Unified Petition to keep Transformers Animated running

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Dormamu, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I think especially after what we've seen from two seasons and today's Season 3 episode, there is a lot of sentiment from people who love the series to keep it running past the third season even though it has been validated that this is the last season.

The episode shown today was three episodes from Season 3, not just one, as also confirmed in prior news postings. So we're that much closer to the end.

I know there are probably plans once ROTF comes out and Animated isn't part of those plans, but I love this series, and I think for those who share that feeling, we should try to start a Unified Petition to keep this series running. I'm talking not just TFW, but Allspark.com, Cybertron.CA, TFormers.com, Seibertron, Transformerfans.com, even the collectors club.

It shouldn't be on TFW2005, but maybe if someone has the skills to put together a petition, I think it would be a show of fan appreciation and a sign to Cartoon Network/Viacom and Hasbro to keep producing this show, and a sign of what fans of cartoons want.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just attack Hasbro reps with TFA toys at Botcon.

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Whatever it takes.

I can understand Animated going back to "core size levels" for the remainder of 2009, that makes sense. Cancelling it? Nope.

I'm not sure who to take this to, though. Hasbro? Cartoon Network? Wal-Mart? I can't petition the right people if Hasbro won't come out and say WHO is responsible for canning Animated.

4. Brundok

Brundok Transforming Tauren, Moo!

I dont know how to do it, BUT i'm in Full support of this. I mean hey, it was an internet petition that brought Family Guy back, so it seems the execs listen to the people some of the time.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  5. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

i forgot hasbro's email but im going to find out WHO cancelled animated by email.
    now, what's their email again? the transformers one?

6. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    We still don't really even know Hasbro's plans for Animated. Only some speculation based on some vague rumors.
    Trying to form a petition is jumping the gun a bit.

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You make it I'll sign it.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    BotCon is your tool, people. Hold a demo in front of the Hasbro reps. I'm dead serious.

9. decepticonjon

decepticonjon japness for balls

a petition? good luck with all that. :rolleyes: 

10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    If it's confirmed that it's cancelled at Botcon, I guar-an-TEE you they'll hear something from me.

No offense, but that's exactly the wrong attitude to take. If Animated is going to continue via fan support, it'll take more than you taking two seconds to sign an online petition. Written letters, at least. Take the initiative, don't wait for others to do the work for you.

A MASSIVE written petition, perhaps presented at Botcon, may have a chance, however remote, of working. One of those online petitions, though, yeah, I agree with you.

11. gunman_sr5

gunman_sr5 Energon Station Comander

News Credits:
    There is no way it can end like this. Animated must continue. I am sure Hasbro has some other property they can cut to continue funding for TFA. If its CN they should give it a time slot where people could actually watch it. Walmart and retailers should figure out a way to not over stock figures that have already sold to everyone in the general populous in order to put new product on the shelf that will sell.

12. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Oh for the love of-

NO. A petition can't work. Especially if it's an INTERNET PETITION. THOSE NEVER WORK.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest when I read the title of this thread. Now that THAT'S out of the way, I'll speak normally:

Wait 'til Botcon, then hit 'em with rocks if they say Animated ends. There ya go.

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

14. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Online petitions don't work. It's a waste of time. Why do I feel like I'm repeating myself?

15. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Why do people even think online petitions would work in the first place?
    It seems like they'd be extremely easy to forge.

16. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    They are. It's the primary reason why most businesses ignore online petitions. That and "HASBRO SUX" is hardly a valid signature.

17. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Okay, fair enough, online petitions don't work. I was looking at it as a way to get a lot of people to put their two cents in and it to come from ALL the fandom, not just TFW2005. Sorry for trying to think of an idea.

Nachtsider, BeastBot X, I really like your ideas of taking it to the reps at BotCon. Unfortunately, I'm not able to go. What's your best suggestions of getting that going?

I don't think that it's a facepalm kind of idea, that's why I asked for ideas. And I don't remember seeing 'Hasbro Sux' on anyone's sig. This is about providing creative ideas for a show we'd like to keep going at least for one more season.

18. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I've gone back and made a quick editing change to the start so it's not confused as being a bad idea.

19. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

I agree that a massive letter writing campaign is in order. I also submit that folks attending Botcon this year that enjoy Animated need to corner the Hasbro reps whenever possible and get a solid answer out of them. They say they listen to the fans, they say they want to please as many people as possible, then they go and consistently screw up with Animated. They need to know that their successes dont simply mean that people will look the other way when they fail, and that people will be there to magnify their errors just as much. If we dont do that, then we're not doing ourselves any favors.

20. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. Is. Priceless!

Oh and I'm beginning to agree that it's a little pointless.

jD001