United Airlines Call Centers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razerwire, May 22, 2007.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Okay, I know all their call centers are outsourced now to India, which is fine. It saves them money in the long run, etc. etc.

But PLEASE don't try to make it seem like it's still in the States!

I called them today to make sure that everything is okay with my flight.

When I get in contact with the agent, he has a very thick Indian accent. He then proceeds to say "Thank you for calling United Airlines. This is Victor Smith. How may I help you today."

COME ON! Victor Smith? Are you kidding me? Yes it's probably more easier to remember a name like that but seriously! I nearly busted out laughing on the phone because of how silly it seemed.

It is kinda sad that callers can't make an effort to deal with foreign names that they have to resolve to using generic Western names.

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Cingular's Warranty/Exchange department is outsourced to India. It used to be a running joke with us that on the first day of training, they have two giant wheels, like the Price is Right wheel, with American names on it, and they line up and spin them.

*spiiiiinnnn*
    Bob!

*spiiiinnnn*
    Roberts!

I swear, I even talked to a "Neo Anderson" one day.

3. Razerwire

News Credits:
    :lolol 

Neo Anderson. :lolol 

The trouble I'm seeing with this naming thing is that if there's a problem and you call them back and ask for the name, they can say? "Victor Smith? We have no Victor Smith here. In fact we have no one here who has a name remotely close to that."

4. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Pray you never have a billing problem on ticket with an airline. I was charged twice by US Airways for a flight last June. After 4 months of calls to a different person who was hard to understand, it was finally resolved in October. I never paid attention to the names though, that is funny.

Neo Anderson :lol 

5. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I get comments all the time from customers, that they're so happy to talk to someone who speaks English. One guy refused to call Norton because he didn't want to talk to someone in India.

We've decided that one day we're all going to take calls with Indian accents.

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    When I called the other week the woman I ended up talking to didn't sound Indian but she did have this high pitch nasally voice that was difficult to understand and I was wishing I was talking to an Indian instead.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I find Texas accents worse than Indian ones. They just sound so damn stupid with that drawl.

8. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Its done to improve customer service, make you feel more comfortable etc on the phone and understand thier advice - sounds like crap but its true. You ring IBM UK head office (which i do often for my job) you get Indian/Scottish Americans total hybrid accents.

9. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I worked at a bar in college. We had the NFR in town. Dude walks up with a ten gallon hat, boots, nut hugger jeans, and a belt buckle the size my head.

Him: "AH'D LAHK AH CRRR'S LAHT."

Me: :confused: 

Me: "Pardon me sir? What would you like?"

Him: *Points to a Coors Light*

Me: "OHHH! COORS LIGHT!"

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    We have a new help desk in Puerto Rico we have to call, as well as one in India.

Puerto Rico isn't as bad as India, but still damned annoying, especially when you are forced to call them to get certain things done.

Outsourcing help desks out of country = dumbest shit ever. It's like anti-help.

11. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I can understand trying to improve customer service, but as far as the comfort part goes? The fact that there is a language issue to begin with makes me uncomfortable right off the bat.

That is why I've called them so many times to confirm my ticket. In the back of my mind I keep thinking they didn't know what the hell I was asking for when I called them.

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    :lol  CRRR'S LAHT

13. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:

Personally, I would feel better if they said their name was Apu and called me "Mr. Homer".

14. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I don't care where call centres are as long as the people either know what they are talking about or are willing to put me througth to somebody who does when they can't resolve the problem.

Unfortunatly neither of those is the case with my ISPs Indian sweatshop where they read all thier questions off of a sheet, blame me for line faults because i'm using my own router instead of thier shitty ones and won't put me thougth to somebody useful unless I shout violently at them.

15. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Same here but trying to understand a Scottish Indian is damn hard.

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

It bothers me the most concerning customer service when all they can say is "I'm so sorry, but I cannot help you with that", and then when you want to contact the home corporation they either do not know the info or will not give it to you.

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    "Yes indeed Mr. Homer, if it is not Scottish, then it must be crap!"

18. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I had a problem with my brand new computer (had to get not one but TWO replacements earlier this year) and must've spent at least 15 hours trying to deal with it. the language barrier and inability to understand very simple statements like "I TRIED THAT ALREADY" kills me. then also having to spell things or have them spell it back to me. no, my first name isn't "casincharlierasinradioaasinalphaiasinicecreamgasingamma," it's Craig, very plain and simple. don't make me spell common words. *ends rant*

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    maybe you heard wrong. couldve been vikram shmi or sumin.

20. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

I still stand by the fact that they need to have an advanced Automated answering services. With a bit of AI integrated into it to adapt to questions. Sure it will cost alot to build at first, but over time will save companies billions.

I would take a computer over a person from India any day of the week. I know this is a problem for some people. At least when the computer is having trouble it will pass me off to someone who knows what I am talking about without trying to guess and waste my time.