Unique Toys War Lord Beasticons (not Predaking)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by rattraprules98, Dec 2, 2012.

1. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

These are suppose to be released soon and we don't even have colored pics of them.

2. mtmte586

mtmte586 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They'd only cost about $82 in Singapore and I think u meant mmc

3. Byrin

Byrin Lim Lao Peh

That will be great news. Phantom and Eagle are going for $140 SGD in chinasquare central. 3rd party prices gets hiked up over here...

4. mtmte586

mtmte586 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well, uniquetoys is from SG. Checkout Mach's pre-order list

5. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    In case people are confused this is the Unique toys predaking and will be around the size of fp bruticus and maketoys devy. While the MMC predaking is more in scale with the tfc devy.

6. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

I'm really digging the designs of UT's Divebomb and Razorclaw, and even though the price is a bit much, I'm willing to pay it. Everything will depend upon whether Razorclaw's torso/hips will require parts-swapping for combination mode, as some have suggested based on the custom Predaking. If that's the case, I'm not interested.

7. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    ;)  Maybe you missed the picture of the Custom that this set was based on. Scale and size are not necessarily the same.

8. Predaking000

The custom that this version is based on is indeed very big, but didn't the UT representative say in an interview that this Predaking will be comparable to MT's Giant in size? As far as MMC being in scale with TFC's Devastator, that's what I heard, too.

9. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

Those guys are using English as a third language lol. Can't understand what they say. But my understanding is UT predaking won't be same size but will scale well with MT giant.

10. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

And I also don't understand how so many people can see the custom next to giant and colossus and think this is the same size as those. Get new glasses people.

11. Predaking000

No need for the attitude. It could be because nobody knows exactly how close UT's final version will be to the custom. No specific size details have been confirmed, so one guess is as good as the other...

Personally, I have no idea how big it'll be.

One reason the custom is so tall in combined form is that there's a swappable torso/hip attachment that plugs into Razorclaw for combination.

The UT rep said that its own Razorclaw will be different. Whether and how this impacts the final size is anyone's guess. I dearly hope that it won't use the same hip-swapping method, though, as that'll be a deal-breaker for me. I hope Razorclaw isn't the last member released, as the success of the gestalt will depend on that figure.

12. shadeozero

Ebay:
    It has been stated by UT that thier version of predaking will be around the same size as MT Devy and Fp bruticus, the main body figure for thier combiner is bigger then the individual members(I guess because of the energon combiner aesthetic?). I classify the Fp/MT combiners as ultra class while TFC size combiners are around Supreme class sizing.

Yes the mmc version will be slightly bigger then tfc hercules I think but this is normal as predaking was always bigger then devastator in the cartoon.

Yes they are expensive thier are following the price example of TFC with thier products i guess. But the MMC versions are getting discounts on thier figures for short times prior to thier releases for people who preorder I beleive so get it while it is hot. - Reformatted - Feral Rex - R-02 Talon - Aerial Assaulter - $20 Off Until 1/25 - Third Party Transforming Toys & Accessories Mastermind Creations

13. shadeozero

Ebay:
    Its been confirmed dude we don't need glasses, we can read just fine, they interviewed them and told them it will be around FP and MT combiner size.

"A recent interview with the group states that the size of the combined robot is in scale with Maketoys Giant and Fansproject Colossus. It's unknown if that means A) the figure will be the same size as those two, or if B) he will be in "G1 Toy Scale", which is larger than those two characters. "

SOURCE: Unique Toys War Lord Beasticons War-Hawk Prototype and Teaser Images - Transformers News - TFW2005

The custom is tall becaue it has the g1 aesthetics 5 members, 4 members around the same size and 1 member (razorclaw) will be taller then the rest of them. I bet the transformation for the gestalt be more or less the same as the g1 figure with rotating hips and armor pieces.

14. Predaking000

To be fair, what that quote is saying is that the exact size is unknown...the UT Predaking could be the same size as the other gestalts (i.e., 'same size'), or it could be bigger (i.e., 'in scale'). And if it's bigger, we don't know how much bigger.

There's a difference there between size and scale.

15. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    ^exactly.

16. thielmj

thielmj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well looks like UT tried to counter MMC today with new Pics of their divebomb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kind of like the way it looks in color, but with MMC I feel like I'm getting more bang for my buck. Larger size and more articulation yet the same price.

18. Predaking000

Haven't seen these before; thanks for posting. Yup, seeing this in color confirms why I prefer the look of this set over MMC's. Totally brings me back to the original toy.

19. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This looks cool and G1. I may still get this (along with MMC one) but gonna wait til it goes on sale or buy used/loose from someone at a discount. Not going to pay full price for this.

20. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    This looks to be the perfect update for the Classics TF Style collector.