Customs: Unicron9 Custom Workshop

Discussion in 'Commissioner Listing and Feedback' started by Unicron9, Apr 17, 2011.

1. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I had the pleasure of commissioning TJ to do some work for me. This guy is very talented, no doubt at all.

He fixed a couple of PE RCs for me. Patched up the broken wrists and elbows and now they are just as good, if not better than when I purchased them.

Next I asked him to turn PE Rewinder and Ejector into target master versions of Topspin and TwinTwist. He needed to sculpt some custom parts for tank treads and wings, which he made from scratch. And to help further differentiate them, he threw in a pair of drills for TwinTwist that I didn't even ask for. And then topped them both off with paint jobs.

He also finished off a custom project that required some creative problem solving and a lot of extra work and he really took it all in stride, along with my nitpicking. He nailed the vision I had in my head and added the finishing touches that the figure was lacking.

Now he did all of these with tremendous quickness and worked late into the night to shorten the turnaround as much as possible. Very fair with pricing and really went far and beyond my expectations. But I think the thing that stood out to me most was how easy he was to deal with. Extremely pleasant to interact with and very receptive to ideas. Quick to respond and lots of updates and pics throughout the entire process. He truly is top notch.

I can't thank him enough and am very much looking forward to working with him again in the future.

2. iamtfc

iamtfc Well-Known Member

Commissioned a Rack'n'Ruin a while back. He made it out of two Titan Returns Hardhead figures. Always gave steady updates, had suggestions to make things work, wanted to make sure I got what I wanted. Thanks for helping to complete my classic Wreckers shelf!

wreckers001.jpg

3. Clericodie

Clericodie Member

Anyone know if he'll be taking commissions again anytime soon?

4. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Everything you need to know is in the OP of this thread.

5. Clericodie

Clericodie Member

Just got my custom Silverbolt made from Beast Hunters Grimwing! He's by far the coolest figure in my collection now. TJ did an amazing job. I had originally provided a color guide, but I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted and so I let TJ do it his way and that was absolutely the right choice. The modified wings, the new heads, the colors, all came out awesome. It was an amazing experience. Definitely recommend him for anyone looking to get an amazing custom figure!

• Like Like x 4
  6. ThomasJS

ThomasJS Active Member

Just got my custom Chromia colored Windblade. It's even better looking in person and I highly recommend TJ for your custom and repaint jobs. He does excellent work.

• Like Like x 2
  7. cwgall

cwgall Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    This is my second commission from Unicron 9...I had messed up the arms while painting the hands on Power of the Primes Optimus. He matched the the color of the arms and painted the arrows for me...He truly is an artist and is very fair priced, and extremely fast.

Thanks again TJ.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheSledgeHammer

TheSledgeHammer Voyager Class

Just got back part 1 of a 3 part commission, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Unicron9 did a fantastic job with turning a Combiner Wars Prowl into a Combiner Wars version of Bluestreak and I look forward to how parts 2 and 3 will turn out as well! Unicron9 gets my highest recommendations! (included images also feature custom Shapeways parts designed by myself)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. TheAce326

TheAce326 Well-Known Member

Just got a pair of customs done by TJ and they look fantastic. Excuse the crappy cell phone pictures.

The first was PotP Cloudburst repainted into a PotP Grand Shell to go with my Takara Grand Maximus. Really completes the set!

grand.jpg

The second was a paintjob for my Shapeways Knock Out parts. He did an awesome job matching the paint so that these parts go with the original Arms Micron Knock Out figure.

knockout.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheSledgeHammer

TheSledgeHammer Voyager Class

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Parts 2 & 3 of my three part commission (including the above posted Bluestreak).
    No better word describes Unicron9 than "Professional". His comission prices are reasonable, and he provides you with status updates, both in email text or with pictures when necessary/possible, every step of the way as he works on your commission. And ON TOP of that, will often ask for feedback on stuff he has done to make sure you are happy with his current work.
    I couldn't be more satisfied with the three figures Unicron9 customized for me, and going forward Unicron9 will be the first person I go to for figure customs whenever I get more crazy ideas such as these so long as he is accepting commissions whenever those times may be. Thanks for always being so easy to work with and keep making awesome customs for people just like these guys! - TheSledgeHammer
    (bonus pictures included below for funzies and just to show these 3 B-Bots + a previous commissioned Ratchet still work as combiner limbs using the new POTP Inferno as a torso)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4