Unique Toys Ragnaros (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Tcmjuk87, May 4, 2017.

1. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My choice is defensor. My favourite autobot combiner. Would be awesome to see UT do a version to stand against Ragnaros

2. Tiesemans

Tiesemans Well-Known Member

Those feet .. That B2 bomber cockpit chestplate ... Nah .. I\'ll stick to my almost compete Zeta Bruticus and after that call it quits with the MP sized combiners. 

3. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    .. is he wearing sneakers?

• Like Like x 1
  4. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Personally, I like UT\'s over Zeta because they look good in both modes.  Zeta\'s combined mode looks great, individual bot modes are chunky and not as accurate to toon/comic look.

Also, for me personally, Zeta already did the cool thigh design for both their Devi AND Superion.  With Bruticus, the look is starting to get stale.  I\'ll be doing UT for Brutes, Zeta/TW for Devi, and FT for Superion just to give each combiner some personality.

• Like Like x 1
  5. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

... hospital shoes

6. ProwlSpringer2020

ProwlSpringer2020 Cybertronian Knight

They are my favorite con combiners, but the Aerialbots are number one overall for me!

7. qemuel

qemuel It's a trick. Get an axe.

You have stated my exact planned and preferred combiner lineup and pretty darn accurately share most of my reasoning as well. Thirty points, Griffindore. Now get out of my head, it's dark and ugly and untidy in there!
    :buttrock :music 

8. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Soon with these last two my Decepticon shelf is complete. Until Buster, Hydra, and Dezarus that is lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. DragonKnight71

DragonKnight71 Well-Known Member

Bruticus is def one of my top favorite combiners, and as the combaticons probably my 2nd favorite after the constructicons. But they obviously have a bit more sentimental value because...1st combiner, you know.

I'ma bit moody & cranky, they have a lot of mandatory overtime at my factory lately, did 60 hours last week and doing another 60 (12 hr. shifts) this week. So, I don't mean to get on anyone's bad side, I shouldn't fuel the fire (I commented on someone's comment on Blast off last page or so). Ever see or hear something that just get's you at just the wrong moment when you're just in that mood.

They're not horrible, and I'll still get them most likely, just a bit disappointed, esp after Swindle & Brawl. When I saw Swindle, I mean I was willing to let go the fact the windshield is upside down because the rest was just too good looking. That same type of "holy cow, yeah, I'm getting him" excitement isn't there with these nearly as much.

• Like Like x 1
  10. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I think I’m better suited dealing with any possible disappointment bc far earlier I had already gone in w/UT’s Abominus set ... that’s when I first realized the general 3P trend, observed studiously by UT, of releasing the best gestalt limbs first, then short-changing the later releases in confidence ppl already $300+ committed would just plunk down another $100 and change ... chalk it up to the game ...

• Like Like x 1
  11. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Funny that almost all the Combaticon bots here have two guns and Onslaught doesn't have any!

12. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm sensing a lack of love for Raiden, the true best combiner of all time.

That name for Vortex though. "Rage Winterchill". Come on guys, this is getting silly now. It was bad enough when it was one-word WoW names - now you're doing full names? This feels like Unique Toys are just posting painful memes or something equally as cringeworthy.

Anyway, pre-order up for... Rage Winterchill... at ShowZ: [Pre-Order] Unique Toys UT M-05 Rage Winterchill Vortex

13. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Lol wut.

So better proportions, articulation and stability is stale. I think I've heard it all now.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Maybe it's just me, but those gorgeous combiner thighs will never get stale. I want MORE!
    I'm not even some kind of weird thigh pervert, I swear.

• Like Like x 1
  15. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think my favourite team is the combaticons. Stunticons and aerialbots always looked boring to me, because the limbs have the same alt mode and transformation. Constructicons are different machines but the color scheme is boring too (and it must be so, I wouldn't like constrfruiticons) but Devastator was the first and is cool as hell, so they would be a close one.

16. Jwwu

Jwwu Well-Known Member

Is it just me or are Blastoff and Vortex more kibbley and chunky (read: Zeta-like) than the prototypes shown previously?

• Like Like x 2
  17. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    Toon accuracy is a contradiction. I mean the guys making it couldn't even get it right! It has always done my head in the amount of significance given by some on these forums to toon accuracy when toon accuracy doesn't even exist!

• Like Like x 2
  18. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    They are! It’s like those bot modes don’t even go with the others. My main gripe is the shape of Blast off’s Forearms

• Like Like x 1
  19. Zawicki

Zawicki Well-Known Member

No offense but I cannot comprehend how it's "starting to get stale" when it's the 2nd combiner to use partsforming thighs. Superion isn't finished and won't be until after Bruticus or the same time. As much as I used to be against partsforming it really does seem to be the best fix to getting a large, poseable, MP combiner.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Out of no desire to be contentious but merely to disagree, I actually think they look great together. The Asian video where the last two are transformed into both bot and limb mode, at the end he poses them all together and fortunately they look like they belong to the same 'recipe'. UT had shown bot mode pics of the whole team months ago, but finally seeing them all together in their finished forms only affirms that they look great.

I also disagree that they look more like Zeta's bulkier and chunkier aesthetic. The alt modes demand that they look a certain way in bot (all of that stuff has to go somewhere), so if anything both companies used a similar formula to get there. For my money UT's effort looks sleeker, meaner and better than Zeta's even though (with no slight towards them) I see a place for both to exist in the fan-oh-sphere.

• Like Like x 2