Unicron-Neutral Allegiance?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by John_Force, May 5, 2010.

1. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    I've read from somewhere that Unicron is neutral and doesn't really fight for any side. Is this true?

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    He just wants to eat everything, Autobot or Decepticon. So yeah, I guess that's about right.

3. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    In the 86 movie, both Autobots and Decepticons team up to defeat him, which fit's with the story.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Well, I really can't see Unicron swearing allegiance to any side, since he's pretty much considered a dark, powerful god-like entity.

So... I say he's on the evil side, just not a part of any faction.

EDIT:

Not only in the 1986 movie did the Autobots and Decepticons team up to defeat Unicron, but they also did that in the Armada series, though it was an uneasy alliance at best.

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I thought the Autobots teamed up with Junkions not Decepticons ('86 movie) unless i'm clearly forgetting something :eek: 

6. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah, they weren't coordinating attacks or anything like that. But they were fighting for a common goal: "destroy the big guy trying to eat our planet." :lol 

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Yeah, the Autobots seemed to be more closely working with the Junkions in taking down Unicron, and the Decepticons were technically the first ones to attack Unicron when he started to attack Cybertron. So while they all didn't seem to work together, it's sorta implied that they were united against Unicron. As Galvatron told Hot Rod, "Like it or not, we're allies now against a common foe."

But like I said, the Autobots and Decepticons did work together in defeating Unicron in the Armada series, though their partnership wasn't an easy one.

8. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    The Decpeticons surely could have tried harder. Its a good job Hot Rod figured out what the finger holes on the matrix were for :D 

9. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Unicron isn't neutral in the sense that he doesn't ally with people so much that he is his own faction. People tend to ally with Unicron because he's so powerful but lacks the fine control that he needs individual servants for. In the 1986 movie he is presented much more neutral and not related to Cybertron much, but this relationship is developed later and in subsequent fiction. It's kind of a grey area really. But considering he has his own objectives most of the the time that directly influence and relate to Primus, Cybertron and its inhabitants I can't really agree that he's truly neutral.

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Unicron is a Decepticon as far as Hasbro is concerned. Just look at any recent Unicron toy packaging.

11. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

He's a god he doesnt need to ally with anyone, so yes he's neutral in terms of the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons but he's evil mofo in terms of intent.

12. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Cybertron Unicron to be exact.

13. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I like it in the marvel comics when the Autobots and Decepticons join forces to defeat Unicron. Epic stuff.
    I remember Scorponoc being mortally wounded in the battle and in his final hour he wants to be redeemed or at least wants to earn Primes respect and the last thing he does is asking Optimus if he did good and then he dies.
    I havn't read that stuff in years, I need to read it again soon methinks.

Also, the Decepticons refers to Primus as their "god" just as the Autobots do, both factions are the children of Primus.
    Besides there would be no place for the Decepticons in Unicrons service. Unicron would go Omnomnomnom on them too.

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Unicron is on his own side, no allegiances, although in some cases he has been labeled as a Decepticon on his toy packaging.

15. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You have to look at it like this: The Autobots and Decepticons have nothing to do with Unicron, but Cybertronians(Autobots and Decepticons collectively) are a faction versus Unicron lol Does that make sense?

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, Unicron isn't neutral in any sense. He's a dark god that wants to return everything to nothing by destroying his twin brother the god of light Primus aka Cybertron. Keep in mind... across the various universes only one Unicron and one Primus that exists in all of the universes at once.

While the Decepticons do not serve him per se... he has occasionally forced a few of them into his service such as Galvatron. Or used a servant like Sideways to manipulate them into his service for a time. But the Decepticons, like the Autobots, are children of Primus and not one of them would ever actually willingly work with him. In Cybertron... Sideways and Soundwave weren't actually Decepticons, but denizens of Planet X and they were said to have allied with Unicron for the power he could give them to avenge their dead home world. So, he has servants, but not one of them are actually Autobot or Decepticon per se.

As far as Hasbro labeling him a Decepticon it was always my opinion that they did this largely because it was easier for him to be marketed to children this way by putting a Decepticon label on his package. That's there opinion of course, but I figure kids would be smart enough to understand the concept of a third faction if his bio was well written. It seems like Hasbro constantly underestimates the intelligence of kids these days.

17. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    unicron is his own faction.
    hence heralds of unicron....

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Not only is he his own faction, with troops, cultists, and whatnot on his side, but he's even got his own faction logo. Blendtron - Transformers Wiki

19. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Yeah, the whole point a faction or group is its cause or end goal. Autobots want to take Cybertron back from the Decepticons, while they want to keep control and wipe out the dissident Autobots. Either way, both factions essentially want control of Cybertron.

Unicron wants to eat Cybertron. So no, he doesn't side with either cause.

Box packaging simply goes by "good guy/bad guy" when it comes to labeling.

20. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Two, actually. The Minicon symbol is his, too.