Unite Warriors Computron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BlackHawkOmega, Mar 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chainclaw

Chainclaw Chris Kent

I like it.

Too bad they seem to be showing the same Afterburner that Hasbro's using though. I was hoping Takara might do a complete remold of him, to make him look more "Tron". I can't stand that windshield design. Looks like a banana to me :/

2. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Lol, they are trolling Hasbro. There is no reason Hasbro couldn't have waited and released this tooling. This is already superior based on this alone.

That said, I am sick to death of these molds. He's going to have to be perfectly painted and even then it is going to be a tough sell.

3. RavageX9

RavageX9 Tripredacus Agent

Not a Takara mall exclusive! Now have to pay almost twice as much.

4. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    OK, I just realized how different this actually is beyond the head, oops. Wow, they may have done it again here. I will have to see more. They've gone above and beyond to try to clean this line up for us and we should be very thankful they exist to do so.

5. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Goddamn, that was fast! I wasn't expecting Yuki to tease Computron for months yet. From what I can tell from this silhouette, every change is welcome. New head, bigger drill, improved Strafe, and Lightspeed from Wheeljack! That last one alone is preorder-worthy enough. I don't even mind the HFG's since it means there won't be combiner kibble left lying around. Damn, I can't wait to see how this thing looks in colour!

But why is Afterburner's wheel sticking so far up in the air? :confused: 

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Huh.

Welp, guess I'll be going Takara again for this guy.

7. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    :Gouki: 
    ......my wallets not akuma......

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks like I'm definitely gonna be getting both versions. :lol 

9. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    I'll wait and see what the new combiner head, foot, and hand pieces look like before making a decision on which Computron to go with.

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm just glad they went and made Computron the next release after Bruticus and didn't throw another non G1 combiner in between releases again.

11. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow they're using the BlastOff mold here, I want to see how that turns out. Also I believe the drill bit is huge now.

12. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I may be the minority sense I didn't know about Computron as a youngster but I like the recolored superior head

13. Lio Kaiser

Lio Kaiser Breastmaster ;)

Gonna have to agree with other's speculation that TT's Nosecone looks like a massive remold of the Rook/Swindle/Hound mold, now with treads instead of wheels, and a giant drill attached to the canopy. It's a good mold choice, especially since the robot mode will have a flat chest (more like the G1 toy) instead of the tank-front chest that Brawl/Hasbro's Nosecone will have.

As for Strafe from Blast-Off? Meh... Sure, it's a SPACE vehicle, but G1 Strafe looks more like a fighter jet and less like a shuttle to me, so Hasbro might win on this one.

Afterburner might be the same toy, just with tweaked paint apps, and that's OK. It's to be expected. This could be a tie, depending on whether or not the head is new (for either Hasbro or TT).

Lightspeed looks like the Wheeljack mold, which is alright. Honestly, either of the Stunticon molds would've worked for me, so if fans get a choice now, more power to them. Too bad you'll have to buy both box sets to get both Lightspeeds. I wonder if fans can set-up a Computron trading post where we can swap limbs from box sets to appease varying-minded fans?

The combiner hands and feet look questionable, and if they're just the typical HFG's, then Hasbro definitely wins here. The head I am iffy on. I could go either way with it, depending on how the "new" head on TT's version looks. Digging the new gun, though.

My BIGGEST worry is that, while they may have the better molds, TT's paint apps will not be as good as Hasbro's. TT's paint choices for their UW line have been questionable on many occasions, which is why I prefer the Hasbro colors for several of the CW toys (if not most of them). Cartoon accuracy be damned! The cartoon models didn't have a lot of colored in detail, so there's always something missing from the TT colors.

I haven't been into the UW line, mostly because of the price (though I plan on saving up for UW Devastator, which was an obvious no-brainer compared to the Hasbro version), but if this set looks good, I may end up seeking out BOTH the Hasbro and TT versions to mix-and-match various parts to get the desired Computron look.

-Marc.

14. Chromedome92

Chromedome92 Member

The only thing I like about the new computron is the new nose cone drill, the new gun and the new head. Everything else is just Meh to me.

15. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Well, looks like I may buy both and what I don't want from the Hasbro set I'll give to my son. I definitely want the Hasbro hands and feet, and may keep a bot or two, but he will definitely have a new torso bot and a few new limbs to play with from the Hasbro side.

But as much as I'd have been OK with the Hasbro versions, I know I'll like this better.

16. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Twice as much?

17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    New gun.
    New head.
    Hands are HFGs.
    Feet appear different from HFGs.
    Wheeljack mold as Lightspeed.
    Blast-Off as Strafe.

It's a definite mixed bags of wins/losses. Tough comparison for people who only want one.

18. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    They're most likely Unite Warriors Blast-Off's HFGs. Which is nice because those look like they make good feet. Not as good as the one on Hasbro's Computron, but still.

19. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does it say it's a TTM exclusive or are people just assuming it?

If everything about this is true, I'm gonna end up buying both because I want Scrounge. Then I can give the Hasbro one to my son and keep Scrounge on the TT one.

20. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

Takara has started to tease their Computron, finally! As happy as I am with Hasbro's version, I want to see more of them BOTH. Like with Titan Devastator, I may go with Takara on this set. I really want to see these side-by-side ASAP! :D 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.