United Kingdom Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by payres, Jul 10, 2003.

1. JazzyHide!!

JazzyHide!! Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Lol Iam and I’m also called Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  2. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. Stripes

Stripes Battle Beast

News Credits:
    Dropped in on Home Bargains in Beckton this evening and I'm sorry to say it hasn't bucked the trend of southern sightings. No Velocitron sets to be had, but they did have Quake, Twinferno and Triggerhappy for £7.99 each. Well worth it for those who haven't got them yet!

If you want to kick start a Star Wars collection they had the "Era of the Force" set of eight figures for a very reasonable £9.99.

I had to content myself with a Forces of Destiny Chewbacca at £8.99. He roars!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Laugh thanks for that.

I just ordered Hotshot - and Scorn - who I'd been trying to find a reason to not buy - but I bought some gift cards and should be getting £6.00 Back because of that - I also asked the chat about an out of stock item - and they gave me £5.00 - out of no where "For the inconvenience" and said they'd send a note to the buying team to get onto it !!!

Sounds good to me. Oddly I was only talking to someone about Hotshot - specifically that he shares an alt mode with Bumblebee so I expect Bumblebee is his Pre-paint (pre-mould).

I very nearly bought Rodimus Prime too since he's about £36.00 at the moment - which isn't a 'horrible' price (though I've seen cheaper) I'd rather pay closer to £30 though really. I'd have jumped on the Black one though if he was cheap too he'd make a great pal for the Nemesis I bought.

5. Accelerate

Accelerate Active Member

News Credits:
    Smyths in wigan now have Wave 3 Deluxe SS. Also has Elita-1 and Hun-grr

Attached Files:

6. Underlord

Underlord God On.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I was looking at him the other day, might drop a hint to the missus for a potential birthday/Christmas present :) 

7. Awesome Welles

Awesome Welles Well-Known Member

No box sets in Home Bargains Northampton, Corby or Kettering, sadly. Anyone who's found one not too desperate to keep Nautica?

Anyway, only Corby had the TR deluxes. Finally picked up a Krok - wish I hadn't caved and picked up Quake from the Entertainer a few weeks back!

Bought two packs of little TMNT Foot Clan guys with either Bebop and Rocksteady included for £1.99. I always kinda wanted a representation of that duo, so 'twas a fun wee find.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Wadapan

The Wadapan Active Member

So, geographically, whereabouts has TR stuff shown up in HB? From what I've heard they seem to have a lot of stock - who knew so many Twinfernos et al existed - but is most of it isolated in particular areas?

I ask because I'm up in Scotland and I'm considering making a trip to Dundee tomorrow to try and track down a Nautica, but I haven't heard of any sightings in Scotland and a previous search for TR leaders in Edinburgh yielded zilch. Does this sort of thing just not make it up here?

In a way, it kinda sucks that a set which so many people went to such great lengths to get is now randomly showing up for so little. If these things had just been available last year, people would've snapped them up for full price - but instead, just as if nobody wanted them in the first place, they're practically giving them away.

Smyths doesn't really exist for much of the UK, and Toys 'R' Us doesn't exist for anyone - so we're stuck with the lottery that is B&M/Home Bargains/Factory Store.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    It was the Wave 2 primemasters which were sighted at Co Ops, the size of the store wasnt specific so it could be any. They were sighted on card stands promoting xmas.

I just ordered a whole lot from BBTS as they have offers on, 3usd for metalhawk... I bought a pile and some others i needed. There comes a point it is not worth spending ones time hunting, might aswell pay the postage.... So happy that has worked out.

10. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The carded deluxes seem to be countrywide. Twinferno & Triggerhappy, from wave 4, Krok & Quake from Wave 5. It's Wave 4 Revision 1

Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Wave 4 Revision 1 Set - Entertainment Earth

Nautica only exists in the Chaos on Velocitron sets. These have so far only been seen north of Birmingham. In Scotland I know the Kilmarnock branch and one of the Glasvegas branches have had them.

Dundee you're probably on your own, can't think of another TF fan who lives that far north. Let us know what you find!
    All in, postage and CUTA, I paid £170 on import April 2017.

The Entertainer is occasionally good for Generations, and I know there are some in Scotland now. Toymasters too have had Generations.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  11. The Wadapan

The Wadapan Active Member

Okay, so if I head up there I stand a decent shot of getting some of these. I've known about the wave contents, but I still haven't decided which I'd get... almost certainly Triggerhappy, almost certainly not Quake... (it's such a weird wave - just a bunch of late-subgroup nobody goons!)

Ah, yeah - honestly, for thirty quid I could go in for everything in that set. Though it would encourage me to track down more clones and blehhhh... anyway, that sounds promising enough.

Will do!

:jawdropper: 

Yeah, I've done well-ish with them before - got Bombshell, Shockwave and Slash for great prices iirc at various points - but they still seem to be far more hit-and-miss than Smyths from the sounds of it. Also, as people always note, their opening times are weird.

12. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Hucknall Home Bargains has been bereft of any TFs since they stocked one-step AoE Drift so I don't hold much hope of ever seeing the TR deluxe, never mind the box set.

13. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes my local Toymaster seems to have woken up to the idea of Transformers - after they royally pissed me off by saying that they only buy Transformers when a Movie is out - so well a Movie is out so they have Transformers.

They got some Generations Legends (which seem to have all sold out in under a week) the usual Bumblebee tat, and Some Studio Series Deluxes and (Stinger/Bumblebee/Ratchet) & Voyagers (Optimus / Starscream).

I think the observation someone had before about The Bumblebee with the wheel on his chest being well supplied and sure to end up on clearance is a good one - I'm getting the same vibes I got from the Giant RID Optimus with wings that was shoved in your face a few years ago.

So I would be at all surprised if he ends up being practically given away like Nightwatch Bumblebee (dragon) currently is.

Speaking of Bumblebee - I'm super keen to get the New Bumblebee with the 2 Rescue Dogs - I've so far found them in stock in America and in Australia but thinking on the oddly described Hot Shot being a sister product - It got me wondering is he listed on Amazon under a funny name - how would I find out - would I need the barcode to search for ?

14. Omegastoopreme

Omegastoopreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
  15. saber-crusher

saber-crusher Prime

News Credits:
    Byker home bargains have about 7 chaos on velocitron sets if anybodys in the area

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

I'm going to take a mooch around some of the Home Bargains around Manchester via bus tomorrow, so I'll report back if I spot on Chaos boxsets. I popped into the White City retail park one on Wednesday but had no joy, so I'm not too hopeful tbh :( 

• Like Like x 1
  17. LeAwesome1

LeAwesome1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Swiped the last POTP Hun-Gurrr from Harlow Entertainer (the new one), left the Elita-1 as I am just not interested at all.

18. ALPHA PRIMUS

ALPHA PRIMUS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last one?? I've been checking in there sInce last Friday and haven't seen one yet. The old entertainer still hasnt reduced any of the leader megatron's or sky shadows they've had piled up since last Christmas and it closes in a few weeks I'm told.

19. LeAwesome1

LeAwesome1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The old Entertainer wont be closing till after Christmas, I know as I applied for a job there. And I had been checking every time I was up there as well, only saw it today as I checked the click and collect on the website and it said that it would be available to collect on Monday, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

20. ALPHA PRIMUS

ALPHA PRIMUS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll have to keep my eyes open for more as I regularly go to smyths in loughton too and haven't seen any there either. Let's hope the old entertainer reduces the prices on their stock around Christmas then. I don't know if you saw my earlier post yesterday about home bargains in harlow but we haven't had any if those velocitron sets as of yet.