Unicron stand at BBTS

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dragontron88, Sep 2, 2006.

1. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

Is it really that great? Is it stable, they do reccomend that you move it from time to time, and to give it a break, so I am questioning its quality, I want to know from those who have one, and of their experiences with it, and wether or not I should get one.

2. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked one up a few years ago at OTFCC. The quality is pretty good. However, the peg holes on mine weren't very tight so it was kinda wobbly with Unicron on it. Combine that with a platform that doesn't really hold the toy very well (I think it was designed before the toy was actually out) and I don't really use it anymore.

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

it's alright...if you have a stable place to put it where there is little foot traffic it will be ok. It's not really stron and the part that Unicron sits on is a little small. It was designed before Unicrons release.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be blunt, IMO, it's garbage. I bought one on sale awhile ago and seriously regret spending the $12 (or so) on it. Even using the strongest peg (the black one), the stand is wobbly and Unicron will fall off easily if the stand is disrupted/bumped at all; even lighter toys like A-Tidal Wave have difficulty staying on. I haven't tried it using the long clear peg, as I'm afraid it would be virtually impossible to get Unicron to stay in place and that's not a toy I want dropping any great distance. This stand would have worked a lot better as a tripod (which could have been done easily, since they supply three different support pegs), but as is, I don't trust it at all, even using the short peg and placing it in a spot that isn't likely to be bumped. Save your money.

5. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :D  Just make one for $3
    I did :D 

6. dragontron88

Do you have pics soundwarp of what you did?

7. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I also bought the Unicron stand at OTFCC '03. It worked pretty good ( though wobbly ) for a while. I quit using it when Unicron ( for no good reason ) just fell off the top of a 6 1/2 foot shelf. I was the only one in the room, and I was sitting still on the couch on the other side. Luckily, Unicron didn't break. All those "designed to snap off if excessive force is applied" joints are good for something. The stand however, broke off at the peg in the base. Probably why he fell.

9. dragontron88

Pretty nice, well, I did already order one, but if its a flop, I will probably do something like yours but out of accrylick plastic so that it doesnt stand out so much. Thanks for the idea!

10. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

It's wobbly, but it works okay. I've got my TFs in an Ikea bookshelf with glass doors, Unicron on that stand is on one of the bottom shelves. If I had to lay him on his back the rings would be too wide for the shelf anyway, so with the stand he gets to be oriented correctly and I can close the door.

But yeah, I wouldn't trust it anywhere high or where it's likely to pick up movement from the surroundings. It's also a little tricky to get him to balance on there in the first place, though not horribly so.