UniqueToys SoundMixer (Blaster)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by hailstarscream, Oct 11, 2013.

1. MrHardhat

MrHardhat Well-Known Member

I got him in hand finally. Hes a really impressive lil guy. The "armor" kinda makes him look like Splinter Cell Blaster to me. I just leave it in the box. The guns are cool as hell. Why the hate? One gun transforms into a cassette and one gun is straight from the G1 cartoon series when he fights Soundwave in a club. Some of you cats might want to check that out before you just hate on it. I love this thing. It doesnt fit the original cassettes but when was the last time you displayed the casseticons INSIDE of your Blaster. Plus....if you REALLY want to go there. They increase in size just as the pop out of his chest. Transformers the movie. I personally think this is a perfect remake. Unique Toys is really becoming my favorite 3P group. I like the G1 aesthetic but the updates to detail and pose-ability are also really appreciated. He really is a steal at less than 90 bucks. I guess since I just got UT Predaking, FP Menasor, Giant, Sixshot,.....paying 90 bucks for a figure really isnt even strange to me anymore....but I still agonize spending 20 bucks for figures in the regular stores.....odd. Anyhow. If anyone actually reads this do yourself a favor and get this guy. Hes really good.

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I do that too... buying 3rd party totally messes up your sense of economic standards.

Is that megaphone thing supposed to be a gun? I was confused by that. I just assumed it was so he could yell at people. :) 

zmog

3. ToasterPrime

ToasterPrime Toast maker

I got him in hand (tossed the black armor bits) and he's so great!

Finally, someone made a cassette player scaled to my classics/generation collection.
    he's so great.

Now, am I satisfied? no. because?

Please make SoundWave
    Please make SoundWave
    Please make SoundWave....

4. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

Would love this!! ---^ But first Blaster needs in-scale tapes. :D 

5. Dream Warrior

Dream Warrior Well-Known Member

This is what I'm hoping. The WFC deluxe Soundwave is cool for what it is, but I strongy prefer my Classics bots to have Earth modes, even if they are cassette players from 30 years ago....

6. ToasterPrime

ToasterPrime Toast maker

We had a glimmer or hope a while back (MSO2). but it has since faded somewhat... no news or update

7. Stygian360

Do want, will support and am now officially re-excited. ---^

8. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Got mine recently.

On the good side, this looks absolutely beautiful. Thanks to the comics Blaster was one of the figures I really wanted in the 80's and couldn't get. This one is gorgeous. Very posable and the proportions are perfect.

I absolutely love the transforming gun. (I don't associate Blaster with cassettes since the original toy didn't come with any, the comics version didn't have any, and cartoon Blaster didn't have any until the movie.) Should we get a MP version then I hope they mimick the gun transforming from a cassette.

On the negative side...I have minor stressmarks on the right arm panel. The biggest issue is the plastic bleed from the sprue marks. They all needed to sanded down since they hinder transformation: panels don't want to fold properly until I sanded the sprue marks that are inconveniently placed in the hinge joint. This is also an issue with the panels that fold out from the legs to form the front of the altmode. Either the peg is too big or the hole too small. I really have to do some work on it if I want to transform the figure.

Outside of those issues, the figure looks great.

9. SMOG

Yeah, that sounds similar to some of the problems I had. I guess I'm not the only one who needed to do a bit of sanding on their figure.

But yeah... easily fixed QC issues don't bother me that much when the rest of the figure is awesome. :) 

zmog

10. podleian

podleian Wreck and...have a kip

I didn't have any issues with the arms, but the grey panels/red tabs needed sanding down. Unfortunately, my first effort at transforming him caused stress marks on the grey panels.

11. siccoyote

siccoyote Predacon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't like the idea of toys disintergrating with just proper use.

Was tempted by this guy.

12. Stygian360

Ain't no disintegration going on with this figure. Don't believe that hype. Especially if that thought is preventing you from buying this guy. Do so with abandon and you won't regret it.

13. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I finally got my hands on this figure. He's ok. Nice bot mode but nothing seems to hold in place in alt mode. Arms just hang there and easily pop out of place, leg panels don't really tab in. After a couple transformation, the legs are loose. And the plastic quality seems cheaper, not as durable or good looking as Mania King.

14. SMOG

Yeah, nothing is disintegrating. The only issue with a tiny minority (by all indications) of the figures is a slight sizing issue with some of the parts that need to tab into each other. Some light sanding seems to fix that.

zmog

15. Rahvin

Rahvin Well-Known Member

I have had absolutely zero QC issues with mine. Plastic quality feels good. Joints are all just as tight as I'd like them to be. Everything holds together well. Looks great in both modes, a great representation of G1 Blaster.

My only disappointment is the articulation. The shoulders and hips are good, but the elbows and knees only allow for about 90 degrees of motion. Not really enough for dynamic poses.

16. sinvraal

sinvraal Lost Light Crew

Finally got my replacement part for the incorrect hand. First, many thanks and kudos to Tony of Chimungmung for getting everything sorted out for me. His good reputation is well-deserved. Second, now that the niggling problem is fixed, I'm really quite happy with this guy. I didn't have any other issues, and he fits together quite well in both modes. The only other mod I had to do was shave a slight bit of plastic off the backs of the grey flaps so they tabbed in cleanly, but that was minor. the rest worked out of the box.

I hope we get to see more tapes for him at some point. :) 

17. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

As much as I enjoyed FOC Blaster, this is a much better representation of the character...

[​IMG]

18. Stygian360

By a country goddamn mile... -----^

19. cuters

cuters Diabolist

Anyone have both Sound mixer and Mugen vox please post some pics of the 2 side by side for size comparisons I,m thinking of ordering the 2 just want to see the size difference before i pull the trigger thank you.

20. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

Last edited: May 15, 2014