Unique Toys Ragnaros (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Tcmjuk87, May 4, 2017.

1. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

These look very nice and I cant wait to finish off my bot versions of the Combaticans.......

3. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    BlastOffTF.jpg

Well, shoot, guess I'm not getting this after all. I don't know why they seem to be going for cartoon accuracy and then totally bomb on getting correct colors. The gray back half on shuttle mode is a bit disjarring and the red eyes kill it for me. Something that really stood out about the Combaticons in the cartoon was all the different and unusual eye colors. None of them had the standard red eyes, besides Vortex, but red fit him. Swindle had purple eyes, Onslaught yellow, Brawl orange, and Blast Off gray (I'd also accept purple since his visor ended up being mistaken for a cyclops eye at times). Why give Blast Off standard boring red eyes when they seem to have paid attention to all the other Combaticon's correct eye colors? Argh. I would have bought Blast Off otherwise but the red eyes make it truly look like a knock off, instead of a mostly cartoon accurate Blast Off.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remind me please. What breakage issues does this guy have?

5. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Retro Active TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I believe the two most common are the waist swivel and the combiner knee joints.

• Like Like x 1
  6. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    The color scheme makes zero sense using any major G1 reference. Will leave it at that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon

It's a shame when people don't like or support innovative ideas and stick with "simple designs" when a more elegant and impressive solution is at hand!...

My reasons for "collecting" are not the characters or nostalgia, but complex outstanding designs. I am an engineer and I see the beauty in the mechanisms, the materials and the creative thinking. Clearly for you and others the reasons are other...

If people like you had been behind projects like MP-36, MP-33 or even MP-41 the outcome would have been very different! But it leaves me puzzled because I see you as a designer and I admire your craft skills!

But I won't continue because I don't want this to become personal, because I think you are a good person. Let's agree to disagree!

8. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks. Fortunately I haven't experienced those issues on mine (yet?), but I appreciate the heads up.

9. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Arms yeah, I'll conceed that but Bruticus and Superion are spot on and just continue the trend for both arms and waist but let's not play the game that Constructor's ab extras don't count. That's just silly.

It is the shuttle roof section. You can see the same detailing and simplified windows. That in turn is connected to Blast Off's wings either side:

4733e2bagy1fqec0w3mf7j20mi0u0acf.jpg Bruticus-G1MT.jpg

It's not 100% accurate, I think the windows shouldn'tbe black but it all should be parts of Blast Off.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

Yes it is a shame when people don’t like innovative ideas. Like Constructor using pants to solve height, stability, and individual bot proportions problems. Prior to that there hasn’t been too much innovative ideas for combiners. It’s only been the same old simple design using the same chug blue print. Where the combiner thighs are from the large bot and they can’t handle the weight well. Engineering something to the point where it can’t fuction as it’s suppose to is not beauty or outstanding, it’s a failure. If I design a toastor to play music and detect smoke, but it can’t toast bread, it’s a failure.

I don’t think Constructor is the end all be all , as it has issues too, but is was a Elegant and impressive step forward towards solving the functional 20” combiner problem. I haven’t seen any other company have a solution at hand, but if ft, xtb, or dx9 come up with better ideas, Im all for it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. XIVOLVE

XIVOLVE Well-Known Member

Just transforming from robot to vehicle is enough for me :p  , I doubt I'll combine them, and the combined form of all these new gestalts are barely stable because of their size/weight, regardless of how articulated the shoulders can be.
    UT is as close as it is for right now, maybe someone will develop a better version down the road that will "float your boat."
    I'm starting to see how small Kalecgos is in combined mode, and that's UT to blame, not the people who like Ragnaros to be shamed.

Same here, Combaticons first, Bruticus second.

12. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

WTF happened to Blast Off? Oh please let this not be true. I really like Swindle and Brawl.

I still need to fix Onslaught and I was still totally on board, but seeing this deco is highly disappointing.

I might wind up with these as individual bots exclusively. :(  Not what I was hoping for.

They are also including a toy style chest plate, correct?

EDIT: We already have it, right? It came with Onslaught? Memory is fuzzy, Onslaught has been put away for awhile...

13. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon

That's not innovative... That's G1 engineering.. . Warbotron Bruticus was better in that regard. Constructor partsforming was a cost efficient solution nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    So you don't think giving a combiner extra stability, size, proportions with a new style of engineering never seen before is innovative? Yet copying the methods used since Hercules is?

You don't see the fact a 20" figure made up of 6 8" figures that weighs a significant amount yet can match mp36 Megatron in posability as a simple design? Your bias towards anti partsforming is clouding your view mate.

You can't compare Warbo Bruticus either. It lacks ab crunch, double jointed knees and high hip/thigh articulation. It may have planted a seed but it has one foot stuck firmly in the past.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

• Like Like x 1
  16. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus Not Very Well-Known Member

Blast Off's colors suck! Are they blind?
    And its Dumb to have the Shuttle cockpit be the combiner chest AND still be visible as the shoulder.

17. UltraMagnanimus

If you cant see the difference in these colors, then I cant help you.
    blastoff03-png[1].png

• Like Like x 2
  18. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon

Do you mean the purple?

• Like Like x 1
  19. UltraMagnanimus

Yes, and the dark brown and dark navy/blue also arent dark enough on the toy.
    And the windshield color is wrong.
    And the colors on the wings are wrong with that arbitrary black stripe.

I dont get it. Its not that hard to match colors these days in photoshop. The color mixer must have been drunk at the factory.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    And why the red eyes? No official Blast Off ever, either toy or cartoon (except G2 Blast Off, but that's very different color-wise all around), has ever had red eyes, so don't know why he has those here if they're trying to make it cartoon like.

• Like Like x 2