United Kingdom Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by payres, Jul 10, 2003.

1. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are Amazon getting solid cases of the ones they stock then?

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Yes. A few weeks ago I actually saw a full pallet with nothing but solid cases of Studio Series Voyager Starscream at the warehouse I work at, actually labeled as such on the cases themselves.

Another telltale sign are the "ES1" descriptors in the listings I linked. If they were assortment cases, I think those would read "EU4" or "EU40" or somesuch.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm starting to see some new rescue bots in ASDA & ARGOS alike- if anyone is looking They have a reissue of the Red Optimus Prime T-Rex in the smaller size - for anyone who missed him, they also have the Boulder Bulldozer and Blade Helicopter that are not that easy to find, and a new Blades that looks a bit like an Avenger Quinjet and is similar but not identical to the similar Bumblebee - has new wings and other parts so it's not exactly the same toy with a new head. There is also a Salvage cement truck I'd need seen before - more of the hard to find Heatwave racing car too.

What I have still not found though is the new mould red truck Optimus that is supposed to be in the same wave as Heatwave he seems to be missing.

Also Argos are selling the Rescue Bots HQ for £9.99 for anyone who wants one. & Home Bargains also have a Star Wars figure 8 back called Era of the force for the bargain price of £9.99.
    Also ALDI seem to be selling single carded hotwheels now for £1.19 each - its the wave with the Enterprise reissue and a a couple of blue batmobiles in it and a handful of thos anniverasry blue cars with the lettering on - they had two distict cases full in my local the current wave and the previous one.

B&M have some adorable Aliens Minimates figures for £2.99 a pack of 2 as well with 3 different slightly different Xenos in the sets - one pack for Alien 3, Two for Ressurection, one for Alienation, Anyone seen anything else like that ? I recall they did Star Trek ones too.

No sign around here of the Ghostbusters Terrordogs B&M were saying they have on their Twitter though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Went in to our B&M today and they only had the zombie taxi driver. Are they the same line as the terrordogs? Would be interesting to know whether they have any different characters coming.
    They also had a Stay Puft marshmallow man and a double pack of Venkman and Slimer - they look like POP vinyl figure but are die cast.

5. Max Tower

News Credits:
    Yes I believe they are - my local stores still have the prevous wave that contains Gozer, Walter Peck and slimed Venkman.

The new wave has The Library Ghost, The Terror Dog and the Taxi Driver. I was in there today as I said and Those Aliens Mini-mates are really worth a look - just so cute ( The Aliens more so than the Humans ).

6. Phil the drummist

Phil the drummist Well-Known Member

News Credits:

My local B&M has had the terror dog and Walter peck at the same time. No library ghost though. That was last week though so could easily have sold them now.

7. I-Primus

I-Primus Well-Known Member

Easier to show what St Helens Smyths had as of this afternoon. All that has been reported elsewhere (Moonracer etc) picked up Sludge & Snarl. Still some left. No terrorcons.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ahh, no way! I’m from St Helens too, I was in there this evening. I didn’t know there was anyone else remotely close who even liked Transformers here! I have seen the Terrorcons in there previously, but didn’t pick them up as I’d already ordered mine online.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Warpnut

Warpnut Active Member

News Credits:
    For anyone who still needs them, CoOp in Woodhouse Sheffield has some wave 1 & 2 Prime Masters in.
    Smyths Sheffield has Snarl, Sludge, Moonracer etc. No Siege.
    Toy Planet Derby has some Siege, Deluxe, Micro Masters and Battle Masters, according to thier Instagram.

10. Max Tower

News Credits:
    Did someone say they had wave 3 now in a CO Op store ?

Also is it actually wave One (with Cloudburst) ?

11. Warpnut

Warpnut Active Member

News Credits:
    CoOp had Metal Hawk, Landmine and Sub marauder

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure there is a couple of us from nearby in Warrington too :cool: 

• Like Like x 4
  13. kaijubot-uk

kaijubot-uk Keep Running

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Forbidden Planet Manchester have PotP Cindersaur and Outback for £13 each.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    I think i can answer this before Payres gets here: No metalhawk and skulgrin are packed in with wave2... It's wave2. Clouburst appears in wave1 only.

Someone did sight wave3, it was through the grapevine rather than a user here.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I was in Redhill today and stumbled upon a full complement of Siege wave one (minus the leaders of course) at Toy Barnhaus in the Belfry shopping centre.
    Prices, £6 for weapon masters, £11 for Micro Masters, £17 for deluxes and £23 (I think) for the voyagers.

• Like Like x 2
  16. returner

returner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the Toy Planet tip-off, I picked one of each up from their Midco Toys branch in Burton.

17. I-Primus

I-Primus Well-Known Member

Actually I’m from Widnes (as is Death of Prime in here too) and yes, there are a few Warrington based folk (but they seem nice..) and I tend to cover Widnes through to Manchester for sightings due to moving frequently between the two, occasionally Speke for Smyths but St Helens is better for me (When I was a lad blah blah St Helens blah blah Toy & Hobby, blah blah now an Argos, blah blah bought Scorponok and Metroplex there #mistyeyed #Geewoner )

Think I’ll check Salford Smyths tomorrow and I must get to an entertainer too.

Have we had all limbs on the Terrorcons?

Actually it’s just dawned on me, they had no Seige there!! Already gone perhaps? Like the Prime. Megs is meh

• Like Like x 3
  18. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh my god, you remember toy & hobby?! I LOVED that place as a child, nothing was ‘ever’ as exciting a place as going there. I was too young for Scorponok & Metroplex but my earliest memories in that place are of the micromasters & getting the real ghostbusters toys, I wish I could remember it clearer.

Then I went to ‘Children’s World’ in Warrington for a few years (where I picked up the Micromasters Countdown base) before finding the Toys R’Us there (when I heard it was shutting down I went in specifically to buy a Transformer, was just like old times!)

I don’t think we got Rippersnapper from PotP Wave 2 but I definitely saw the rest of the Terrorcons there in Wave 3. Let me know if there’s any you’re looking for & I’ll keep an eye out! I don’t think St Helens have had any ‘Siege’ in yet, but I heard Wigan’s Smyths had some in briefly the other week.

BTW, hi to @Lockdown91 and everyone else in the local area! There’s more of us than I thought (though knowing there’s one more Transfan other than me who’s local was a shock till today ha)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Warrington here, too. We are legion.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Warpnut

Warpnut Active Member

News Credits:
    20181219_102357.jpg
    Picked up from Toy Planet Derby today. They had a few of all size except leaders.
    Also had Cloudburst Titan Master in, among others.

• News Credit News Credit x 1