United Kingdom Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by payres, Jul 10, 2003.

1. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From what I can see Titans Return seems to be doing good business except for the Legends. I suspect this'll mean we'll get stiffed on a Legends Wave somewhere, cos Hasbro UK.

Thing is I see Wave 2 as being retail poison: Three similarly coloured toys, all repaints, two of which don't have robot modes and the one with a robot mode is packed shorter than the others (2 Rumble vs 3 Ravage & 3 Laserbeak) and is also the one in demand because it doesn't have a better looking Japanese repaint (yet).

As it is the Legends is the only size class not to reach Wave 2 on UK shelves (because Wave 1 has sat?) I can see a scenario where Wave 2 arrives late, because of Wave 1 sitting, and Wave 3 (BB, Sharkticon & Kickback, absolute gold, three new moulds) DOESN'T come out here.

I think if it came to a choice I'd rather we DIDN'T get Wave 2 than Wave 3.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Probably well known. But Asda have a card box stand with RID in it. bisk 3step and 1step etc. 1steps at £8. I bought another legion clampdown for 4.65. :/ Not sure on deluxes, they had the Super Megaforce Prime deluxe thingy etc.

Yes Tesco have TR wave 1 deluxes, voyagers, legends.

3. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has one wave across any size class featuring Bumblebee been skipped since 2007? No way do they miss an opportunity like that :p 

4. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ID Toys used to have a shop in Norwich city centre back when they were called Toyz and gamez, then they moved to near the airport, saying they would operate more like Argos. This was a few years back, before the name change, so I don't know if this information is still correct.

5. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Fairly sure Kapow no longer have a shopfront but I thought ID Toys did.

Contact Us

Store at Dixon's Shopping Centre? Guess it doesn't necessarily mean a shopfront but implies it I guess.

6. JazzyHide!!

JazzyHide!! Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Went through to York Clifton moor TRU and Smyths... I was shocked to find the rescue bots quick shadow, Blurr and the other f1 drone looking one on the shelves in great quantity, I hadn't seen these were out in the Uk. Snagged me a Blurr but will go back for quick shadow soon.

I managed to pick up Paralon and screamer at 10.99 at TRU, they were on the pegs at 14.99 but I quiried at the till and I said they were the same line as those at 10.99 and they honoured the price! Those and Lord Doomitron came home with me also.

7. Collectotron

Collectotron Pretender Defender

News Credits:
    Just been thurmaston asda there was a Titans return stripes , rewind combiner wars chopshop and buzzsaw also rid windblade, scorponok, the quillfire and thunderhoof repackaged and power surge prime and a lot of rid minicons and they Had Titans return apeface,brawn,skytread but they don't any more

8. Collectotron

News Credits:
    image.jpeg

9. Collectotron

News Credits:
    The rid warriors at asda thurmaston are £11 and three step changers are £15 also had rid hotwheels things and the bumblebee car deployer

10. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The end times are nigh! A successful trip to Nottingham! Egads!

Smyths have a full compliment of TR Wave 1 deluxes at £16.99 as well as the usual wave 1 voyagers and leaders. They also had one Astrotrain (that I could see) which I snagged. I didn't spot any Alpha Trions either, so they must have been gone before I got there.

West Bridgford Asda had the usual wave 2 titan masters, a few remaining Hardheads and Scourges, and two Wolfwires (now one) and two Highbrows.

Nottingham TRU was the only marginal disappointment (when is it not?) but even there there were some surprises - the latest RID wave was in, but while there were Starscreams left I didn't see any Paralons. I was tempted by Starscream (love me some Deceptijets) but I'll continue to wait and hope for a Thundercracker repaint. Also their Platinum Collection selection now includes the Classics mould double pack of Optimus and Megatron... but at £99.99 it would be way over the mark to buy at the best of times, but while Kapow are selling the same thing for £35 it would be absolute insanity.

11. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. Imperator

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
  13. SgtLemon

News Credits:
    It is rather expensive, but I think he is a lot bigger then Kaon, + whens the next time you ever gonna get a figure of him?

14. Imperator

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Whoops, meant to say Tarn's faceplate. I'll find a body to stick him on, and kerboom. Cheaper than £110, for sure.

15. SgtLemon

News Credits:
  16. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sadly no restocks of the TR Wave 2 Deluxes into The Entertainer in Bristol, still with the same stock they've had for last six or so months.

And after the brief on the shelf appearance of Transformers into Portishead via Sainsburys, looks like they've now given up as there is absolutely no TF's at all now. They did however redeem themselves with offering Event Horizon on Blu ray for £5.00!

17. HugeBadWolf

HugeBadWolf XO in charge of radishes

News Credits:
    Slough Smyths has all of w2 TR deluxes and a couple of Soundwaves.

Cheers,
    Doug

18. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im off to York today and prob go to Clifton on Monday to have a look around..

19. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Two RID Warrior Screamers in MK TRU with 25% off- so £14.99. They're by the entrance not with the other Transformers.

20. Exinferis

Exinferis Liberate me Ex Inferis!

Had to go to Lincoln yesterday for a hospital appointment (on a Saturday?!). Couldn't get to all the stores as I ran out of time, but did manage to get to TrU. Found NuRiD Starscream (they had two, I nearly had a heart attack!) but no Paralon. However, I did find this:
    [​IMG]

Did we know about this one? He's pictured on the bottom of Starscream's box along with Paralon, but I can't remember seeing him here. I found him at the back of some old Construct-Bots Prive Vs. Megs sets. I don't know if he just fell off the peg (likely) or if someone had hidden him, but he came home with me! :D  He has the £19.99 sticker on the bottom of the box but rang up at £14.99. Is he another TrU exclusive figure?

They had all three Dickie Prime-with-trailer die-casts too, but I only took the "Roll Out" one; hope to get the others when they're on offer.

Also found the TF mag in Tesco. This month there's a Grimlock grabber! Was going to pass, but then had a moment of nostalgia for those grabby things on a stick I had as a kid (I had a shark!) and caved. He's really good fun! :lol 

Otherwise, no TF sightings, but if anyone collects the DW Time Squad figures they're £1.49 each in Poundstretcher.