Unique Toys Ragnaros (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Tcmjuk87, May 4, 2017.

1. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus The Unknown Member

Yes, and the dark brown and dark navy/blue also arent dark enough on the toy.
    And the windshield color is wrong.
    And the colors on the wings are wrong with that arbitrary black stripe.

I dont get it. Its not that hard to match colors these days in photoshop. The color mixer must have been drunk at the factory.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    And why the red eyes? No official Blast Off ever, either toy or cartoon (except G2 Blast Off, but that's very different color-wise all around), has ever had red eyes, so don't know why he has those here if they're trying to make it cartoon like.

• Like Like x 2
  3. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    I don't care. I love it. Good job UT

• Like Like x 6
  4. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The pink should be more of a purple color, and the feet should have rocket thrusters in some aspect of their design. Those are the biggest variances I see.

But I'm three deep in this set, so might as well complete it so the Combaticons are covered for the next few years until FT or Takara delivers something possibly better.

5. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Talking about accurate eye color when the picture has his forehead colored like an eye, while his eyes are the color of his face? That's hilarious. Which one is the KO again?

I thought this was the Blast Off with the optional display of thruster or regular feet.

DDVPxivXcAAv_Od.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, interesting. Both look kinda weird, lol. Would have expected a normal foot with a half-thruster arched over the top of it, sort of like that cartoon shot posted earlier.

7. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Obviously, like many a wise gent, Blast Off moved to a jrx such as CA or CO, where certain uhm ... laws and norms, have been revised to allow true freedom to flourish ...

• Like Like x 1
  8. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Sure hope it really releases in May, then will have 2 very important members added to my MP collection, FT Arcee and UT Blastoff.

9. Bainreese

Bainreese Well-Known Member

If you can’t read English I can’t help You.

I was replying to the people who were complaining Blast off having two tones of color was not toon accurate. But even so, anyone who takes a single image of a G1 character from the show to prove a point about color is showing just how little they know. These characters were never consistently colored in the show. The brown and purple the toy has right now matches some of the depictions in the show and doesn’t match others. If you prefer the colors in the image you copied, great. But to stand on those colors as the definitive representation of the character?

Whatever dude.

10. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    In the G1 cartoon, the animators made errors with Blast Off on several occasions, often confusing the visor on his forehead as his eye. So sometimes he had two eyes and sometimes he looked more like he had one cyclops eyes and really high cheek bones. XD But the colors remained fairly consistent... the "eyes"(cheeks) were gray and the visor ("cyclops eye") was that pink/purple color. In later versions of the toy and even comic, Blast Off has been depicted with either purple/almost pink, gray, or white eyes but never red (except the G2 Blast Off, the one with white and purple splotches). So had they put gray, purple, even pinkish (like his Combiner Wars toy), or white, it would have matched. However, there's not a trace of red on him and there never has been, so the red eyes look really weird on him.

I'm someone who really pays attention to/cares about the face/head of a character. It's a large part (not all, but a good sized part) of what *makes* the character to me. I've seen some 3rd party companies give Swindle red eyes, too, and that just makes my own eyes hurt to look at. :D  So seeing the lack of effort going into color accuracy, especially a team that had such iconic *unusual* eye colors, just makes it look like it wasn't very thought out, to me. And as I understand it, they were going for cartoon accuracy, which is why that lack of attention to detail on an important element is disappointing to me. They got so close and it would've been so easy to get it right.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    May is it? I need these NOW

• Like Like x 1
  12. DragonKnight71

DragonKnight71 Well-Known Member

Not to fuel the flame but, inconsistent or not, he's most known for the look that's been shown here by people, as UT should also realize and if sticking w/ cartoon look that's most common, should go by. I'm pretty sure that's how he looked in the comic too ususally, in fact that image on the last page is him in the back section of 1 of the comics (sometimes they had character profiles & pics in the back if I remember, haven't looked at them in a long time).

If it was so inconsistent then why are so many disappointed.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

I think most people would agree that according to the cartoon, the shuttle body is PURPLE with multiple shades of BROWN. The problem is that the rear part of this shuttle body is actually GRAY. (Unless this guy is the 3P equivalent of that color-changing dress from a while back that no one can agree on....)

• Like Like x 2
  14. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So this guy is toon accurate while the Zeta one is toy accurate?

15. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Yeah,

UT its for sure targeted at some points for toon Swindle and Brawl but the other members is mixed with stylized designs.

Zeta is toy influence with all members.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  17. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This guy is more toon accurate, sure, but I could point out plenty of differences.

And Zeta is more toy accurate, but still pretty off, especially the alt modes. Vortex isn't supposed to turn into Blackout.

• Like Like x 5
  18. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    It's not 100% toon accurate no but it'smore than Zeta. Combined mode is like 50/50, kinda jarring imo and frustrating that they could have nailed it if they'd gone balls deep into true MP combiners. White/grey combiner thighs/hips/abs and it would have looked incredible.

As it is it's like a child version of the toy that's found its dad's cartoon cosplay suit but can't fit into the pants.