Unique Toys - AOE/TLK Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BLNadal, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Leave magnus to me..

TC's pics takes priority over a release date right now

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Well, that's just Prime...Oh yeees

That's actually screen accurate. The part in AOE where Lockdown starts making it rain on them in China, as they're all running away you can see a trailer falling down their way, but Optimus turns around and pushes it away. In that scene, you can actually see that he has the sword sheathed on the shield. I think that right after that they show it again, but it could've been a little later.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  3. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Before I put the pics up (I am still in the midst of taking as UT wants me to pass it back by tomorrow), here are my thoughts.

Having owned El Cid before, I can safely say that Challenger is like a different league compared to El Cid.

First thing you will notice (for those who have owned and handled El Cid), is how SOLID he feels. While El Cid looked great and play the part, Challenger does it better. Heaps better. No, scratch that – infinitely better.

The transformation was painless and every intuitive and you don’t have that fear of breaking anything. Everything tabs into place without any struggling. And I like how the side collars were formed from the top of the cab of the truck mode. The leg transformation was a straight up easy affair and surprisingly you don’t even need the instructions to transform it.

The upper body took a slight finagling to coax the front windows to tuck into the chest cavity. It is a brilliant move to fill up his innards and the back, oh yes, the back.

The back just looked awesome with little kibble. The side profile of the figure is SO streamlined that he looked like he walked out of the CG render. I thought that El Cid did a good job compressing the back, but Challenger did it better.

The only nitpick I have for the bot mode are the fingers…yes, I hope UT paint them silver else it feels abit out of place with all the silver going on the rest of the body.

As for the truck mode, I am indifferent and it is not a priority for me, but it is very serviceable.

Overall, this is how I rate Challenger – solid, well built. Articulation while not very revoltech crazy but it has all it needs to get the job done and replicate all those famous movie poses. You will NOT be disappointed.

Compared to El Cid, and I am saying this in the nicest way possible – Alien Attack, your figure looks good and poses well, but the QC and build materials leave a lot to be desired. The transformation was a chore and I don’t appreciate bits and parts falling off when I am transforming my figure. It is like buying a car but having the alternator, carburetor and other parts falling off as I am driving it. If these issues were absent, it could have made Challenger a run for its money but, ever so barely.

UT, bravo for another solid release after Perukill. It is a fun figure to fiddle with and it is near DMK likeness if I may say so myself.

But in the end, here is my assessment – Challenger rates at 8/10 and El Cid rates at 4/10

I was VERY tempted to give a way lower score for El Cid based on my frustration and disdain for it. But I know the boss of AA is watching the boards and I want to be as objective as possible.

• Like Like x 27
  4. Lockon Prime

Thank you for the review, I'm waaay more excited to get it now!! Looking forward to the pics!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Thank. GOD.

I wasn't that worried but now I am confident that I will be happy with this figure. Just curious, aside from the unpainted fingers, which I think most of us can remedy on our own, what would have made it a 10/10 for you? You praised it highly in your review so I was surprised that you only landed on 8/10.

• Like Like x 5
  6. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

I want to know too. In America, it's either 1/10 or 10/10. Our minds just can't handle the numbers in between.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    To me there no such thing as a perfect toy. what stopped me from going 10/10 was nitpicks. I would have preferred double jointed knees, some ratchets on the hips and elbows and maybe swappable faces without have to remove it, more like integrated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 35
  8. Unicron the Chaos Bringer

Unicron the Chaos Bringer Harbinger of death

News Credits:
    Nice pics as always, but imo swappable faces on tfs have been a thing that I've always wanted considering how so many other lines do it and I'm glad to see a company finally tap into untapped potential. It has been nice to hear your thoughts on the figure and I hope for more in hand pics from others soon

• Like Like x 1
  9. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    wow, he looks quite a bit taller than mpm4. Of you get three chance I'd love to see pics of vehicle mode comparisons...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup.

Screenshot_20180712-104808_YouTube.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  11. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 18
  12. Lockon Prime

Damn, he looks amazing!! Can you upload a pic with the blue led's pls?

13. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    I don't have the batteries at hand.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:

Well, barring QC, this is exactly what I wanted. I feel similar to how you feel about El CID. Looks great, but a bit too fiddly.

Been awhile since I've been this excited for a toy. Here's to hoping he drops soon, and they give us a Megatron next.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lockon Prime

No worries, I'm sure we'll get him in hand soon, so I'll get to see them soon enough in person :) . Do you by any chance know what size batteries he'll need?

16. tonysandlin

tonysandlin Well-Known Member

Personally, I hope we get Galvatron because I love that alt mode. I think Rendsora is a good stand in for TLK Megatron while we get the rest of the AOE and TLK designs.

• Like Like x 2
  17. tonysandlin

tonysandlin Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, if love to see them try Dreadbot next. I think it could be relatively easy to rework it into Berserker, Crankcase, and Crowbar and the latter two are some of the only 1st trilogy designs that probably require the kind of inside out transformations that UT is so good at.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thank god.

• Like Like x 3
  19. meisterman

meisterman that guy

Turns out we’re all right. He had the shield stored over the sword in TLK.
    0A5A94FD-5F87-49F3-8DAE-429CDC45A2FC.png

• Like Like x 6
  20. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ooooooof course he did

• Like Like x 2