United/Generations KUP pics! and others

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by tackertackle, Oct 13, 2010.

1. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Red Leader's Pictorial review of Hasbro Tracks indicated that there is no no flying car mode. I wonder if it is possible for the Hasbro Tracks to do what the United Tracks does.

Also wonder if the Hasbro version of Jazz has speakers like the United version does. Loving that mode!

Kup is excellent in Bot Mode. The pickup mode is ok nut would look better if the fromt had different lights and grille pattern.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    The first post says that they are all Generations versions except for Straxus and Lugnut who are United's versions.

3. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I did see that, but just wanted a lil more confidence to justify a blown load.

4. Sepultron

Sepultron .

So next year after "Reveal the Shield" are they returning to "Generations"? Kup has Autobot insignias.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    How funny is it that there was all this debate over the flames on movie-verse Prime because the character never had flames before; and here we have Tracks,a character who is supposed to have flames and yet he doesn't really.

Anyway, these all look great.

6. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Toy prices in the US are artificially low because of volume retailers like Wal-Mart who refuse to pay more than 'X' per toy.

On top of which the Dollar/Yen exchange rate isn't as favorable as it once was.

7. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    KUP! Yes, he's a little odd looking but I really dig him. looking forward to these, they all look incredible.

8. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy shit-tastrophe!!!! Kup is perfect and the new pics of everything else are gorgeous. I knew there would have to be some way to do a flying car mode on Tracks!

9. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Those toys are AWESOME.

Though Lugnut has the wrong head color.

Damn you TakaraTomy - you're gonna make me buy 2 of those glorious toys just to have one to headswap with Hasbro's.

10. mikeyfuzz

mikeyfuzz Newly converted GIJoe fan

Ebay:
    Kup looks amazing

11. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    Manly tears of joy are pouring down my cheek right now.

That thing is beautiful.

12. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The flight mode is possible on the Hasbro version. The reason Red Leader (nor anybody else up until now) didn't catch it was because on the old toy, the wings popped up from underneath the car, not from inside the car doors. I think it looks pretty bad, but if you like it, don't worry. :) 

And Jazz will have the speakers in the Hasbro version, as well.

13. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome. Love Jazz's speakers as well.

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Generations is made of pure win and love.

That KUP is AWESOME.
    Perceptor is very nice
    Wreck....

I'm just going to go down the list and call every G1 character amazing. My only beef is that weak flight mode for Tracks, I will have to live with a no flight mode Tracks.

LUGNUT is a cool non animated version of himself but in the name of keeping the collecting real I will not be picking him up.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Nice new pictures, though I would hazard a guess that most of these are the Hasbro versions. Only one's that are clearly the Takara one's are Straxus and Lugnut.

Jazz, still looks great. His head seems a little small, but that's the only issue I have with this guy. It's nice to finally see the speakers. They're nice, but I'll probably keep them folded down most of the time.

Tracks, still looks as bad as ever. That flight mode is absolutely horrible. Only way I'll get this mold is if it actually does get repainted/retooled as Wheeljack. Though I have to admit, the alt-mode is still too Corvette-like, imho, to work as anything else.

Straxus, actually not that bad of a color difference. Still not going to get this guy. I'll wait for Skullgrin. Though I do like that they put some paint on his face. Helps brake up that one shade of blue a bit more.

Perceptor is looking good. Not perfect, but definitely better than before. Depending on what else I want to get at the time, I might actually get him. Yeah, his alt-mode isn't a microscope, but honestly, woop-de-fu#&@%*-doo. He's still Perceptor, he's still a scientist, and he's got a great bot-mode.

Wreckgar still looks good, and is definitely still on my to-get list. I really like how they worked his weapon in as part of the exhaust. He's definitely one of the best bike-mode Transformers figures they've created. Should be interesting to see who, if anybody, he gets repainted as. Honestly, with a good enough looking alternate head sculpt, I could see this as Oil Slick, or even Sideways.

Lugnut, not bad, but I like Hasbro's version better. Honestly, the shiny paint doesn't help this guy (or any of the other figures they've put it on). Also, all this guy is missing is some bright green paint apps in a couple of spots, and it would have looked like Banzaitron.

Kup, what can I say, that looks amazing. Slightly chunky, but other than that, he's absolutely perfect. Really surprising considering the alt-mode they gave him. Not that it's a bad alt-mode (it is also awesome), just that I wouldn't have expected an awesome bot-mode like that to come out of an alt-mode like that. This figure will be bought with no hesitation. I really hope they give us a new Deluxe or Scout class Wheelie. The old man needs more than Hot Rod to tell stories to, lol. Not sure who they should, or could, repaint this guy as, but I wouldn't mind owning more than one copy of this mold.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Excellent figures! Hasbro is really spoiling us with these great new G1 updates.

17. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Electro remold of Kup please(new head, sword replacing "musket")

18. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think it looks cheezy too but at least Tracks has that gimmick.

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, all of these look really nice. Shame we didn't see Tak-Tomy versions of all of them as I'm interested in seeing if Tracks will have more G1 accurate flames than his Hasbro release.

First off, Kup is fan-freaing-tastic! Seriously, I've wanted to have a Kup to go with my S3 Autobots for awhile now and this is the perfect update! I love how they kept the G1 styled chest even though they gave him an Earth alternate mode... it really helps to envoke the character. Also, I can see them getting Trailbreaker and, maybe with some heavy remolding ala Grapple, Hoist out of this mold as well.

Tracks and Jazz look as good as they ever have and I'm happy to see confirmation on Tracks' flight mode even if it does look like an after thought to the toy design... this seems to lend some credence to the idea that this mold was intended to be Wheeljack with a Tracks remold. Also, dig the speakers on Jazz. I believe this is the first look we've seen of them outside of Botcon as none of the official pics have had them deployed.

Wreck-Gar doesn't look quit as nice in the grey plastic as he does with the silver, but he's still awesome all the same. Really, after all this time I should expect Hasbro's photoshopped pics to be different from the actual toy, but it still catches me by surprise sometimes.

Finally, accuracy to Animated be damned! This Lugnut simply looks more visually stunning to me. In my opinion it'll be worth shelling out the extra $30 or so to pick him up for my collection.

20. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Lawdy lawdy. If those aren't pretty. I'm pleasantly surprised by Kup- that's a definite purchase. I absolutely love the alt mode, and I like that he's a stocky bot. Really really happy.

The others don't interest me. Seeing more pictures of Lugnut, I worry more and more that he's going to be a dwarf again...