Unicron in IDW as of 2018??

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by GogoDG, Sep 10, 2017.

1. GogoDG

GogoDG The Emperor of Destruction, with a new face

Twitter:
    I think yes, even though he is dead. But in Transformers some characters just can't stay dead.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    He's already been confirmed to not be dead. He's alive inside the Crystal City Singularity, as shown in the Transformers 2017 Annual.

3. GogoDG

Twitter:
    I know. But I really feel like Bumblebee should stay dead. He had enough screen time from Infiltration to RID and Dark Cybertron. And don't forget Rom vs. the Transformers which features him too.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Boatformer

Boatformer #HaulOfFame

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This is the best route, I think. Like, have the "Darkest Hour" event book be 99-100% Transformers, but then have tie-in one-shots showing the other heroes dealing with Unicron's attack.

Suggested plots for one-shots: aided by space pilot Sci-Fi and underground operator Tunnel Rat, Snake Eyes and Helix descend into Unicron's surface to find a way of sabotaging his defenses! The Autobot City crew are overwhelmed by Unicron's forces, and need help from Springer and Verity! Skywarp has had his teleportation fixed and has left GI Joe, but has to keep playing the hero when Action Man and Kup come calling! The Micronauts find a way back to Microspace, but discover that Unicron's presence has corrupted the Entropy Storm and is using it to devour their dimension! Miles Mayhem decides that Unicron is an even bigger threat to his world contest than the Transformers, and so leads VENOM to fight back against him!

ALSO: if the event doesn't begin with Wheelie and Garnak crash landing on Earth and yelling that "he's coming", what's the point?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. GogoDG

Twitter:
    I have thought about something. In 2018 we'll have Marvel's Infinity war movie and the Hasbro-verse's Everyone vs. Unicron story arc. What a strange coincidence.

Do you know what crossovers would I like to see? I want to see a crossover with other TF universes. Similar to how Fun Pub did TransTech, Shattered Glass or even they could crossover with the Movie franchise (which doesn't make any sense like the movies' continuity) or anything Transformers-wise for that matter.

6. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Inanimate Carbon Rodimus In Rod We Trust

As long as they keep this Unicron storyline far, far away from Roberts, I'll go into it cautiously optimistic. I do like the redesign of Unicron and I'm hoping his ongoing series will maybe flesh out the character a little beyond just being a stereotypical 2-D evil force of nature.

And don't forget Magic: The Gathering. Jace shows up and taps 3 Swamps, 5 Islands, 2 Plains, 1 Mountain, 2 Forests and Sol Ring to summon Emrakul, the Aeons Torn to defeat Unicron.

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I have to wonder how will the POTP theme factor into this arc. Like perhaps at first Oynx Prime attacks the cast with Primal alongside but then as Unicron's threat gets closer it can lead into Primal being heroic like in BW and earn the Matrix of Leadership to stop him. Sounds basic and boring yeah but that's the only thing I can think of seeing POTP fitting here that is if they're doing it.