United Kingdom Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by payres, Jul 10, 2003.

1. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    £35 as per other Entertainer sightings. No Sixshots in there though :-(

2. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting - if I'd realised they hadn't been seen before I'd have had a look at the packaging. I'd assume it was import stock.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MRDA

MRDA The beast shouting "I" at the heart of your world.

Decided to pop into Gallions Reach earlier/yesterday to see what they had to offer. Smyths had the usual TLK/RID stuff, and TR Krok, Kup, Perceptor, and Topspin for £18/£19. Decided to hold off on the latter two until I'd checked the Tesco next door.

And, lo and behold! Not only did I find the TR Sixshot I'd been hoping for, it was priced to clear at just £23! Even better, the TR Deluxes that had been going for nearly £20 at Smyths were just a tenner at Tesco!

So, I pick up Sixshot, Topspin, and Perceptor and take 'em to the till; the latter two rung up on the system at £9 each! Result!

IMG_20180102_134005.jpg IMG_20180103_030245.jpg IMG_20180102_142143.jpg IMG_20180103_024426.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    I hope to one day find a mystical Tesco which stocks these cut price Generations TFs. The only luck I had was the cheap Astrotrains / Alpha Trion and wave 1 deluxes a few months back.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ratchphis

Ratchphis Member

After a quick phonecall to Southport entertainer yesterday, I found they had just got their case of PotP Legends.
    Got there just as it was opened and picked up the 3 new guys case fresh.

There's still one each of Slash, Windcharger & Beachcomber if anybody's looking and 2 of the Skrapnel variant for you troop builders.
    Happy to pick some up if anybody needs an assist. Pass it on my way home from work.

6. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

had feared that would be the case - good thing the Cribbs TRU has had it's refit - that was really swish last time I went in ( just before xmas) - will be popping over on Saturday - do you have any idea if the Entertainers in Broadmead/Cabots have got the POTP legends in?

• Like Like x 1
  7. kaijubot-uk

kaijubot-uk Keep Running

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Titans Return reductions have reached Tesco Oldham (Huddersfield Road), though most of their stock is Wave 1 with a handful of Gnaws, a lone Broadside and a few Sixshots. Legends are £7.50, deluxe is £9, £16ish for Voyagers and £23 for Sixshot. Movie Leaders were reduced to £30 but the rest of the movie line seemed to be full price.

8. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    I'm possibly going to check the Newport one at lunchtime, but in the event of a fruitless search, would anyone be willing to pick me up a £23 Sixshot and £9 Perceptor? Or at least, let me know if they can, and I'll confirm?

9. LeAwesome1

LeAwesome1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got a real shock this morning; on Christmas day I ordered Blitzwing and Octane (TR) from Amazon.com as the price for both combined was about £70 (however thats probably changed due to their official Blitzwing stock being sold out when I purchased). It said that Octane would arrive the 9th of January, Blitzwing the 10th. To my surprise Blitzwing arrived in the mail! Turns out the other company on Amazon.com was actually based in Nottingham so it arrived rather hastily. Just waiting for Octane, Misfire and Twin Twist then all of my Christmas purchases will have arrived!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That FP is actually a separate entity to the stores where Slugslinger, Misfire etc. have been spotted, that's why they're rubbish compared to the other stores that have been getting the newer spotted TF's in. Think they're an international company as the likes of the Bold Street FP in Liverpool is not (which received the newer figures but quickly sold out) this also explains why their prices can vary as to other FP's you may have been to :) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. kaijubot-uk

kaijubot-uk Keep Running

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Manchester is, indeed, a part of the other Forbidden Planet chain (as is Leeds, I think) and consequently has been rubbish for Transformers for quite a while now. I cry a little every time I seen someone mention sighting Titan Master wave 3 at an FP because of this.

Edit to add: £35 Sixshot but no Sky Shadows in Entertainer Oldham. No PotP Legends either, just Cosmos and Seaspray.

• Like Like x 1
  12. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The FP situation is complicated & confusing

Forbidden Planet (bookstore) - Wikipedia

The London store is the original company, and they have others round the UK

Forbidden Planet Store Locations

The Scotland store became Forbidden Planet International - but confusingly have the .co.uk domain name and also have other locations in the UK, including Manchester.

Forbidden Planet International Store Locations

You can correlate these two lists with where the TFs have been found to see if one is better than the other!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I can confirm it's "International" that are sh*te for TFs, that's Manchester & Leeds which I know firsthand. Where we've seen decent selections at decent times of the likes of Shuffler and Ramhorn being spotted in Liverpool & Bristol IIRC who are t'other.

• Like Like x 5
  14. mcluskyism

mcluskyism Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing confusing about it. The founders could no longer work together, and eventually came to an agreement to share the name.

• Like Like x 3
  15. motorthing

motorthing Polarised.

News Credits:
    I'll bet it was Yoko's fault.

With POTP Legends popping up everywhere else it's no surprise that the Wimbledon Entertainer still doesn't have them. Nor the website which makes zero commercial sense at all.

Get your fingers out Christians, chop chop.

• Like Like x 5
  16. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    Checked the Newport Tesco - it's definitely the best for TFs in the local area, but hilariously those £9 deluxes were all wave 1, and they'd run out of £23 Sixshots. I bought Blurr for the third time because maybe this time I'll like him and not sell on.

They also had RID Warriors for £11 but no Bludgeon, and TLK Mega One Step Dragonstorm for £40, and TLK leaders for £29 I think.

Bargain shop next door had lots of Rogue One 3.75 basic figures for £3 too so got a Sabine Wren and the lanky robot from Rogue One.

17. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The sharing of the name is the confusing bit! Especially in the Internet age where the original branch is .com but the international is .co.uk!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Warpnut

Warpnut Member

Potp Legends spotted at Meadowhall Entertainer, a few Sixshots too.

Slash seems fly off shelves as they only had one left.

19. mp10

mp10 Active Member

entertainer Stafford I was going to go visit as its a new store .
    so I phoned first for power of the primes
    they said they had no new transformers in and no power of the primes .
    I decided go anyway and lol.
    beachcomber windcharger skrapnel and little dino guy was there 2 of each
    I got beachcomber and windcharger 11each
    my bad I looked at my receipt its 11 each don't know why I thought I paid 11.99 thanks it made me double check

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  20. LeAwesome1

LeAwesome1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    11.99 each? They were £11 each in my Entertainer