Unicron vs Primus in future sequels...imagen that.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by WWMEGATRON, Dec 26, 2006.

1. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

Some of you have expressed before you wished to see Unicron in a third movie(depending the movie is successful). But I'm wonder "what about Primus ?!!". My brother and I are like imagening a battle between him and Unicron on a future sequel.

Imagen now ,you are an alien looking to the bright stars in a beautiful night sky on your home planet that's near Cybertron................. WHEN SUDDENLY ,HERE COMES THIS MOTHERF***ING PLANET SIZE ROBOTS ,BATTLING AND BASHING EACH OTHER ,AS THEY GO WOOOOOSSHHH ,BYPASSING YOUR PLANET.....

........That would be something ,don't you think??!! :) 

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Personally I hope that they don't use Unicron. I just think it wouldn't work very well in the realm of live action.

3. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

Agreed. The trend in TF cartoons, over the years, has been to connect more and more with the humans caught in the Autobot/Decepticon conflict. Raw robot-on-robot action is fun to watch, but it's hard to connect with them on a personal level, expecially if you're eight years old.

Transformers vs. Unicron, Primus, or both blows the whole human angle completely out of the picture. Unicron is the Godzilla of Transformers; all you can do is stay out of his way while more powerful beings take him down for you. I sincerely doubt we will ever, ever see Unicron in a live-action TF setting.

4. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

:yuck  :puke: 
    No.
    No.
    No.

Lets try something NEW in the movies.
    Well, a new take.

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I’m going to worry about this move before I start guessing about any sequels.

6. raptorclans

raptorclans Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it might be an interesting take, but yeah, sadly might only attract diehard TF fans...

7. EagleEyeJoe

EagleEyeJoe Well-Known Member

Personally, if we get to the realm of sequels... I'd rather they not get into Unicron and Primus. Unicron was cool when his appearance was sparse and menacing. We saw him once in TF: The Movie and it made an impact. People remembered him.

Then there came Armada... and Energon... and Cybertron. I think we're pretty much Unicroned out by now. It was a novel concept when.. it was novel. Now it's tired. I'd prefer the movies stay to something else altogether different.

8. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

QFT

And it's much worse with the comics, Marvel G1 (both US and UK) although much worse in the UK, DW G1, Armada and Energon and not to mention in the Cybertron comic with TFCC.

Unicron and Primus are just played out, it's time for a new mega villain

9. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, IF the movies are successful, than maybe in a few years, Unicron might be something worth looking into. But right now, It's as far as it SHOULd go.

10. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I'd like to imagine the only mention of Unicron is as a Decepticon swear word, a la "By Primus!" by the Autobots.

Could you imagine the backlash people would give Bay if he brought in Unicron, hell, even the Gestalts? The designs would be awesome, people would bitch; the idea might be cool, but again, the diehards would be the ones who got it, and thus ostricize everyone else who jumped on following the first film.

Whilst interesting, I must say thee nay. It would polarize the movies too much in the long run.

11. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Obviously they need to "one up" the robots each time, but there's still combiners, triple changers, soundwave, shockwave, city bots etc before they need to go near Unicron.

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Well since there's supposedly three films in the works I thought it would be cool if the second one featured Starscream in charge of the Decepticons while Megs was MIA. They could bring out a 3 bot Devistator Gestalt working for SS along with a seeker or two while having Soundwave and minions pretending to work for SS while looking for Megs to resurrect him. In the third one bring back Megs in an all new form to totally trash things with Shockwave and a triple changer, preferably Blitzwing, and some other Decepticons helping. Though the main problem is that they'll have to switch up the cast a bit and possibly redesign pre-existing bots for sequals.

And of course the 'Bots would get tons of new friends as well, UM, JetFire, Hound, Wheel Jack, Hot Rod etc etc. Though besides trying to fight off the Decepticons and trying get off the planet I don't really see any epic story arcs for them. But I'm sure Hollywood could think something up.

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    While I think it would be a cool nod to the fans if there was a reference to Unicron somewhere in the (hopeful) trilogy of films, I have no desire to see a live action movie that features him.

14. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

No gods in the movies, please. I'd rather keep TransFormers to the realm of science fiction this time around instead of delving into the mystical.

15. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell mmmm...energon

I doubt there would be any Unicron in a live action movie. I also doubt there will be a sequel to the movie. If we look at the trends of other nostalgia related franchise movies we see that they tank at the box office.

It would have to be Lord of teh Rings esqe in execution of the effects and writing.

16. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    No more Unicron.
    No more Primus.

We've been force-fed those two way too much in the last 5 years or so. Take a break. Focus on something new, like the Matrix. Yes, it's not new, but it's something DIFFERENT then always shaping up to UNICRON.

17. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It always struck me as odd (but predictable) how Unicron's appearance in BW + his first appearance in Armada were like "WHOOOOOA!!", but within 3 years became "...unicron again, whoopaaah..."

18. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I think the best "OMG" shocker for the second film would be if the combiners showed up.

I actually like Unicron's various incarnations, and each time he's showed up, I've thought it was pretty awesome. However, I just don't think he has a place in the film continuity.

19. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I found some concept art for this, apparently they were supposed to be in this one...

Attached Files:

20. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Just for the record, I am not a movie hater. That was just to easy to pass up! :)