Unique Toys Ragnaros (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Tcmjuk87, May 4, 2017.

1. Starzie

Starzie Explosions Are Fun

Yup, I definitely make sure to be gentle with him, but he hasn't given me any trouble so far.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TylerB

TylerB We all know they're supposed to be chrome.

I'm trying to offload my complete set. My Kalecgos' ratchets are still in good shape.

3. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why? I love my set

4. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    If you are waiting for Assaltus I can't blame you! But I am going to keep both!

5. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

I got mine and never even combined them. They're just too good on the shelf in bot mode for me to even worry about it.

6. TylerB

TylerB We all know they're supposed to be chrome.

Just not feeling them after getting the arm bots.
    Oh God no, that set looks terrible
    That was my plan all along with this set and have Zeta's as Bruticus, but I dunno about these guys anymore.

7. Boombastik

Boombastik Well-Known Member

I'm having hard time with this or zeta.

Wish zeta onslaught was blue and army green and not that orangey brown color. Plus there swindle is a hummer not a jeep. I am beginning to think zeta looks better in combined.

This UT version isn't bad, it's got some issues (swindle faces forward when combined, possibly smaller head when combined, not sure how I feel about blast off)

Tough call

8. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    I am going to make it easy for you:

Alt-modes: most of them are equally good, maybe takeoff is "better" than UT Blastoff

Robot modes: (subjective) UT Combaticons look more MP than Zeta's who look like CHUG (simplistic, they don't even try to hide the "kibble" in robot mode)

Combined mode: both look good, Ragnaros head doesn't look small in person... Armageddon may look better but it's because he cheats a lot, he is a pantsformer, where almost all the parts that form the body of Armageddon are combiner-only pieces... Onslaught only becomes a backpack...

I think Assaltus might be the best Bruticus...

9. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

It's a shame both UT and MMC are too small.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Maybe... But I am in the camp of "combiner size = sum of their components" :D 

As long as their components are properly scaled I don't really care how tall the gestalt is going to be. To me 45 cm is good enough.

When you "artificially" try to make the combiner huge, you end up with horrendous bot modes, shells (XTB Menasor) or even worse... with tons of combiner kibble (all the pantsformers)!

• Like Like x 2
  11. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

I wasn't OK with parts forming until I got toyworld Devastator, he's just so much more stable than Gravity builder for example.

Problem is there isn't a correct way to do it, either the individual parts are all scaled wrong (Jeep and tank the same size) or you have the XTB Menasor issue and have shells and extra parts. You can't win.

.... Can't wait to see how these companies manage Defensor with his bicycle leg

• Like Like x 3
  12. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I think they will be a mix of sizes plus extra parts to bulk up Defensor. Car bot sized legs, seeker/Ironhide sized arms and mp10 sized Hotspot. Throw in a fire trailer and pants to sort proportions and hey presto! MP Defensor.

13. Boombastik

Boombastik Well-Known Member

Sorry, what does MP and Chug mean I'm a Newb to this. Thanks

I feel the same way. Proportions are key in Robot and combined mode for me

14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    You're gonna have to decide what's more important then. Combined mode Ragneros looks like a toddler with adult arms and legs but does have better individual modes. Zeta has the better proportioned combiner mode, is bigger and if Constructor is anything to go by will also be far more stable and poseable but the hit is the limbs are very blocky in individual mode. You can't have both unfortunately.

So bottom line. You aren't gonna combine much go UT. Gonna be combined most of the time go Zeta.

• Like Like x 2
  15. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

MP - Masterpiece
    CHUG - Classic / Henkei / Universe / Generations

• Like Like x 1
  16. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Yep. This.... Can't argue with this at all.

17. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Agree. I'm buying both sets as of right now- Zeta for Bruticus and UT for Individual bot/alt modes- I'll decide if I NEED Combaticons in individual AND combined modes later, lol.

18. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    I will have Armageddon, I already have the four limbs, but just as an oddity, I personally can't tolerate a lot of parts than do nothing in other modes...

GT is making Defensor too, check it out, Zeta has his "combiner formula", I doubt they will deviate from that. I don't know if Zeta's way of making combiners will end up boring or repetitive in the future... At least the limbs have different transformations.

19. Optional Prime

Optional Prime Cereal Killer

True.
    Also, if the ingenuity of an all-inclusive transformation is your thing, you might want to look into MMC's project.
    It all depends on what floats your boat best.

Me personally, I went for UT because I couldn't bring myself to like the Zeta individual bots, and felt the extra combiner torso was too much cheating (and I don't feel too strict about Bruticus's design anyway).
    That said, I happily accepted that UT also uses extra parts, just not to that extend...

MMC wasn't on my screen then. Now that MMC has shown two of their Combaticons, I still prefer the UT bots' look, but I am very much tempted, just because the "see, it can be done!" aspect thrills me no end.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

I think UT individual bots looks the best so far. My only concern is if UT doesn’t make anymore MP combiners and FT, DX9, Zeta, TW make there limb bots all the same height then these bots mode wouldn’t fit in with them. But a part of me doesn’t mind variation.

Zeta and MMC individual bots don’t seem MP to me. But Zeta combined mode is what I’m most excited for now. With MMC making onslaught taller than mp10, they are already falling short of “it can be done”. They had to sacrifice torso bot height to make a 16” combiner work.