United Kingdom Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by payres, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Warpnut

Warpnut Member

News Credits:
    Checked Langley Mill, Heanor, Alfreton and Chesterfield, no Chaos sets. Plenty of the Triggerhappy wave, and some of those Last Knight ones with flip over masks.
    The hunt goes on.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Smyths Watford has Studio Series Ironhide and Movie Bumblebee wave! They also havw Hun-Gurrs and Elita-1's too.

15415931473192487685295400537455.jpg

3. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    No Chaos set in Cardiff Home Bargains (nr Ikea), plenty of Krok, Trigger etc. I took home a Spider-Man for my boy and a Justice League Power Slingers Aquaman for me because it has 90s crazy colours and a free shark.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JazzyHide!!

JazzyHide!! Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Did they have the orange repaint of lockdown there too mate can’t remember his name right now?

5. phantomfish

phantomfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've messaged Home Bargains about the availability of The Chaos on Velocitron set. Apparently all the stock they have, which is limited, has been allocated. They may be able to source some in the future, but its unlikely.

Which means, what is out there is out there and when its gone its more than likely gone.
    :(  So it looks like some people will get lucky and everyone else is at the mercy of the scalpers!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes I noticed Omnius just did that & that was why I postulated the point. Be a bit vexxing if I made all those trips to B&M and I was going to the wrong shop... Not that it matters now as I found Krok and Quake in Home Bargains on Saturday.

Speaking of B&M though they have some Ghostbusters Diamond Select Exclusives now - they had Gozer, Walter Peck & Slimed Venkman in the Bury St. Edmunds branch on Sunday. I'd have Bought Venkman if he had an alternative head - but he has such a goofy expression it wasn't very appealing - no idea how much they cost as there was no shelf label.

I just got some nice Hotwheels too on my recent supermarket shopping trip ; a dispicable Me 2 vehicle, a Blue Batmobile (Not sure what its from looks a bit Brave and the Bold style or maybe the replacement animated one) and they also are re-distributing the Enterprise now too.
    Last week in a different wave I saw the James Bond Astin Martin and a Blue Animated Batmobile. The Cruella D'ville car is still around too.
    I love when you find a cool random repack - I've seen Fast & The Furious cars, Jetsons cars, and a Black Halo Warthog recently too just randomly in a new case (usually 1 a case). as for the non-branded ones - I kinda wished i'd been collecting the chess set ones they are acually rather nice Oh and there is a new Dinosaur car too that looks like a Tricerotops on wheels - a nice complement to the Stegasaurus on wheels that has been out a few months.

I have heard rumours the back to the Future stuff is popping up again too but I've not found it yet. Poundland have generic hotwheels decorated as Justice Leage too (7 different kinds) £1. each.

• Like Like x 1
  7. legham

legham Well-Known Member

No sign of Velocitron (or TR deluxes) at Home Bargains Salisbury.

I also phoned the store in Amesbury but there were no box sets on the shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yes they did!, they had a couple behind on the top right peg... but rifling through them (looking for a Jazz) a whole bunch fell down, and I mjust have covered them with a Crowbar...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    No Chaos sets in Wrexham Home Bargains this morning either. Only TF related thing they had was a single TLK Megatron toy from the simpler kids' range.

10. Crankcase79

Crankcase79 Powermaster

News Credits:
    I checked home bargains in Leeds city centre and they haven't received any chaos on velocitron sets. The manager I spoke to was kind enough to take my details and put a post in the WhatsApp group used by managers to try to track one down for me. He says he'll call me if he finds one, he seemed a genuine guy so fingers crossed.

The krok, quake, twinferno and triggerhappy figs I've seen in the last few weeks were in home bargains and the original factory shops. 7.99 and 10.00 respectively.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ratchet101

Ratchet101 Member

News Credits:
    Three chaos sets in Larne home bargins. Well two now if you catch my drift. Hun-gurrr my be a pain to track down here, but at least I have Nautica now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sunnyswipe

sunnyswipe autobot

News Credits:
    Phoned up Stockton Home Bargains, was told they didn't have any in stock.
    The staff member I spoke too actually rang me back an hour later saying she'd come across some! Was really great of her to ring me back, can't wait to get this set opened

• Like Like x 2
  13. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No sets in either the Darlington or Bishop Auckland HBs.

14. flimdar

flimdar Active Member

News Credits:
    I can confirm the Bury branch of Home Bargains on the Moorgate Retail Park has the set in stock. Well, at least ONE set left - looked like there was room for 4/5 sets but only 2 left when I got there and bought one (obviously). None in the Crostons Retail Park Home Bargains in Bury though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can confirm that Home Bargains on Junction Nine Retail Park in Warrington (opposite the collegiate, with the KFC/Starbucks etc.) had 3 of the Chaos on Velocitron set this afternoon, I say had because I took 1 home with me, couldn't resist the bargain deal and fact that I now have Nautica! The rest is an added unwanted bonus that I've not yet figured out what I will do with haha

• Like Like x 1
  16. JazzyHide!!

JazzyHide!! Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Haha, yeah for some reason on my last 2visits to Smyths the shelves were quite full and both occasions looking through the studio series I have managed to knock a load off the pegs and domino effect them to the floor. Both occasions I get that unimpressed look from the mrs like I’m a big kid too overly excited and I’m embarrassing myself so she walks off and leaves me.

Any hooow thanks for the reply bud, il have to sneak that one in on my hunt for the velocitron set

• Like Like x 1
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I recommend having a fiddle with Quickswitch, he's Fanmode-tastic. As well as a bit of expansion for Fort Max's city mode, if you have him?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have Sixshot so know the mold quite well, know next to nothing about Quickswitch as a character but do enjoy the mold, might have a play around with him to make up some fan modes or something, I don't have Fort Max, I have Trypticon but I have zero space for that big dino b*stard as is :mad: 

Edit: And after opening the set...I feel like Quickswitch has so much damn personality, might try and switch his shoulders round to further differentiate him to Sixshot, but wow his colours work so well. Nautica is awesome also, but I could easily leave the Optimus Prime and Fastclash I have no interest in either. For £30 this set is a steal.

• Like Like x 2
  19. jon trooper

jon trooper Starscream addict

News Credits:
    Ah dam I’ll have to check this weekend I’m literally only wanting quickswitch myself

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    No Velocitron at Great Yarmouth Home Bargains. I hate that feeling when you go out full of hope to find a specific item in a store but it's not there and you have to leave empty-handed.

• Like Like x 3