UNICRON - will we see him?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JediAJ, Sep 12, 2008.

1. JediAJ

JediAJ Well-Known Member

Hi,

This has probably been discussed to death here - but I have looked back through the last 20-25 pages of recent threads, and i can't see anything.

My simple question is will we see the Planet muncher in this film?

My thought was that we would get some sort of back story for the Fallen, to bring those who aren't exactly aware of him into the know - so then the film at least makes sense.

As Bay and Speilberg have said they wanted to concentrate on the Unicron Legacy if they continued the Transformer films - I am hoping we'll get a death match of Unicron Vs everyone in film 3 - then we should get a glimpse of him in that 'back story'.

They may do something like the first film - at the beginning they should the cube falling to Earth. We might get an extended back story at the beginning, explaining the 13 first transformers, the Fallen's fall (sorry - bad pun) from grace, him teaming up with Unicron, and how -hopefully - the Fallen arrives on Earth.

Finally - sorry this is a little long - I think we should see Unicron near the end, perhaps receiving a signal from the Fallen, giving the location of Earth and the other Transformers, and Unicron setting course for Earth - leaving a cracking cliff hanger for the Third film to pick up!

Again - apologies of this has already been covered.

Please - would love to hear your views.

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Doubtful they'd be able to fully pull off designing a planet-sized Transformer and make it work right in the live-action movies. Sorry pal... we're lucky to get at least one combiner team in for TF2, but looks like Unicron's not gonna cut it.

3. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope not. He needs to stay well away from the live action movies.

4. JediAJ

JediAJ Well-Known Member

Surely he must be seen at some point - As I pointed out before, Bay and Speilberg have said they wanted to follow the Unicron legacy - in explaining the Fallen as a desciple of Unicron they must have to show the big bot himself - even if its a glimpce of him in Planet mode.

He may not talk, or transform - a voice over probably explaining what we are seeing as it did in the first film.

End of the day The Fallen has worked for Unicron - and I hope in some small way this is shown.

5. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

and where did you get this info?

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Unicron = ice cream truck.

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    They're twins! Unicron AND Primus?

They can wage their bitter war by arguing who does the raspberry sauce and who does the sprinkles.

8. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    please no Unicron, I already saw what a Planet Muncher looks like on the big screen in a movie known as F4:ROTSS and that was horrific

Alright its settled, no Unicron in the Transformers sequels please. There's no place for it in Michael Bay's TF universe

9. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    :lolol 

10. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I agree. Or..if they really want to have him, not in the first 3 movies. But better if not.

11. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:

Agree as well, unicron should never have a deput in movie line....now a toy..i could go for that, a leader class if possible!

Anyways i'm thinking way to far ahead of myself.

Plain and simple, no need for a unicron

12. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i definitely can't see them pulling it off as is. maybe if unicron was some entity or something instead of a giant planet-eating orb.

actually come to think of it im even skeptical about devastator.

13. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

Unicron is a horrible idea...it is too far fetched for a live action film...lets get another story, we already no what happends with unicron...PLEASE NO UNICRON!

14. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Going to have to vote "no" on this one... Unicron has been trotted out repeatedly over the last 20 years whenever the TFs needed a massive obstacle to combat. Let's push on to something else.

15. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whats wrong wit you dudes...Unicron please asap.

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Back when the first movie came out, there was an alleged conversation to the effect of "we're going to have him mentioned in the first movie, and show up in the third".

Plans change, though. I'd rather not see a planet sized Transformer because it's so hard to do in a cartoon show, never mind a live action movie.

However, if Unicron took a different form, that would be cool. I don't see why he has to be a planet sized Transformer, and not a smaller, but still traditional looking, even more demonic even, appearance. I'd actually like to see him presented like that, a being with near supernatural powers compared to the Transformers' pure technological ones, including abilities like changing his appearance and size.

Granted, quite a massive departure from the traditional, but perhaps that is what would be needed to make him work. And it would certainly be different from what we've seen in the past.

17. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Seriously... If they couldn't fit Soundwave as a airplane carrier, I think they can't make a planet Transformer, even with CGI.

18. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    NO NO NONONONONONONONONO NO NONONONONONONONONO NO....

I'm sorry, but did we already forget about Galactus in the F4 sequel? Instead of a giant cloud, we'll get a giant robotic cloud.....

19. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:

funny i was just about mention that...what a silly idea to make him an entity...let alone the fact that somehow galactus was a giant cumulonimbus cloud in space?

Off topic but that would be stupid..

If they want a planet devouring robot, they will just use frenzy :lolol 

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    If they absolutely must have Unicron, no robot mode. Just a giant planet shaped death machine that floats through space absorbing matter to feed its insatiable hunger for destruction. It can be aware, and speak, but no granting dead Decepticons magic upgrades, or turning into a humanoid robot for some reason.