Unicron Wings

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nemisispath, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Nemisispath

Nemisispath My username sucks

I have always wanted a unicron (planet not tank) then when i got it, the wings would not stay in any position. My unicron is the universe version, is there any way to keep them up? is there any retooling on it? i am getting quite irritated with him, and i was wondering if any of you could help me?

Thanks in advance!

2. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

I have this problem on mine as well, so you are not alone. My Takara 2010 Unicron's "wings" were loose out of the box, and will hang down completely in robot mode. They don't stay up even a tiny bit, just flop backwards until they hit the ground.

What I've done is to position them so that they're touching his shoulders a little bit, which keeps them from falling down.

It still sucks though, because it means he has to be posed in the same way all the time.

3. Nemisispath

what i used to do is take the planet shell stuff and rotate the peg its connected to on top of the back. that keeps it in place ok but not that great. thats why i was asking on here.

4. Galva-Cannon

Oh, are you talking about the two halves of the planet shell when you say wings? Because I just take them off and place them to the side. I don't like how it looks with the shells attached + it adds even more weight to the wings.

I just took a picture to show how I pose my Unicron, to stop the wings falling down. It looks cool to have the wings wrapping around him, like a cape, but I wish I could pose him differently. It really sucks how loose those parts are on mine.

[​IMG]

5. Nemisispath

when i said wings i meant the skeletal wings things, not the shells. but that version of unicron looks good without the shells, but personally i feel the armada colored version is better with the shells do to him having them in the tv show.

6. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    My solution to the problem is taking two of those clear rubber bands that Hasbro and TakTomy use and securing the wings to his two big shoulder horn/spike thingies. If you don't plan on transforming him too often this is definitely a great solution.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Clear rubber bands are golden. So are plastic twist ties. Paper twist ties are golden for kats.

8. Galva-Cannon

I don't know about the Hasbro versions, but the "2010" Unicron comes with clear rubber bands already attached to his wings in the way you described. Perhaps they did it with collectors in mind, since that version is clearly aimed at adult collectors who will probably display it in robot mode.

So if anybody buys the 2010 Unicron, or plans to open an MISB one at some point, you might want to leave the rubber bands attached.

9. Nemisispath

lol, right after i replied to a comment on here, i got the late coming idea of putting rubber bands on the wings, connected to the shoulder horns!

10. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    I'm not alone!

[​IMG]

11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Just a thought but it's possible you have the wings in backwards. I have the Armada version and mine stay up just find. They didn't come pre-attached though, I had to peg them in myself because he wouldn't actually fit inside his box had the wings already been attached. I don't know if the Universe version had a bigger box to pre-attach them or not but if they were they may of come out of the factory on the wrong side. If the molding hasn't changed then you should be able to pop them out and reverse them. They'll only stay up if they're plugged in correctly.

- = edit = -

I just went and pulled mine off the shelf to take a closer look at him. The bottom where it pegs in at the joint has a round edge and a pointed edge. I have the round edge facing into the shoulder but it seems like it should be falling. I'm not really sure why mine isn't. I have a load of other problems with the wings though like that no matter how I pose them they get in my way. I had a hard time getting him off and back on my shelf because of the damn wings.

12. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used the twist ties that he came with, it did the trick.

13. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I angle the wings so they're behind the shoulders and it works fine. Not to mention that mine aren't that loose to begin with.

14. Nemisispath

I'm pretty sure the universe mold doesn't peg into the shoulder joints, being as there are no pegs on the wings.

15. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You could also use floor polish to tighten the joint. I think so anyway. I haven't tried that on mine yet.

16. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I adjust the planet halves so they hold the wings up

Attached Files:

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The shells support the wings. You'll notice that there's circular gaps cut into each shell. The second minicon post down on each top "wing" peg into these, thats the only reason they're there. The lower wing rests on the interior of the shell.

the wings aren't a problem if you use the shells to transform it correctly. they'll stay up and secure even if you shake him.

Like this:
    [​IMG]

See? Perfectly held in place:
    [​IMG]

Am I the only one who knew to do this?

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  Everyone wins :thumb 

19. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I didn't know about this. I just leave the planet halves in the box. And I left the clear rubber bands on my 2010 Unicron.

Can we see a front shot of your Unicron?

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    [​IMG]