Unicron's 3rd Labor in Ghost in the Machine

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by UltraMagnus3786, May 14, 2010.

1. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

In season 3's Ghost in the Machine, Starscream must complete 3 labors for Unicron in return for getting a physical body back. Starscream performs the first two, but the third requires that he connect Unicron's head to Cybertron so he can devour worlds as he did in the past. A Starscream possessed Trypticon glitches out, and Unicron grants Starscream his body to perform the third labor. Of course, Starscream double crosses him just as the explosives Magnus planted go off, knocking Unicron's head back into orbit and sending Starscream tumbling through space.

I've always wondered though what might've happened if Starscream made the connection. I always thought that Unicron was crazed and irrational, and only thought he could somehow retroactively integrate himself into Cybertron, transforming it into his body. The speech he gives before the third labor where the screen focused on his head was awkwardly creepy and got me thinking the poor chap was delusional. Therefore in my head, the plan wouldn't have worked. However, I wouldn't put it past 80's cartoon writing to have Unicron successfully integrate himself and transform Cybertron.

Does anyone feel like the plan might've worked had Starscream made the connection, or rather that Unicron had gone crazy without a body for so long and irrationally thought the plan would work? Which would you have rather seen at that point in the series?

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well, its G1 so i'm sure the autobots could have just hit the "Detach head button".

3. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

And in Japan they could have just yelled "Head Off!"

4. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I dont see why Unicrons plan wouldnt have worked.

He reformatted the bodies of 6 dead and dieing Decepticons into some of the most powerful warriors.

He gave Starscream a new body from absulutly nothing.

Seems to me it was within his power to reshape Cybertron into what ever he wanted.

It may have taken some time thou.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    He actually started to pull it off when he tried a similar stunt in Beast Wars Neo so yeah, it would probably have worked.

That said Perceptor would probably have figured out a way to eject him into space, or Ultra Magnus' bombs would have still done the job, or Rodimus would have managed to use the Matrix to just purge the Unicron infection from Cybertron.

Something would have come up to save the day.

6. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

if you allow as the cybertron series went with that primus was cybertron...he might have started to reform cybertron...but primus would have awoke/ then the fight would be on...if you go with cybertron was cybertron and nothing more...sure unicron would have made cybertron his new body/war chariot...

7. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

If Unicron can make new bodies for the others, why would he need to use Cybertron to make one? Why couldnt he just magically conjour up one for himselfe?

8. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Because of the Unicron Singularity!

9. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Curse you, you beat me to the punch. Getting back on track though, I think he could have done it. They could have had a few episodes where the intagration takes time and the Autobots have to detact the head before he becomes whole. Would have made for a great couple of episodes. Also, What happened to Starscream? Surely a few explosions did not do him in? He should have been written back in and maybe some dialoge with Unicron about the double cross.

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

To big a job?:drunk 

11. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't Starscream get flung out in to space, in a "he's just not coming back for a looonnnggg time" way?

12. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    No, he got killed again by Galvatron :( 

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I actually think thats debatable.

14. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, he isn't dead because for whatever reason, you can't extinguish his spark. Remember, he shows up again in the Beast Wars episode possession.

Galvatron trashed his new body however

15. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

doubtful highly doubtful

most likely galvatron did some damage to starscreams new body shorting out some bit of circuitrey here and there denting some armor warping some metal that kind of stuff

as he told scourge though galvatron and his fellow decepticons were low on power due to their having used the better part of it tryingto fight off trypticon when starscream posessed him and took him to unicron

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Where Cybertron sprouted pincers?

Yeah, I just assume his bio-mechnical insides or whatever powers them would physically reshape Cybertron.

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    He'd send his Battle Beast immune system to reformat the planet :lol 

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

True
    And I think thats debatable too.