Unite Warriors Computron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BlackHawkOmega, Mar 12, 2016.

1. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    I find UK eBay to be less frequented these days. Last time I was back I brought over 3 exclusives, 2 SDCC exclusives and the exclusive cloaking Sphinx (Mirage)

I was selling them at cost, allowing UK buyers to get sold out items at cost without import fees or anything.

Just sold the SDCC items at the last moment but Sphinx is still unsold. I left him in the UK. If I make it back over the holidays I may put him back up or bring him back and sell him here.

eBay UK seems to be a buyers market right now.

2. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

3. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    (Looks around nervously)

So hey...if we were interested in a reissue for UW Computron, what's the best way to ask for one?

And another thing...apparently there's talk about UW!Blast Off appearing in Power of the Primes in some way. How likely would that happen to the UW!Technobots?

4. TargetmasterJoe

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
  5. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

You should probably just bite the bullet and purchase it now if you want it so badly. No telling if another chance might crop up again if you miss this one.

• Like Like x 2
  6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    Nope. If it's in stock you have to pay for it up front.

7. WereDragon EX

Yeah, that's true. I forgot about that somewhat. Been a while since I bought stuff from them.

8. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    I'd also think twice at the current price. If you peak around eBay and the forums there may be cheaper options. (Just make sure you find reliable sellers.)

• Like Like x 1
  9. TargetmasterJoe

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I really don't know about eBay. Can't help but feel like that's a last resort...and a dodgy one at that.

10. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I find eBay to be extremely reliable the vast majority of the time. Just don't be stupid.

What really gets me is how many people think Craig's List is okay. THAT's the very definition of dodgy....

• Like Like x 6
  11. WereDragon EX

I've bought a few figures off eBay and haven't had any issue. As mentioned, look for reputable sellers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    eBay is good as long as you do your homework. This is a great set compared to what it was going to be before TakaraTomy went the extra mile. If you aren't sick to death of the molds, go for it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SuperSlacker

SuperSlacker Guy who lives in Nemesis Prime's sleeper cab

Get himmm... so worth it. Anxiously awaiting Abominus to get the grudge match started at long last image.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  14. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    Damn it, man...sorry to hear this! A cheap Betatron/Hasbro Scattershot is probably going to be your best temporary fix. The other option is to buy a fresh UW Computron and sell the unbroken limbs and parts from your first set to offset the cost of the new one. As has been mentioned, the individual limbs seem to sell for decent money.

I totally agree here. As a matter of fact I have considered selling off most of my previous molds to let UW Computron represent the CW models. In each case, they're the best of their molds, IMO.

YESS! Too bad the torsos have the same engineering. Lol.
    That's the Reprolabels set, right? It looks fantastic!

• Like Like x 1
  15. WereDragon EX

It's a darn shame that we might not get an Abominus from Takara with the same sort of treatment that the company afforded Computron. Chances are high that Takara's Abominus will be pretty much like Hasbro's.

• Like Like x 2
  16. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I definitely do appreciate the choice, but in the case of Computron, the results were mixed. Takara Scattershot was undeniably better, and I like the Takara color scheme better overall, but Hasbro actually took the step of creating new hands and feet for Computron that were infinitely better than the old HFG's, which Takara continued to use.

Ultimately, I had to buy both (I really wanted Scrounge from Hasbro's set, too), and kept a mix-and-match, selling off the rest.

Mark Baker-Wright on Instagram: “Mix-and-Match Computron”

• Like Like x 2
  17. WereDragon EX

Well, I own both the CW and UW Computrons as well, and quite appreciate the different nuances of both and look at both as an example of the different markets that Hasbro and Takara are catering to. I'm just saying that it's too bad we probably won't get something similar with Abominus what with Takara seemingly opting to release Hasbro's figures with little to no changes now.

18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, Hasbro's and Takara's Computrons are so different that I appreciate them both separately. It would be impossible for me to say which one I liked "better." I think in the end I like Takara's better as a combined robot, and Hasbro's better as individual robots... but even then, you've got the hand/foot issue.

It IS a shame Takara won't have their own take on Abominus, if only because having those different versions gives me an excuse to have one set to display combined and one displayed as separate characters. But on the upside... money and space likely saved.

• Like Like x 2
  19. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    Ha, I think I made the exact same choices!

• Like Like x 1
  20. WereDragon EX

A lot of people did make such a choice, as a matter of fact, when creating a mix-and-match Computron. I know the UW Afterburner elicited a number of complaints for being so red compared to the orange he was for the G1 toy and some comics, and the CW hands and feet are generally regarded as superior than the UW ones. Apart from that, a lot of people seemed to regard the other UW Technobots as superior to their CW counterparts.

• Like Like x 2