Unicron Problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Minnemagnus, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Minnemagnus

Minnemagnus Armada Starscream!

Does anyone else have a problem with Unicron's chest not closing and/or know how to fix it?

2. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Nope.

3. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Are the doors the same? I thought there was something where people were saying the doors were the same so it wouldn't close

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's usually a gear popping a few notches too far. The only fix is to open the chest and line up the gears and get 'em set just right. Hope that they haven't worn down.

5. Minnemagnus

Thanks for the help guys! I got the Unicron loose and was checking to see if everything was working, so I fired his chest missile. When I tried to push the cannon back in it came back out. I got it back in, but touching him the wrong way causes it to happen again. I have no idea how old he is so the gears might be worn down as stated above. I'm gonna try opening him up tomorrow.

6. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a totally different problem (regarding the Takara 2010 Unicron planet shells) than the problem the OP is describing...

7. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I had this issue with my Unicron when it first came out. It was common with the first batch to have this issue. It was later corrected, there was actually a thread on this many years ago either on here or Seibertron. As far as the fix for it, I bought a new one and sold the parts of the other.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yeah, early ones had a hair trigger (chest hair trigger?) which was fixed on later runs. I remember my first Unicron was always firing his missile off across the room without warning. He was reboxed and went into my MIB collection a long time ago and I've got a couple of loose ones now which are fine.
    I don't remember there were being way to fix the problem though. Maybe weaken the springs? I've never taken one apart so I dunno what gubbins he contains.

9. Minnemagnus

I just TRIED to take Unicron apart. I have a whole new respect for kitbashers now. I guess this is not that big of a problem. Once I get the cannon the stay in it usually stays like that. Thanks for all the help guys!