Customs: Unicron9 Custom Workshop

Discussion in 'Commissioner Listing and Feedback' started by Unicron9, Apr 17, 2011.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got my obsidian from hftd tomahawk in from him and it looks amazing, he and strika are together again at last. Would upload pics but im on my phone. Bottom line, unicron9 is awesome

2. Sa173533

Sa173533 Well-Known Member

Hmm... Not sure if bumping this is a good idea or not, but from what I saw, this guy knows his stuff! He needs to keep it up!

3. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

YouTube:
    The pictures speak for themselves. TJ has skill. Thanks so much.

4. Yesss

Yesss Leader of the Predacons

TJ has helped me with tons of custom jobs for transformers and other toys/figures, excellent attention to detail, couldn't recommend him enough.

5. KingNotBozo88

KingNotBozo88 Not-Grimlock

Just wanted to drop in and thank TJ for the absolutely -amazing- work he's done for me this year. First was a brand new take on his Sky Lynx from Prime Soundwave and Generations Darkmount, which I'm certain I nearly drove him insane on with all my nitpicking!

When I got this absolutely fantastic take on one of my favourite characters, I knew I'd found someone I could work with on my fan-made characters. I got the first three (out of quite a few) this week and let me tell you, they are -EXACTLY- what I wanted. TJ is a master customiser and a brilliant person to work with. Even with some of my crazier requests, he rose to the challenge and it turned out perfectly. I've already got six more commissions lined up with him, and more to come!

For the sheer quality of work TJ puts into every piece, not to mention his imaginative additions and ability to turn complete ramble into gorgeous works of art, he's worth every cent (and greatly under charges, jump in now before he realises his mistake!). I've added photos of Sky Lynx in all modes, including the combined mode I insisted on and TJ pulled through with, and the fan characters (left to right in robot mode Arcade from DotM Roadbuster, Wildfire from AoE Bumblebee, and Velocity from AoE Crosshairs if anyone cares, haha) as well as the little action scene picture I sent TJ after I'd done marveling at his handywork. You can even see the customisation to Roadbuster's pods that TJ managed to interpret from my 'make them look like recording gear a journalist would use'.

And my textbooks. I'm a university student, not a sociopath, I swear!

Once again, I cannot recommend Unicron-9's Workshop enough. Incredibly skilled, amazing attention to detail, friendly, polite, professional and great to work with!

Attached Files:

6. Error

Error Chopper Face

Once again, thanking TJ for the EXCELLENT work he's done for me this year. I think I've ordered one every few months. First was a brand new take on classic characters, Human Arcee and Soundwave, made from the huge Play Arts figures!

[​IMG]

Full galleries here:

Soundwave

Arcee

TJ is a thorough artist and a patient person to work with. You get progress pics, meticulous insight, and a speedy workload. Got all of these guys posed up on my shelf!

Next were my OC customs, Blindside in Beast and Cybertronian forms.

Beast Wars

Cybertronian

There's way too many photos of these customs to post here, but rest assured, they are gorgeous works of art. He excels at Beast Wars and realistic details, but always continues to strive for different styles. He managed to turn a Tasmanian devil into a chameleon, and a cycle fem-bot into a sleek manly Decepticon.

My newest customs: Beast Wars OC Prism and Prime-verse Underbite!

Prism

Underbite

Created from Animated and Prime figures. Aptly skilled, fascinating attention to detail, always a pleasure, open-minded, honorable and always fun to work with! I cannot think of any other professional in this industry I'd rather work with.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. The13Primes

The13Primes Jaxius._

News Credits:
    I have seen these amazing things on these forums and they still amaze me

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Guys, please reserve posting for legitimate transaction feedback. If you simply want to comment on an artist's work, journey back to the Customs and/or Fan Art forums to do so, thanks.

9. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I got him to do a Green Ramulus for me. And the whole ordeal was fantastic. He kept communication and updates at a steady pace. Overall fantastic end result and I'm more than happy with it!

10. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

YouTube:
    Mr. 9 has done it again. He painted me up an original Beast Megatron and it's perfect. Thank you!

11. oku

oku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From now on, U9 probably is my first go-to customizer, especially for BW figures.

About a month ago U9 let me know that he'd be interested in getting a 3D Print Dinobot figure to paint which I'm importing from a Chinese customizer Steel Planet. After SP and I saw his amazing BW customs, we immediately arranged to send him a copy to work on. Although he rushed his own copy and painted it in two days, we're still very pleased with the result.

Recently, I finally got the fund to send mine to get painted. U9 patiently listened to my requests and executed them perfectly. Definitely made me feel what I paid was worth it. This is now one of the few sacred pieces in my collection. Pics in this thread featured my figure: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/1060874-steel-planet-dinobot-painted.html

I look forward to work with him soon!

12. wakeangel2001

wakeangel2001 Member

excellent work

I just got my Airazor customized by U9. His work is amazing, not only is the paint super screen accurate and expertly applied he also made the figure taller and changed the sculpt. We may never get a proper deluxe Airazor, but thanks to him I have one.

13. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks to U9 posting his own Dinobot custom (chug Steel Planet Dinobot 3D printed) I immediately bought one and commissioned him to paint mine. He kept me updated along the way and produced a real MP Dinobot that will fit in with BW Optimus and Gen Rhinox (hopefully MP primal will be this size range). Since painting is the least fun (for me) with customs, I will be commissioning U9 more in the future. I think the beast figures work really well with the 3D printed products which acts like skin texture to the figure. I highly recommend the Steel planet Dinobot, too. I hope they make more BW figures.

14. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Recently commissioned a Nightbeat chest and ratchet head from u9 and both turned out great!

15. TheSledgeHammer

TheSledgeHammer Voyager

Recently commissioned Unicron9 to paint my Botcon 2016 Combiner Wars Ratchet. It turned out amazing! Couldn't be happier with the end result. Unicron9 was a pleasure to work with as well due to the frequent status updates of the project. I really appreciated that. I highly recommend this guy!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

-TheSledgeHammer

• Like Like x 1
  16. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

TJ did another excellent job on two TF figures and one non-TF. He picked really good paint colors and made any changes I ask for. Here are picks of the two TFs. TM2 Megatron and BW Scorponok. These are smaller figures to try and reduce the size difference from the basic and voyager size classes. Picture has Terrorsaur and orig Scorponok toys for reference. I will be sending more customs to Unicron9 in the future

Attached Files:

17. quantumpencil

quantumpencil New Member

Ebay:
    If you are for any reason considering hiring Unicron9 to do some custom action figure work -- please stop considering and HIRE him NOW.

I hired him to create a show accurate TM2 megatron. You can see his pictures on his deviant art -- but I warn you the pictures do not do justice to the figure when you see it yourself. The colors are rich an vibrant, the paint job is meticulously detailed and so professional you can easily forget the figures custom at all, and the quality of his sculpting is second to None. This man works miracles with paint & plastic and I can't possibly communicate how thrilled I was with the job he did on my TM2 megatron or the MP airazor -- I will definitely be availing myself of his services many more times in the future.

Beyond the sheer quality of his work which would be more than enough reason to hire Unicron9, he's also a pleasure to work with. He's flexible, receptive to ideas, and capable of coming up with innovative solutions to requests you may have that you're not even sure are possible. He's reasonably priced (honestly underpriced if you want my opinion, hurry up and hire him before he figures it out lol) and communicative during the process of building your figure. You'll get frequent status updates with pictures. Plus he's a pretty cool guy.

So yeah, Hire this guy, do it now and do it often.

~ Blake

18. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    Unicron9 was very helpful every step of the way in modding my Cyclonus. You can tell the guy knows his stuff inside and out. Would definitely commission again. :) 

19. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Civilized Enforcer

A bit overdue on my part, but I wanted to go ahead and give my recommendation for Unicron9 as well.

I recently commissioned him to make a Classics version of my favorite obscure character from Transformers, that being the Optimus/Megatron hybrid called Guiltaur from Universe Onslaught. You can see the final results here in his gallery, and I would share some images of my own but my Iphone camera quality doesn't really do this figure justice. Unicron9 is a great guy to commission from. I found that he was excellent when it came to communication, as I don't remember going more than a few days before getting a new progress image or email from him after he received the base figure. He was also very accommodating when it came to my requests. Lord knows this man has to be pretty patient, considering how many times I must've had "no wait, how about this" moments when getting the W.I.Ps. :lol 

The final result is simply spectacular and I'm certainly glad to finally have a representation for the character. I just love all the fine details in the request that don't quite show up on the gallery, such as the subtle "glow edging" on his optics to get the Dark Energon eye effect I requested and all the nice color combinations. The only problem I've really had to deal with are very minor paint scuffs on the front plates, which he did warn about with this mold in particular, though the paint work and remolding work done is phenomenal. The only really complaint I have is because of how impressive he looks on my Decepticon shelf, he's made my current "G1" Megatron and Optimus, as well as a few other Decepticons look downright puny by comparison. Just try to compare the scale of WFC Megatron with Universe Onslaught and you'll see what I mean. :tongue: 

As I have him now, he's posed with Legends Nightbird sitting on his shoulder
    (I blame my girlfriend as to why it's Nightbird in particular sitting there)
    and he definitely fits in well in that collection. The way he came out kinda reminds me of a TFCC figure, in a good way. It's an awesome addition to my collection that I certainly wouldn't expect Hasbro or even Takara to contribute any time soon, and I'm definitely glad I commissioned him. I'll definitely have to keep him in mind for commissions of other obscure characters and the like, and I'd recommend to anyone reading this who might be interested in commissioning from him to go for it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Error

Error Chopper Face

A few more recent additions commissioned by Unicron9:

Link to -> Spider-Gwen
    -from a Play Arts Kai Catwoman, with a variety of add-ons that I requested, and was very happy to see that he managed to work with the figure and create a brand new original design.

tiles2.png

Link to -> Carnage
    -from a Revoltech Zetman, also with appendages and hands that I requested, excellent little 3D details in the mouth and artistic line-work to match the comic-book look I desired.

tiles.C.png

• Like Like x 1