UniqueToys - Allen (Springer)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Aug 11, 2016.

1. SilverWolf01

SilverWolf01 Well-Known Member

I wonder how strong is the hinge that give him ankle pivoting/forward/backward moment? it looks really fragile. Some say it might be diecast metal but anyone has him can confirm it? thank you! :) 

2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Which one? Where the toe connects, or the swivel that allows the entire wheel fender to move? Either way, they're plastic pieces and only the toes are metal in the legs. I don't see a problem with longevity, or I hadn't until this was brought to my attention, but I doubt it'll be a problem.

3. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    IMG_2255.JPG IMG_2251.JPG IMG_2249.JPG IMG_2257.JPG IMG_2255.JPG IMG_2251.JPG
    I got mine these days and I reeived a horrible copy!!! Thighs are scratched, the crotch plate looks like someone has chewed on it, the chest has a scratch and somekind of fingerprint in the plastic, a damaged grey side part, and one of the grey covers is also damaged, besides that the sword was quite dirty, looks almost someone with grey paint on the fingers touched it before it was packed. Let's see what my retailer can do, they want to contact UT for all that!

4. SilverWolf01

SilverWolf01 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply and please take a look at the picture (from Bens review), the part looks really fragile to me and I must apologize for my bad English :) 

note.png

5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's indeed plastic, but I have no fear of it breaking. Seems pretty sturdy.

6. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Looks like you got the rare "Battle for Autobot City" version... doh!

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who is your retailer for this?

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Got mine today, love it to death. Huge, sturdy, chunky, fun!

9. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    Bought it at TFS-Express. I send them the pics, let's see what they can do. as I transformed him there were even more damages...that really sucks!

10. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dang. Hope they'll take care of you.

11. GoggleV

GoggleV Well-Known Member

I just got my Allen a few days ago and I tried searching through the thread and couldn't find any answers, but is anyone elses arm panels for the hands incredibly tight to the point of requiring an excessive amount of force to open? Theres also some really large stress marks inside the arm cavities that are somewhat concerning or am I just overreacting?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  12. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have him in front of me, but I remember something about opening the back part by the elbow first and then the arm panels opened way easier. Haven't looked close enough at the mechanics but I recall something like that when I transformed him the other day.

13. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I made the decision to extend my MP collection to include the characters introduced in the 86 movie a while back and kind of went wild getting caught up, which included this guy. He's a nice figure and I feel his large lower legs are far less offputting in-hand, but overall he just doesn't look quite right in my display. Luckily there are multiple other versions on the way, and this guy did kinda scratch the itch for a Springer so to speak, so waiting for Fans Toys won't seem as bad now. Someone up thread stated he had a Fisher Price or Tonka feel to him, I think that's a good assessment, though I still can't put my finger on what it is about him seems wrong.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Probably the lack of a premium finish. I don't think I'd ever put a scratch in this guy, but I wish he had a little bit of a gloss to him.

15. Juraash

Juraash Well-Known Member

Watch his thighs, I hit them with my finger nail quite by accident and took paint with me. Why they aren't just molded in color...I'm not sure.

But in general, I think this is what the problem is for me. There is a lot about him that works fine in the current MP line, but his fit and finish definitely keep him from blending as seamlessly as I'd want. And while you can't see this on the shelf necessarily, his plastic doesn't feel appropriate either (though it's fine overall).

16. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Oh that suuuuuucks. More incentive to paint it a better color though :) 

17. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  18. Jevarell

Jevarell Member

Overall I'm really impressed with him, nice, solid and beefy.

The moon boots aren't that big an issue for me as they're not a million miles away from the animation model and the Dinobots all have them without people complaining. It would be better if the yellow shoes could somehow become grey but hey-ho.

Just a few things would make this near perfect for me:

Fully articulated hands.

The grey parts being more a green colour like in the mock ups/repaints people have shown.

The peg for the helicopter blade being able to flip/hide in other modes and the green fins being grey and able to flip to the back of the legs more.

An alternate 'smirking' face more in keeping with his character as an extra option.

An attachable arm blaster. Seeing as a flip one ala the Movie would be impossible because of the way the hands are stored, I would be fine with one that plugs onto the arm, after all people don't complain about Prime's axe or Megatrons mace not being part of the bot itself.

I suppose a slightly more 'glossy' finish would be nice but I don't think I ever got the impression from the cartoons/comics that he was particularly shiny.

Looking at it, I suppose it is quite a list but I've never had a masterpiece figure, offical or 3rd party, that I 100% wouldn't want to tweak somehow.

19. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

This is a toy.

He does movements and stuff.

Overall he is green.
    And British.

I like it a lot, now I must lick some frost.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Deductor

Deductor Banned

Got the reprolabels for him and Sworder. Love the new look
    IMG_1540.JPG

• Like Like x 3