United Kingdom Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by payres, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just a warning for anyone getting Computron from smyths!

Qc is...pretty bad, especially on scattershot and lightspeed. Nearly snapped lightspeeds head off transforming him (joint to fold the front of the car onto the back is extremely tight) and scattershots right fist snapped off combining him (thankfully I had the single release of him so it was a simple arm swap) the paint at the hinge is quite thick and the gap between to allow the fost to flip around to what be the back of computrons legs can't of been enough to allow it, and me being heavy handed (and used to transforming the mould) it broke pretty easily.

Just a fair warning to all, it's still a good set and I might have of gotten a bad batch, but considering how much these 2 moulds have being used I'm hardly surprised.

2. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RiD Warrior Wave 10 in Andover Asda & reduced to £12!

3. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not just you. I only took Scattershot out the pack, went to transform him to torso mode, and I cannot fold one of his fists back correctly. It looks like the pin is misaligned. Bending it little past the initial robot position led to stress marks. Looks like I'm gonna have to take it to my nearest shop and try for an exchange, or cash back. Although hopefully an exchange.

4. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should be able to get the single release of scattershot for £15 from either smyths or The Entertainer, a simple swap of the arms and he will be good as new.

Not that you should have to but I suppose either way works :p 

5. TILallrRUST

TILallrRUST Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got takara's version of compy but I've very tempted to pick up Hasbros aswell, anyone got both and would say he's worth it?

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Great Yarmouth Asda has some weird RID things I've never seen before. Very simplistic. The vehicle mode sorta stands up to reveal the robot mode. They're in boxes for £9.99. Grimlock and Sideswipe were the characters I saw.
    EDIT: I think this is what I saw:
    Robot Warrior

Also the Combiner Force figures with the MiniCon partner that activates attack mode were on offer for £8.50 rather than the regular £17. A much more palatable price.

And on a side note: ASDA still have some really good deals on Lego right now with many of the newer City sets between £2 and £8 off. The fun Pizza Van is currently £10 rather than £15. Well worth a look if you're into Lego as there are some great savings to be had.
    The RID Warriors are back to full price in my ASDA now, as are the One-Steps, so it might be worth grabbing any you want if you can still find them reduced before they all go back up again.
    There are just some people that will buy stuff at any silly price. Unfortunately it just tells Hasbro or ASDA or whoever that such pricing is acceptable and to keep pushing it. I'm pretty certain ASDA will have Deluxes up to and maybe even over £20 at some point this year.

However, my local Asda still have their TR Deluxes and Legends from last Saturday, seemingly untouched. I really am surprised as I expected them to be snapped up almost immediately. I guess we're more tightfisted in my area than I thought. That said, them remaining unsold just means they're still around to mock me.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's what i plan on doing eventually, want takara's Scattershot and lightspeed and they go for stupid prices sold separately.

Tak Compy himself isn't that bad, going for about £130/40 on ebay, which considering how much the other sets go for, is not bad.

8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Couple of Bargain Compys up on the very top shelf at Bradford's Smyths store, and I see that deluxes are up to £18.99 there too now.:( 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    even better than tesco's price of £25!

10. CupcakeAvenger

CupcakeAvenger Member

Not had the QC issues for Computron luckily. Only dodgy thing about mine was I got a Liokaiser poster instead of Computron. Nothing that really matters, just found it weird.

11. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How is lightspeed? his joints etc?

Mine are horribly loose, luckily he is staying in car/combined form from now on

12. CupcakeAvenger

CupcakeAvenger Member

Joints seem fine so far, and I've swapped him between all his different modes. The only thing is he will separate his legs a little too easy in arm mode, but he's staying as a leg so it won't matter too much.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Omegastoopreme

Omegastoopreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just ordered my Compy online this morning as they aren't in stock at Rayleigh yet.

I'll report in on any undue stiffness/floppy/QC/weird wrong poster issues when he arrives next week.

Any probs wuth the torso I'll just swap him out with the solo release one, I'm basically buying the set for the limbs at that price anyway. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Crankcase79

Crankcase79 Powermaster

News Credits:
    Spotted in Next today. Only in child sizes unfortunately! £12 as well.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. waraijj

waraijj Well-Known Member

no adult sizes!? they didn't even consider that grown men can wear this!!??
    what an incompetent market forecast!
    :) :D :p o_O 

• Like Like x 4
  16. Allenspurs

Allenspurs Well-Known Member

Wonder if i can convince my five year old daughter to wear that..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Popped into Home Bargains (don’t bother, unless you want their biryani rice, well nice), then ASDA which had the range you would expect, no surprise that all the Gnaws are gone (Colchester), they still have 2 bees and 2 Insects, and the TR biggies are still 18-97!
    Picked up one of these though on the cheap, only a bit worried she will loom over the Warriors, and I have no space on my NuRID shelf as it is, oops.
    DSC_0269.JPG
    Oh, Tesco have loads on TF t-shirts on the Direct by the way.

18. Omegastoopreme

Omegastoopreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So gonna buy my older son one of those TF tee's :) 

• Like Like x 1
  19. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Did you wake up this morning with no interest in anything beyond Wave 1 Legends? Are you repulsed by anything more current than Last Augusts overstocks? Are you crying yourself to sleep at night at your inability to buy 15 Rewinds all in one go?

Well fret no more because TRU Old Kent Road has binned almost everything else to restock Wheelie and Rewind and has you more than covered. Isn't that fantastic.

Fucknuts.

• Like Like x 6
  20. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So I took my ordered online Computron to Edinburgh Smyths, and they were happy to swap the opened box set for a sealed one. Even happier when the guy checking it stressed the mis-pinned wrist even more.

My replacement one is almost perfect. A few thick paint issues stopping things from plugging in on a few bits, but nothing disastrous.

• Like Like x 2