1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been wondering the samething myself. If the figure turns out to be anyone but Unicron, I will be very disappointed. I've been Sucker Punched enough with bad writing from the movie of the same title. I hope this series doesn't do the same.

2. DinoFreakUSA

DinoFreakUSA Well-Known Member

Honestly I hope they make him smaller, like slightly taller than Optimus and Megatron. that way we could get some decent fighting out of him instead of a giant robot floating in space while smaller robots fire at him and every once and a while he reaches his arms out or fires a laser.

3. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

I guess some people just like to live in denial?

I mean, think about it: That figure being anyone else would be terrible writing and storytelling. Having absolutely everything point to this being Unicron and then having the writers suddenly go "LOL, fooled you! It's The Fallen for some reason! TROLOLOLOL!"...that would be idiotic.

I get that people didn't like how Unicron was handled in the Unicron Trilogy...but this isn't the Unicron Trilogy. This is Transformers: Prime. I really doubt that they'd handle things in the exact same way. And just because he's appeared in visions and such doesn't mean that he'll make a personal appearance by the end of this season. He might not even appear until the end of season two! Who knows?

I think people are worrying over nothing and assuming the worst. Then again, this is the Transformers fandom we're talking about here.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You say this now, but seeing Unicron for the first time 25 years ago on the big screen was jaw dropping. Seeing how Optimus and Megatron's fight was seriously updated this time around, I imagine the same would be true for a giant such as Unicron's. Why would Hasbor pay big bucks for a shot for shot recreation of a classic cartoon they want to leave in the past? Hasbro’s going forward with the Transformers, and Transformers Prime is too. Though it shares many elements of past incarnations, it hasn’t exactly been verbatim, though I would say it was closer to than farther from.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Best post I've read about this topic thus far.

6. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

This, a thousand times this.

Unicron, is, in my opinion, a grossly exaggerated villain. I never liked him in the 86 movie (having Orson Wells making his voice as if he's about to fall in a coma didn't help either), but then again, I never liked the movie, probably because I saw it without my nostalgia filter turned on (I saw it a few days after seeing the TF2007 film).

But ... here, in TF Prime, Unicron actually has promise. He seems as a sinister force with an agenda, rather than some nomnomnomnomnom giant.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actualy loved Orson's voice for Unicron, as in, the voice itself.

Orson sounded pretty damn bored in the movie... and honestly he probably was since he apparently hated it and thought that was job was some kind of rock bottom.

8. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

I think it is stated that he didn't even know what Unicron was about. He was just given some lines to work with.