Unique Toys Ragnaros (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Tcmjuk87, May 4, 2017.

1. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

Who of the people who have broken ratchets have opened the joints to see what happened inside?

2. BrutiKing

BrutiKing I is a Bruticus fan

One day. I flipped him back and forth 5 times. 2 bot mode, 1 vehicle mode, 2 combined mode.
    Yup, I couldn’t see anything wrong, but I don’t know what a fixed/normal one looks like.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter TFW2005 Supporter

The right hip has gone rather soft on mine after 3 transformations and some very light play, not opened him up yet tho to see what the issue/damage is yet. Left one seems to be fine so far.

• Like Like x 1
  4. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farms remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I asked TCP about this and they said they've had several reports of it, especially the waist. And the waist ratchet on theirs broke. So it's not just the heavy-handed people breaking things, it's actually a defect. Hopefully UT will provide stronger replacement parts.

• Like Like x 5
  5. kamifushou

kamifushou Well-Known Member

My waist sporadically ratchets at certain points. My hips have stayed fine after at least 5 changes.
    I also painted the combiner eyes. Makes him look less dead

7336ECC1-B876-4CAC-B6D7-E047383025CF.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  6. BIOMEC

In your case it seems that the gear lost some teeth!

• Like Like x 3
  7. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Getting a better look at all of these guys I gotta say, I’m a lucky one. No problems and they all seem solid. We’ll see after some transformations when I have some free time. Might as well put em in the cabinet now then lol. I love the rubbery feel of the thighs on these guys and the reviewers who said that onslaught doesn’t fit with the other two is crazy. They all have details i dunno, I’m over the moon with the look of these guys. Best thing I ever did was sell CW Devy and Chigurh to get these guys. Well maybe not the best thing ever but who can argue that it was an upgrade to the mp shelf?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Sadly mine has done the same at the waist...

9. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry just wanted to make sure to contribute for the sake of ensuring we get a fix and or remain consistent with issues.

After several clicks, the waist on my Kalecgos no longer clicks, though I don't see this as an issue as of now until, as others have stated, we get the arms attached and see how the added weight ultimately impacts.

The hips and thighs after a few transformations are still holding, and clicking. Though, based on what I'm reading from others, I'm just expecting that eventually these will give. If a fix presents itself on the next two bots, I will absolutely implement it.

Let's get this fixed so we can all enjoy this to the fullest!

Overall, it it wasn't for these issues I'm very satisfied with this project thus far!

Edit: oh yeah....add me to the list of Onslaught gun please! ;) 

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BrutiKing

BrutiKing I is a Bruticus fan

I kinda just want to buy an new Onslaught now that I have calmed down. I won’t really touch it unless it gets a fix. I’ll have one to play with and one to display.

11. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

Patience my friend. Unless it's truly something you planned (having such a display and play option) or the disposable income to afford it, I wouldn't make the impulse buy until we at least see if a fix is provided or not.

This is an expensive hobby, with new options available every other quarter or so. You never know what you could have spent that money on instead so let's wait this out a bit since the last two figures still haven't dropped yet. ;) 

You can always have an alt mode display until everything is released and then decide what to do from there. That's what I did with TFM Havok figures before the shin fix for combined mode was provided with the last figure release.

Disclaimer: it's my opinion that the Transformission figures have perhaps the best alt mode display of any combiner set to date. So that made a wait for a fix much less painful.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  12. BIOMEC

Maybe some lube will keep the ratchets from grinding themselves...

13. Ultra Magnus Combiner

Ultra Magnus Combiner Well-Known Member

The thing I like best about the UT version of Bruticus is the Cartoon style chest plate sketch I saw in a video. However, I haven't heard anyone talk about it in any of the 3 figures released yet. The only thing they show is how the toy chest plate can transform which is a total waste of time it. Has anyone got the cartoon version of the chest plate in any of the UT toy releases yet? Is there any chance the Zeta Bruticus will come out with the same cartoon chest plate option which other than parts forming vs. not, and scale is one of the a main differences?

I ask since I like the idea of UT Bruticus, Jinbao OS GT Devy, and XTB Menasor and think it would make for an awesome line up of Decepticon Combiners.
    I like that 18 inch scale since I have a lot of OS CW figures & CW figures with upgrade kits which make up a good portion of my collection since I love Combiners. But that TW Devy and OS CW don't fit together since TW is more of a MP only scale. Btw, anyone know how tall Fanstoys Superion is suppose to be? Zeta is around 20 inches?

14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    At least as big as Zeta, maybe even bigger.

15. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

No, UT Onslaught does not come with pieces of UT Blast Off. That would be silly.

At a guess, UT Blast Off includes the wings and cockpit cover of Blast Off which form the cartoon-style Bruticus chest plate.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    DC01505E-5055-427C-A8D0-51BCF0094DDC.jpeg

Got mine...waist clicked about 8 times and is now a friction joint . Otherwise he seems okay although the lack of gun and the weirdness of the arms is disappointing. He also has trouble holding weapons since his forearms are so thick. I haven’t Transformed him yet but in between his waist immediately breaking and my Brawl losing a leg, I have to say I do not recommend this set. I already know for sure it’s a placeholder for an eventual better Bruticus...

Edit: also the plastic tray inside the box was crumbled and ruined...figure is fine except you guessed it...scratch on the chest plate...probably removable with a bit of rubbing alcohol...

• Like Like x 3
  17. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    4506EDBB-8A75-477C-9A62-0F5620D0FD07.jpeg Who’s idea was it to have the screw that holds the turret in place screw through the plastic of the turret itself??? I had to loosen the screw so that it slid properly and looked over to see this! WTF!! Needless to say that people will be losing tank turrets

• Like Like x 4
  18. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    I know right? I couldn’t believe that it was designed that way...

• Like Like x 1
  19. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I can’t believe that reviewers always skip this kind of shit

• Like Like x 2
  20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    What....the....eff?!?