Unique Toys War Lord Beasticons (not Predaking)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by rattraprules98, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks like Leo is about two times as tall as the rest of the guys, so he will tower over them. Still, at $350 shipped for all five, I'd say it was a good deal to get a nice updated Geewun predaking.

2. TFKaiser

TFKaiser Commander

Ebay:
    Yup! I'm so glad I preordered this!

I don't get all the hate Unique Toys has gotten. Mastermind Creations was once an unknown company too. >>

3. AmonDemon112

AmonDemon112 Demon General

News Credits:
    ^same here! I just said the same thing on reprolabels.com Facebook group, and of course any mention of Ut Warlord and it all explodes. One guy said today "UT is NOT a good update.. Figures look worse than g1 figures but with articulation" lol! I could easily say the same about tf prime being not a good transformers tv show update lol!
    Seriously what's up with this elitism for 3p Predakings!?!?

4. nihilist98

nihilist98 Well-Known Member

UT have improved quality-wise, from their first release all the way to Sharkies. That's the least a new company should do.

After looking at TFC's full Ares reveal (granted uncolored but we now know what it looks like head to toe), I'm happy to have UT's version. Yes this one is an updated G1 but they updated it with good if not great proportions.

Ares looks a bit lacking at some parts to me. Waist & thighs look a little too narrow for me. As someone said in that thread, it looks like something in between MMC's and UT's versions. I did think of getting all 3, but looks like I'll be sticking to just UT's and MMC's not-Predakings.

5. nihilist98

nihilist98 Well-Known Member

I bet whoever said that said it because of the price of UT's figures. Yes they are on the expensive side. But if it makes you happy, why not? If you can afford it and you enjoy it then more power to you.

And if they say the G1 figures are better than this, then good for them. Hope they have one to enjoy.

6. Krommdor

Krommdor The Penance Stare

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats how I feel about this. I think this one is the nicest looking combined mode all around.

But I have a pretty good lean towards the TFC bot modes so far.

not sure what I'll be doing yet.

7. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    Every company should strive to be their best. What I really like about UT is when war hawk came out there was problems. UT went and put lights in the feet to help make up for the problems. UT will listen and on top of that how many people have screamed for a blaster and galvatron? UT took it into their hands to give fans a character they want. Now I can't say if blaster or mania king is gonna knock my socks off but it goes to show that UT wants to be recognized and wants to make a name for themselves.

8. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Even if I have ares and feral rex ordered, I am still staunchly rooted at the UT side. I just love the proportions.

UT - Best combiner mode
    MMC - best individual bot modes
    TFC - Best beast modes.

UT can hang out in my CHUG display as they fit aesthetically there.
    MMC can hang out in my MP display, they scale nicely with my MP cars.
    TFC can hang out whomever they wish. Them beast modes be fierce!

9. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

great combined mode....how's the plastic quality?

10. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    IMO the plastic feels light, but it's deceiving cuz I have never been in fear of breaking anything. I'm sure others will chime in also.

11. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Man love that sword.

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've tried to convey it in my reviews but it's hard to quantify. When you first pick it up it *feels* cheap. It's just lighter than what we've come to expect from retail and some third party TFs. But I've actually played with these guys quite a bit and I've never found myself babying it because I was worried about breaking something. They're sturdier than their initial feel would suggest.

13. catan

catan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also for me. I play with them a lot and they are very sturdy. I have different feeling for each figure, for me, violence and savage bull feel in hand much better that war hawk and stronghead, but the difference is very minimal.

14. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

Thanks for the feedback

15. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

I am still very much on board with UT Predaking, but is anyone else having problems getting War Hawk's wings on and off. Granted, the one I bought was second hand and one of the tabs was busted on the left side, but I had a really tough time getting them off. I like to fiddle with my figures and i'm concerned there are gonna be issues when combining and uncombining. I do also want to echo my support for the plastic quality, it feels worse than it is, I love these guys. I also feel like the combined mode is the best proportioned too.

16. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Just an FYI... RK updated the release time on Razorclaw to late Nov./early Dec. Don't know why they'd even put late Nov. since it's already late Nov. and one would imagine they'd know if they were coming in in the next 2-3 days. However, this bodes well for shipping out soon.

17. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Mine come on and off easily, and I also have a broken tab on one. Mine are kind of loose though and the left side especially is a bit droopy now. Pick your poison I guess.

18. Skywarp_TPK

Skywarp_TPK Harbringer of the MegaDub

BBTS has Ironhead and Savagebull marked down to $65 if anyone was looking for them on the cheap side.

19. redguyver

redguyver Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I cant wait to get sharp claw to stick those bigger wings on divebomb lol

20. AmonDemon112

AmonDemon112 Demon General

News Credits:
    Damn! Just ordered War Rhino from acestoystore for $85 shipped a couple days ago! I could've gotten it for $72 shipped on eBay from Hong Kong but 1) would've taken a long time to get here & 2) I don't mind supporting a minor retailer from time to time. Oh well...