Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by adamme, Mar 6, 2008.

1. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

I was reading the Transformers Wiki, it said that the Unicron in Armada was the same one from the original G1, is that true?

2. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

Obviously he's the same entity, but if your question is in regards to appearance...

Yes, Armada Unicron was modeled from the G1 movie Unicron(until you look at his backside, but I digress).

3. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

what i mean is I know his appearance was slightly different, but I meant is he the same 'the matrix is the only thing I fear... yadda, yadda... etc. Cos he didn't seem the same in armada to how he was in the movie if he was supposed to be the same, though I suppose when there is 20 years between it, there are bound to be discrepencies

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    In the show, it was ambiguous. They never went into what Unicron was at all. He was just a giant, planet eating plot device (as opposed to the original movie, where he was a giant, planet eating, Orson Welles voiced plot device, but I digress).

In the Dreamwave comics, it was established that Unicron could freely move from one reality to the next, consuming them as he went, and gathering those in each reality who could serve him as heralds. That is where the idea of one Unicron for all reality comes from. It's a Simon Furman thing.

5. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

God Bless Simon Furman and his creative mind

6. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's moved well beyond just being a Furman thing at this stage, though, with the Fun Pub Club comic being responsible for the specifics of some bits of it. 'tis all quite itemized on the Wiki, there.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think it was designed to be a big shoutout to G1 ("What should we do for armada?" "How about we FINALLY make them an Unicron toy. They've been asking for years!" "Brilliant, let's get lunch.") but the whole thing just kind of grew from there to link the continuities together. If it helps, just think of Armada Unicron as an entirely different Unicron with numerous similarities to G1 unicron.

8. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just one problem with that though. In the Armada toon Unicron had been lying dormant for millions of years disguised as one of Cybertron's moons. How does he move from dimension to dimension if he can't even roll out of bed?

Also, Sideways claimed that Unicron fed off the negative emotions of the transformers to make him grow into the giant he was, whereas in the G1 toon he was that big from day one since that's how Primacron originally designed him.

The one Unicron for all realities may work for the comics, but it doesn't exactly line up well for the cartoons.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Unless you just choose to ignore the stupid bullshit from the cartoons (I.E: Call of the Primitives), which is very easy to do.

10. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

The thing I don't understand about all Unicrons being just the one entity is if he died in the movie, does that mean G1 takes place after A/E/C (in their own universes of course) or does he somehow come back to life after G1 and go into the A/E/C universe?

11. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

G1 and A/E/C are in their own continuity. Much like Animated, there can be numerous references back to G1, but these are meant as playful winks, not clues to a deep interlocking timeline.

12. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    How do you kill a being who is for all intents and purposes a god? I personally see it more as his physical vessel being destroyed in that reality. If you think about it, when he wanted to, Unicron could still manifest in that reality. He reappeared twice more in season 3, seeking a new body. Maybe it's more a case of the physical body and the spirit are two entities (see - TF Energon's last episodes, the Spark of Unicron and whatever the heck was in Galvatron). Unicron can move his consciousness from vessel to vessel, across realities, without necessarily moving his body. Moving the entire body over realities must leave him extremely drained.

13. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I understand they are in their own continuities, but if they're saying the Unicron's in each universe is the same that just dimension-hopping, then there has to be some multi-universal timeline linking them all together, right?

14. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Not necessarily - being godlike means Unicron is not necessarily limited to a single personal timeline or even seat of existence. He could be an example of something like a multiversal fungus or self-perpetuating spacetime pattern - destroying his physical presence in one reality would no more kill him than spraying one apartment in an entire building infected with dry rot. Eventually, he'll be back.

15. OmegaDead

OmegaDead Well-Known Member

From what I saw of armada & later Energon (which were both crap by the way, THANK GOD now for animated) Unicron in those series was a mindless tool along the likes of the Shucockers Bane in whatever Batman movie he put him in, Bat nipples or Bat Clueless or Batman visits the homosexual overtone land.

There is no way on cybertron that they all are the same Unicron!

16. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I see Unicron as a personification of the universe's natural existence, myself. He's the part of the universe that destroys that which is no longer needed, the force of destruction that must exist so new creation can take place. As such, you simply can't destroy him, just seal him and force him back. If you do destroy him, his destruction just births another force of entropy, like the Unicron singularity / Grand Black Hole.

That's my own personal opinion though, and I give no guarantee that it will fit in with any continuity or be immune to fanboyish leaps of "well wouldn't that be cool!"