UniqueToys Mania King (Galvatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    My only issue is that we don't have an appropriately scaled Cyclonus and Scourge to display with him :(  MMC Cyclonus does not fit at all, aesthetically, CW is just bad, and Universe mold (which I'm using) is too small.

• Like Like x 1
  2. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I wish we could black-mail a KO company to make an upsized to voyager of that Universal/BiS mold.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I just got the kfc tempest but he’s too small too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Just get the CW one. It's the only decent option.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking back at Mania King again,yes he has flaws,but hes just imposing on the shelf next to the rest of my season 3 Decepticons.

• Like Like x 2
  6. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yes, he's one hell of an evil looking figure

• Like Like x 2
  7. GR1ML0CK

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    He kinda plays second fiddle now for me since Rioter Despotron arrived. He’s the second in command with Overlord scheming

8. Rasmotron

Rasmotron Active Member

Well, since this has already been Necro'd before I got here...just gonna say:

Things like THIS is why i cant talk to any of you about CHUG/MP debate...how any of you feel justified calling this guy "chug" is beyond me...he has a FRIKKIN L.E.D. for cryin' out loud!

And dont talk to me about "scale" because back when this guy was NEW, he was bigger than any deluxe chug released yet so far.

But, now that there have been bigger, shinier bots released, I guess he just "becomes" chug, retroactively, by comparison...?

Yup, and now I have a headache.

9. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think a lot of people consider something chug if it isn't 100% accurate to source material. Be that G1, Armada, IDW, etc.

10. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    My Mania King does NOT have an LED brother. That was only the second release.

• Like Like x 2
  11. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Eh? Mine definitely does NOT have an LED.

Yes, bigger than a Deluxe, because he's Voyager-sized. Like Classics Optimus and Megatron. Like Titans Return Galvatron. Like Reveal the Shield Galvatron should have been.

He's similar in size to Hegemon (a tad shorter, actually). I don't think anyone's arguing that Hegemon isn't CHUG, so I'm not sure what the issue you're having with Mania King being CHUG is?

I don't think there's anything retroactive about it. Mania King is and always has been a Voyager-sized Galvatron for CHUG collections. You sure you're not thinking of DX9's Tyrant? That was pretty much the de facto MP Galvatron until Sovereign came along.

Anyway... is anyone looking for a copy? I'm getting out of CHUGs (sorry Rasmotron), so I'm selling my fully-Reprolabeld dark purple Mania King for $50 shipped if you're in the lower 48 of the USA.

• Like Like x 1
  12. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I agree with everything you said there. :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love my Mania King, he's definitely CHUG.

• Like Like x 4
  14. boomerdave

boomerdave Well-Known Member

I just sold mine but it had an LED in the fusion cannon. It was the anime color version. Maybe that's the difference.

15. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yes, that was the second release. It had the LED.

16. GR1ML0CK

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This guy is chug and always has been! 03617D10-F886-4125-B6F8-5C7155EFDB0D.jpeg My version one doesn’t give a fuck about led lights or toon accuracy! The second Rioter Despotron lets his guard down it’s on!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rasmotron

Rasmotron Active Member

Okay, you guys really need to nail down what you think the definition of "Masterpiece" is.
    To quote Mikeszekely, above:
    "You sure you're not thinking of DX9's Tyrant? That was pretty much the de facto MP Galvatron until Sovereign came along."

So, you're all saying that a toy that "begins" its life span as a "MP" can somehow become "NOT MP" at a later point in time?

Idiocy. Assuming you use the word the same way I do, "Masterpiece" is a STATIC reflection of the of the quality of the toy, NOT a "comparison" by which a toy might sometimes be 'considered' a MP, and sometimes it might not (given the above example, Tyrant "IS a MP" compared to Mania King, but "NOT a MP" when compare to Sovereign. Re-Donc-U-Lous.
    And no, I dont think just because Hasblo puts a sticker on something, that is what defines a "Masterpiece" toy. First MP Megs, anyone? Or the first seeker mold? Or even something like MP Star Saber, who was beautiful to look at, gimmicks worked well, but the QC was SO shitty that this toy didnt become a "MP" until you bought the replacement joint ratchet set and fixed him.

Oh, and FYI, Tyrant IS my masterpiece Galvatron...I LOVE his feet and I'll tell you why:
    Think of the flash-forward scene in the first Terminator movie, where the "nekkid" T-800 is stalking across the battlefield, and the movie shows a close up of it's robotic foot coming down on a human skull and, actuating the pistons in it's feet, it crushes the skull underfoot.
    THIS is what I imagine Tyrant doing...to, say, Titans Return Hot Scrod (see the picture posted by someone above, but instead of Mania King, it's Tyrant.
    <Crush>
    Not my problem the rest of you "adults" seem to have lost your ability to travel to The Land of Make Believe. Oh, and also, LED's and electronics DO make for a more "highbrow" toy (no pun intended), ergo I consider them to be higher quality and thus more likely to fall into the category of what is a "Masterpiece" toy. And calling something that is otherwise an extrememly high quality toy a "de facto" anything is just insulting...implying that be a placeholder until...something better comes along?
    Wow.
    Allow me to refresh your memory...There was like a six-month window after Tyrant was released for purchase and when the reveal for Soveriegn came out...which means, at the time, no one had any indication that there would even be another Galvatron.
    So for you to post-hoc refer to him as "de facto" (implying that you KNEW there would be an upcoming replacement) makes you look like a monday-morning QB poser.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
  18. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    Erm, you do realize you're not in the tyrant thread here, right? Just thought I'd point it out as that seems to be why you're seeing inconsistency here in what is mp style and what isn't.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Zawicki

Zawicki Well-Known Member

Ignore him. Not worth the time nor effort. They're toys.

• Like Like x 2
  20. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    You're right, actually wasn't arguing with him though, genuinely trying to stear him in the right direction.

Anyway, one day I will probably try to get a mania king, no Hasbro Galvatron fits right on my Chug shelf.

• Like Like x 1