looked and the only buy it now on ebay is like $105-ish with shipping XP