Unicron Stand

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by smangerbot, Dec 7, 2005.

1. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i noticed a memeber here is selling one on ebay.

first of all, i read a few reviews saying its a damn pain to get it to stay on the stand.

so if anyone out there has one, can you let me know how good it is?

2. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

It's not super hard to get it to balance, but yeah, you can't just plunk it on there and have it sit right. Buy it, but don't put it anywhere that could mean a big drop. I've got my TFs in a bookcase with glass doors (to keep the dust out) and with the ring Unicron would never fit if I didn't have the stand to hold it up vertically.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Is that the same stand made my Unicron.com and is being sold at BBTS?

Always wanted to get one but it seems a little too pricey. Hoping the QC is excellent to justify it's cost. Been to scared to take the plunge though. Would be nice for those who have both versions of Unicron so they can display him in both modes.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I got the one from BBTS (Unicron.com) when they had a big sale blowout and I had gotten my Tax return back in April. To this day I haven't been able to successfully get Unicron to balance on the thing. Though I did find a use for it, as something to rest larger unstable figures against, to prop them up.

Other than that, a waste of money to me.

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
  6. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

hmm, thats what i was affraid of. it'd be nice to be able to display him in planet mode.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine on sale at BBTS too and it was a waste of money. Unicron will balance with the short post, but any kind of jolt to the surface the stand is on and down he goes. Even figures that are significantly lighter (GF-Master Megatron, A-Tidal Wave) won't stay on the stand very well. This thing really needs to have a tripod support rather than just one post. Avoid unless you've really got some money burning a hole in your pocket.

8. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You have to GLUE him to it? What a piece of crap.
    Don't waste your money.

EDIT: Wait, you have to glue the stand together in order for him to fall off of it first. Crap.

9. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I got the stand when it first came out and never really had any problem.

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I got the stand. Finally got Unicron to balance then he fell off weeks later and the peg broke on the short pole. Tried the long pole but didn't get it to work.

11. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign None shall stand all shall fall

News Credits:
    I was looking for an answer to get it right and I stumbled along this thread. I advise against the thing! I have succeeded in balancing a unicron on there once or twice (only on the small pole) but it never works right.

The idea is nice, and if you can get a metal bar strong enough that it wouldn't bend and is thick enough it might even work, but otherwise it's sucktastic.

I've had mine for over a year now and I've been waiting to get Enercron so that I would have one in robot and one in planet mode.... now I have the enercron I'm attempting this one last try....

iDD

12. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Drill a hole through the shaft first, take a wooden or metal dowel and insert it and seal it on both ends. (Wooden ones can be found in Wal-Mart's craft supply section. Ask for help. Buy one, cut it down.) Then glue the stand together. That way the post will actually be solid and support the weight.

13. Shadow Convoy

Shadow Convoy Stealth Ops Commander

Ebay:
    mine is on the top shelf and i balanced it so that it angles downwards slightly almost like he's about to attack the ground. it looks really cool and i haven't had any problems with it falling off when i posed it the way i did. i still can't for the life of me get it to pose where unicron is facing directly forward but i like my pose better :)