United Kingdom Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by payres, Jul 10, 2003.

1. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I take it wave 4 is still a long ways off?

2. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Would seem so. Wave 3 was in shops before far-East importers had them but not this time so, normal service resumed.

First toy run in ages yesterday to my local Big Sainsburys (Wandsworth) and they had......one CW Brawl and a restock of CW Cyclonus and Hot Spot - five each of the Buggers at £23.

Yes, that's just what everyone needs.

The Entertainer over the road had TR Optimus and Megatron at £21.60 which seems an oddly specific price. And TR Wave 2 Dlx refugees at the comedy price of £23. That's not going to fly Sonny.

They are pretty determined to keep trying these stupid, Line killing price points it seems.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LeAwesome1

LeAwesome1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are that price because they are on sale, 20% off. They are normally £27, which is ridiculously overpriced. I paid double that to get 3 deluxes and a voyager from Toys R Us (albeit on sale)

• Like Like x 1
  4. dacamper

dacamper lurking in the shadows

News Credits:
    Went to B&M Great Yarmouth today and they had the Kinder Easter Eggs with Transformers for £5 each. Looks like Optimus Prime or Bumblebee in the egg.

IMG_9694.JPG IMG_9695.JPG IMG_9696.JPG IMG_9697.JPG IMG_9698.JPG

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Tell me about it. My local Asda finally got in TR Hotrod, Triggerhappy and Twinferno, plus Legends Bumblebee, Gnaw and Kickback, but I simply cannot justify £19 for a Deluxe and £12 for a Legend. I can afford it, but I just will not pay out any more for the ever-increasing prices of TF. That's just over £90 for six figures, three of which are really small. After so long wanting these figures to finally appear in a shop near me it killed me to leave them on the shelves, but unless I come across them in some kind of sale now I guess I've finally been priced out of collecting Transformers after starting way back in 1984 and loyally staying with the brand non-stop since then. Difficulty in finding stuff and increased prices have just killed my enthusiasm. It's a sad day indeed, especially as all these reimaginings of G1 characters would've been so exciting to me only a few years ago. So today I just spent my money on Lego instead, which has become a more and more frequent purchase alternative to Transformers.
    My neck of the woods. I'll have to take a nosey next time I'm in town. Probably not worth a fiver to me though.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  6. motorthing

News Credits:
    I sympathise with this. It's a brilliant wave of toys, some of the best we've ever got but I agree that once the price of a deluxe goes over £16 we are being royally fleeced. And Legends at £12 can just fuck off. When TRU was able to knock them out at £12.50 recently that felt like what they should be, this £16-23 range depending on where is not sustainable.

I actually saw Wave 3 in the Savacentre Sainsburys Colliers Wood at this £19 price today and I reckon they will be there a while. The TRU next door had a whooping 5 pegs devoted to TFs - and two of those where the WFC Cassettes that I imagine will outlive me. This is the smallest a TF Section has ever been in my memory.

Lego pretty much owns both venues now for shelf space and prominence and I guess there are reasons for that. One of which may just be connected to their ability to make Films that don't make their customer base embarrassed/Ill.

• Like Like x 7
  7. CupcakeAvenger

CupcakeAvenger Member

Smyths now have Computron available for home delivery which is free or there's express shipping for £4. Got my dispatch confirmation less than an hour after placing the order for delivery tomorrow. Don't know if stores have it, but Glasgow certainly doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Omegastoopreme

Omegastoopreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Which is typical as I spent the money I was saving for it when it vanished off the site for a few days.

Fingers crossed it will still be there next Tuesday when my wages go in.

9. Omegastoopreme

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bugger RID Skywarp and Blurr have gone from coming soon to out of stock on Smyths Website without ever actually coming in.

10. RoboSnuf

RoboSnuf Pasta of Muppets

News Credits:
    Yes, Forbidden Planet - as per my post from last week. Sorry I missed your query but you only had to look back a couple of pages... I hope you found some goodies!

11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    It's hard to tell with Smyths, dropping off the site sometimes means the stock is about to land or has been delayed. It's happened to PMOP, Astrotrain and now Compy among others that they've dropped off before going live for sale.
    I've taken to leaving a grace period whenever something I'm after drops off Smyths website now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. motorthing

News Credits:
    Asda Clapham Junction have sold their Wave 3 Dlxs and Legends. All that was left was a solitary TR Bee. So somebody is buying at £18.97..........

13. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the TF section in TRU Chatham is becoming smaller by the day. Maybe they're making room for something else in anticipation of the movie figures having a display at the front, but it doesn't look good for TR figures.

14. Omegastoopreme

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    True, I'm just really hoping a few Compys will still be about come Tuesday next week when I get paid

• Like Like x 1
  15. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tesco Clacton have nuRID warriors in for £9.49. The only "new" one left is Blastwave, as I got Starscream.:D 
    There was also Scorpinok, Prime (one of his many repaints/retools, had swords), and some others who had been around ages.

16. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    TRU Ipswich had about five MP Bumblebees reduced to £60. And their tf section is shrinking too :( 

17. Rack n Ruin

Rack n Ruin Wrecker

News Credits:
    If they drop to £40 I might (might) bite.

18. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Warrington Sainsburys...no sign of warrior Soundwave or his wavemates. Hoping they show up cheaper soon elsewhere anyway. For those that have Soundwave, how big is he compared to the recent TR deluxes? Couldn't find many pictures on the Soundwave thread but he looks kinda small and squat :/

19. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Computron is in stock at smyths at portrack lane, non on the shelf but the lady said they just came today, order from the website if u are in the area!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because I know payres likes his package shots, here ya go! If you need anything just let me know :) 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1