Unicron Problem

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tyripticon, Jul 13, 2011.

1. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Yeah, if there's anything that didn't make any sense in the original cartoon it was that the matrix was somehow his assistant.

I am ok with the concept of organics being responsible for the Transformers creation at some point in the beginning. It makes more sense to me for organic (or at least part organic) creatures like the Quintessons and Primacron having been responsible for creating the Transformers and Unicron. Being technological, it just makes sense to me that organics would be at least partly resposible for their creation.

2. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

This

3. E Nice

E Nice Well-Known Member

Though if one thinks about it, in a cartoon sense, it would kinda make sense in that if the Matrix was Primacron's assistant in building Unicron's body it would then know how to destroy the body. The energy being didn't seem to require the use of the Matrix shell to actually survive, it seemed to be more like a way to contain its form. The energy being could have just have sent the shell out to find someone who would be able to use the knowledge it put in the Matrix to stop Unicron, as it didn't want to do it itself for whatever reason.

4. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Alpha Trion built Optimus in s2's "War Dawn". Which makes the Quints building Optimus/repairing him in s3 a contradiction to what happened in s2.

Yup. Originally the script had the Quints be minions of Unicron. Originally, Unicron was supposed to be a large, but not planet sized, TF on his own, and the planet sized form was to be called Ingestor, a sort of body armor/factory/headquarters/etc for Unicron.

Also: The Quints are known liars. So any "Quints made the TFs" origin is VERY dubious as to be non-existent (Hasbro themselves is of the opinion that the Quints didn't do it). Anytime we hear the "Quints made the TFs", it is either the Quints stating they did (when they're probably lying), or a TF that had been modified/rebuilt by, or after, the Quint occupation of Cybertron.

It is far more likely the Quints found Cybertron, conquered the native TFs (or since they likely didn't TF then, Cybertronians may be more correct), and used them as slave labor, trade goods, and so on. Otherwise, they'd have to build each TF from scratch, creating an entirely new species just to sell (and anyone with half a brain could see rebellion in that course of action!) from scrap metal on the planet. That would be a serious cut in profit, and be completely illogical for them to do, and require far too many resources than they would get in return on trade.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I've tried to scrape every bit of the story from Call of the Primitives out of my brain. It's so sad that an episode with one of the worst G1 stories also has some of the best animation of the entire series.

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder if unicron is always mad because at his size it's hard to find a girlfriend.

7. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe

News Credits:
    Unicron created Cyclonus out of Skywarp. :D 

8. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    wow! another endless thread about "comic canon" vs cartoon..........

don't trust anyone!!!! UNICRON WAS CREATED BY FLORO DERY!!!!!

9. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

if you go by the cartoon, primacron
    if you go by common sense, god?

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I'm pretty sure that was never intended.

The assistant was that ape looking guy.I saw a script for the episode, it called for him to leave in a ship.It seems the animation studio thought the matrix was a shuttle ship.

11. johnboy3434

johnboy3434 Well-Known Member

Well, with the recent mandate/memo/retcon/whatever that Unicron and Primus exist in every continuity, the "divine suggestion" theory is the easiest way of reconciling this with the G1 cartoon. Unicron's essence, upon entering the cartoon universe, subconsciously suggested that Primacron build a body for it to inhabit. Primus's essence, likewise, subconsciously suggested that Primacron build the earliest Primitives and the Quintessons build the other early Transformers, with Vector Sigma being driven by the power of Primus. It doesn't patch up all the holes, but it's serviceable.

12. Sandbreaker

Sandbreaker Active Member

I too came to the same conclusion that both Primus & Unicron manipulated Primacron & the Quintessons into giving them what they wanted.

13. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

A munky build him.

munky not divine inspiration theory.

14. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fixed.

15. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I prefer that Primacon built Unicron and not a god. It just seems more insane that a little creature built that huge thing.

16. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Why not the "divine" part? I can totally see that work. Maybe Primacron didn't KNOW he was divinely inspired. That seems to be one of the few ways I will ever allow Primacron in my personal canon.

17. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

That must have taken a long ass time to built Unicron

18. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Ya know, when I stop and think about it. There's no way that he could've actually physically built it all by himself. I mean, could he maybe have created the designs and the Quintessons actually built him?

And how old is Primacron supposed to be? I can understand Transformers having lived for millions of years. But I'm not all that crazy about the concept of organics living forever.

19. E Nice

E Nice Well-Known Member

That's why he had an assistant. ;) 

That works fine in other sci-fi. Sybok in Star Trek V was divinely inspired to get a crew and steal a ship to go and meet god in the center of the galaxy, but all along it was really just some telepathic alien convict deceiving him to bust him out of prison. And in one episode of ST:TNG, Barclay was inspired to take the ship half way across the galaxy due to some alien device giving him a super IQ to actually do it.

Unicron and Primus divinely inspiring people to do stuff for them shouldn't be a big mythos hurdle.

20. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yet it's believable that humans built the death star? It's not that much of a stretch that something small can build something large.

I've personally always like the idea that the transformers were built by the Quintessons and the AI advanced to the point of being self aware more than the deity or evolution theories put out there by the comics.