Unique Toys Ragnaros (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Tcmjuk87, May 4, 2017.

1. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  2. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know why but I hate the feet in combined mode.

3. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 12
  4. Bainreese

Bainreese Well-Known Member

Because you get people who see things wrong. Like this.

The rear of the shuttle is actually brown. The only grey is on the wings.

People see what they want to see. They have their preferences. Which is all well and good. Just don't continue to make exaggerated claims that aren't accurate. Blast Off was two tone in the tune. His shading varied in the tune so claiming one brown or purple is MORE accurate than another representation isn't accurate. Even the complaint that he combines in the wrong direction is tenuous as most of the time the toon doesn't really have the cockpit detail or slope of the nose detailed, but that isn't really worth arguing because there is occasions where it is detailed.

My point being, complete toon accuracy is a Unicorn. You'll never see it to the satisfaction of everyone. But to take attributes that are clearly displayed in the toon(the two tone and the shades of brown and purple) and say they aren't when very clearly they have been there is just silly.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 2
  5. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

You didn't need colored shots of Blast Off and Vortex to know that Zeta's was always going to be the best combined mode, so it's a little weird to me to see this large outpouring of shock and dismay and hopes being dashed. I get that neither option is 100% toon accurate, but that's a highly subjective and ephemeral concept anyway.

There is a very pronounced tendency for the perfect to be the enemy of the good, which is somewhat unfortunate. I certainly agree that partsforming is generally going to yield much more satisfying combined modes than trying to do it all-in-one, as UT has done. Anyone for whom combined mode is the highest priority really ought to have gone Zeta or saved their money for some future, unannounced release from a different company. I made the decision to go in on UT's set as bot mode was just as important to me as Bruticus; my guys will probably spend as much time as bots as they will combined (maybe more so). That ruled Zeta out, because their bot modes are simply The Worst. That decision necessarily entailed compromise; I knew I was getting an inferior combined mode, and I'll just have to live with it. I still think the UT combined mode is pretty good, just not as great as it could have been. UT Blast Off and Vortex however look great to me in bot mode, and what little quibbles I might have about a few things are far outweighed by all the things I find very satisfying in the design.

• Like Like x 2
  7. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    look pretty good but im not really looking for a bruticus, although i may go in on the ock max version if its super-dope. devastator is all the MP combiner i need :) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Yes blastoff was a two color scheme on his shutttle body with purple and brown. And yes the shades of those colors could vary from episode to episode based on colors available, background color, shading, lighting effects, bringing out details, etc. So one tint or tone of brown or purple at a time could be just as accurate as another. Everyone here probably understands that.

The problem is using multiple tints or tones of the colors at the same time, making it a 3-4 color scheme. Dark brown or a beige is fine but not used together. This is a 3D figure you don’t need lighting effects or to pull out bad drawing details from color.

OP has a color scheme of red and blue. And I’m sure varing tints or tones are red has been used for him. But mp 10 is not a bunch of tints of red.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

[looks at pictures again]
    [squints]
    I'm willing to say that next to the wings, the rear of the shuttle looks tan, but next to the front part of the shuttle, the rear of the shuttle looks gray.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I honestly feel TT will not top 3P combiners. That said this is very close to my ideal Bruticus and Combaticons. Still I would like to see how MMC turns out with their no parts forming team before I commit. Even if FT or XTB makes a set, I want another version for Alt/bot modes.

• Like Like x 2
  11. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I mean, through all the rancor and squabbles, we all do agree the Combaticons are the dopest combiner team in G1, right?? The individual bot modes, the alt modes, Bruticus, the renegade creation myth w/Starscream, the awesome vintage WWII prior alt modes (which would be a cool combiner out of left field) ... suffice to say I could buy multiple MP representations of these guys with utter disregard for credit card limits haha

• Like Like x 8
  12. Zawicki

Zawicki Well-Known Member

100% , I want this and Zetas cause I love the Combaticons

• Like Like x 3
  13. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oh, definitely.

14. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I’ve always liked the concept of a rivalry between the Stunticons and the Combaticons ... Devy aloof and secure in his precedence in the Decepticon hierarchy ...

15. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Thinking and doing the same.

16. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Fuck no! Stunticons all the way. Dem sexy supercars as a HUGE killing machine ftw

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bainreese

Bainreese Well-Known Member

I'm going to go with Predaking. Not the best individual bots, but definitely the coolest combiner.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Shempdog

Shempdog Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, I really like the aesthetic UT is going for. I prefer toon likeness and while it isn't 100%. (no toy is) It hits most of the right notes for me. Until I see something that I prefer more, this will be my Bruticus,

• Like Like x 1
  19. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

This is pretty much the synopsis of the entire matter ... but that would be boring so the Zeta ‘rivalry’ has been talked up to a degree, giving a greater sense of suspense to the endeavour ... for me at least, UT has no competition, but I ultimately look to FT to dislodge these guys from the gestalt throne and have them fall back into the “individual bot, combiner team” display option ... contrary to what I’ll do with Devy, where ToyWorld’s offering will remain my MP representation while FT takes over as the Constructicons in MP form ...

• Like Like x 1
  20. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I don't know if I will have patience to wait for flash sale, want BroodLord NEOW