Unique Toys Ragnaros (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Tcmjuk87, May 4, 2017.

1. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Definitely that cheap felt like stuff. Not foam or rubber.

20171003_093446~2.jpg

2. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I didn't bother with this stuff either, it definitely doesn't seem non-skid at all. If anything it seems like it might make the feet even more slippery on something like a glass shelf. I'll just make my own out of rubber.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

Watched the video. Not concerned by anything I saw. I would be surprised if many combiners could hold the kind of stance under discussion without any sliding. There have been plenty who can't even pull off such a stance to begin with. Not saying that there won't be issues or concerns about the hips, and probably more likely the friction based ankles on the combiner foot, but the video gives me no reason to think the sky is falling. But it does support the notion that partsforming hips are really the way to go for combiners in the interests of strength and stability, and arguably aesthetics. I still think the combined mode is shaping up to be much better aesthetically than I thought at first, and so far have no cause to second-guess my decision to skip Zeta's offering and go in on this set.

• Like Like x 3
  4. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon

-- O --

Ordin has them too... The problem with UT Abominus are the ratchets for the forward and backward movement everything else is fine!

The rear wheels on the calves don't seem to lock anywhere... Too bad.

I don't understand chinese but they suggested that parts of the grey chest piece can be used as the skirt pieces I was talking about... I am right?

5. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

He is not floppy but the range of movement on his hips and knees is limited.This is why i prefer the TW's partsforming hips.Il take double jointed knees,ab crunch and full range of motion on his hips any day

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Kettlecorn

Kettlecorn New Member

Hmm, the main problem seems to be with the ankles being loose which is something a lot of reviewers of the first two bots seemed worried about. Anyone have ideas for potential fixes? I'm really digging this set from an aesthetic standpoint so far, both combined and as individual bots, so I'll probably still go all in even if I just keep them separate

7. Zawicki

Zawicki Well-Known Member

The reason I'd worry from that video is; how will he hold up with the weight of the arms too?

8. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon

Maybe UT could offer an upgrade?

9. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon

I prefer them too, but only if they transform and are integrated somehow.

10. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm all in for UT too but I saw ZT combined mode again today and it looks sooo good (Bit of arm kibble though).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

It does look good, but with all the really wonderful stuff hitting around the same time, I had to make a choice between them and I went UT. Not regretting it so far. I do hope to pick up the Zeta Combaticons in the future if finances allow and they're still available, just for the sake of that combined mode. But the Combaticons are a team that I'm likely to display individually as much as combined, and Zeta just won't do for that because of the ugly bot modes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

A combiner that is all things to all people is a tricky thing for any toy designer to come up with. But this guy looks pretty close to me. I personally hold more emphasis on what the individual bots look like. A decent looking combined mode is a bonus and Bruticus looks pretty good as far as that is concerned.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  13. Deaths Thread

Deaths Thread Well-Known Member

I have ordered these guys (Archimonde, Gahz'ranka) from TFexpress. Received an email from them explaining that their shipment was stuck in customs. That was two weeks ago!!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  14. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    tfs-express have onslaught/kalecgo up for pre order for £85.59 (reduced from 94.99) and a due date of October 2017.

15. Deaths Thread

Oooh! Thank you. Didn't know. That is a good price for something of his size.

16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I was kind of off on this and the Zeta version but TigerBlade pulled me back in. I really like the UT limbs and with his adapters, I can now choose which Onslaught. I like the idea of using the Zeta Onslaught and hips if it is good but with his extensions, I like the UT Kalecgo. I might buy both and prefer Kalecgo at the moment but it may come down stability which oddly to say may be Zeta. I am interested to see how the MMC version works out but I have a suspicious feeling, like Hades, that is a bridge too far.

17. Deaths Thread

This stuff is a nightmare! Zeta definitely have the better Onslaught and if I'm honest a better combined mode. But man, the kibble on Zeta Toys individual forms is what pushed me towards Ragnaros.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon

MMC too?

19. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin TFW2005 Supporter

If anyone in the US is interested in Swindle and Brawl, I'm selling the pair for $130 shipped (complete, excellent condition).

20. BrutiKing

BrutiKing I is a Bruticus fan

That was quick. Too bad I'm in Canada, or I would totally buy that.