Unicron Event discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Omegashark18, Jul 11, 2018.

1. unknown456

unknown456 New Bot On The Block

Ah, ok. Now I'm feeling pretty good about this wrapping up well!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Starforce

Starforce Active Member

Whutchu talkon bout Willis lol

3. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Visionaries seems to be a hand-out just to explain why they aren't there in the finale.

Windblade on the whole doesn't have the largest role in the event, which is a bit of a disappointment. I agree with those who would've loved to see more TAAO til the end- though the reboot probably wasn't yet settled on at that point, and I understand why they did.

That wasn't my read at all. He still chose what he became, it was 100% his fault, just wondering might've beens. Everyone has reasons.

Agggh, inaccurate comic industry doom and gloom, my one weakness! IDW is having trouble, the industry is up over last year, which was a weak-but-still-profitable year that was a noticeable drop from the very-strong year before- DC's recovered from their nu52 induced problems, Rebirth helped them a lot (last year it was really Marvel who had the larger issues). Every publisher is not haemorrhaging money, and people have been saying they have since forever.

4. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime *sigh* STILL waiting for MPM Ratchet

Instagram:
    Does anybody know what happened to the combaticons? did they die on cybertron when unicron destroyed it or something????????

5. kmc

kmc Well-Known Member

They may have survived (along with Menasor). But for graphic simplicity or lack of EoC, we are not seeing them. Doesn't matter a lot since Titans are rising.

6. simpatico

simpatico Member

It'd be weird if the jail wasn't in Metroplex.

Agreed.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    I feel like this may have needed one more issue, but hearing that #6 is bigger satisfies my feeling.

Also since not many people adored the Hasbroverse, kinda bringing them in last second to help fight feels okay. They’re not dwelling on them too much, but they’re here to help. And we need all the bodies we can throw at Thanos - err, Unicron.

8. darkspellmaster

darkspellmaster Well-Known Member

Regarding the issue of ships, let me just say that asking for one ship to happen is no where near as bad as the hell that is still happening in the Voltron Fandom. It could be a lot worse, and I'm just glad that Transformers, so far, hasn't had to deal with the crazy fans that other shows and series has on that level.

As for Arcee and Prime having moments. I think all the old characters should at least have some moments. Like the Seekers having something more than what they've had. I'd at least like one last Starscream and Windblade and Bee moment. Prowl and Optimus, Megatron and the trio, Soundwave with the remaining cassettes, etc. We need some light moments like that to happen.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Deezaster1982

Deezaster1982 Member

If Starscream dies, I hope they'll have him haunt Megs as he promised he'd do earlier in TAAO.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    TC ended up being one of the most humane and likeable characters from either faction when all is said and done.

11. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best pages of Issue #5: 21 Monstructor, 22/23 Metroplex/Trypticon; amazing artwork!

I enjoy all the factions unifying to save Earth! CANNOT wait until #6 is released and downloaded.

12. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I wasn't even expecting a Seeker Trio reunion out of this at all and it turned out I wanted to see that.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    So reading order of the entire event is as follows.

OP #15-21
    OP #22(up to pg 13)
    Unicron #0
    OP #22(pg 14-)
    Unicron #1-4
    OP #23-24
    Unicron #5-6
    OP #25

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 9:11 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Thumbaticon

Thumbaticon Who's afraid of the D.V.D?

This issue was moving all the characters in place for the finale, but it was done really well with all the characters interactions and beginning the counterattack. Milne's art is phenomenal as always.The colours are still great, but they don't seem as vibrant as earlier issues. Maybe it's because everything's happening at night or in space.
    • Nemesis' a titan! Plus it's in Unicron's skull right? The event hasn't been doing many '86 references to differentiate itself, but this would be perfect set up to have the Nemesis burst out of Unicron's eye during the climax!
    • *See Optimus Prime #24: So Slide and the colonists didn't die unfortunately, and jazz is present. Now the only autobots unaccounted for is... Sky Lynx...shit.
    • [​IMG]
    • Papa Trypticon is a national international intergalactic treasure that needs to live through this. Though Metroplex is probably going out in a blaze of glory since he's out of Spacebridges.
    • So Unicron actually is devouring stars! It's ridiculous and I love it. It's neat seeing how Unicron functions, though I feel like a hypocrite for liking these quantum-tunnel-black-hole-connections while disliking The Warren.
    • "I can think something up if you give me a minute" Says inspiring stuff 5 panels later. It's still a nice conversation between Optimus and Arcee before the final battle.
    • Let's see how Shockwave's doing:
    • upload_2018-10-12_20-54-25.png
    • It irked me that we don't see Shockwave's reaction to Bludgeon's betrayal. I'd expect him to just order his maximals not to listen to Bludgeon, and I hope he has a good motive to inevitably help our heroes other than the typical "Save the world to rule it" shtick Megatron usually uses.
    • *John Cena theme starts playing when Stardrive wrecks sh!t up*
    • For a bunch of foot soldiers, the Beast Wars bots have been pretty effective troops. Inferno and Rampage are mowing down bots left and right, Rhinox is (logically) Shockwave's general, and Primal's gone up against Stardrive and Arcee and lived!(so far)
    • Prowl vs Shockwave! Did they ever fight during phase 1? Otherwise I'm calling this Battle of Junkion Round 2: Electric Boogaloo
    • Those pages of everyone spilling out of the titans are beautiful. Blackrock and Centurion look like power rangers in their zords (Although I'm surprised Lightbright and Windblade aren't piloting them), and Bludgeon looks like he's having Salvation flashbacks.
    • Damn it Thundercracker! I was hoping he'd stay away from the fighting and just help rescue people. BUT NOPE. he's carrying the damn talisman into the maw of Unicron.
    • I just realized Arcee still has Sideswipe's jetpack. she must have gotten it fixed between OP #22 and Unicron #0! Aww...
    • Just to keep track of all teams. Titans and co. are handling the D.V.D, Prime and the Seekers are heading for Unicron, Prowl's team is dealing with Shockwave, and Soundwave's guarding the protoforms at Rushmore (although I'd prefer if he faced Shockwave instead). What's the status on the Cybertronian fleet? Did they teleport with the titans or are they fighting the Maximals in Zimbabwe with the human alliance?
    • I think the digital version is missing some pages again, the last page looks like this for me:
    • upload_2018-10-12_20-26-3.png
    Can't wait for issue #6!

• Like Like x 7
  15. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    Agreed can’t believe we have to wait 3 weeks for Optimus Prime #24 then another 3 weeks for unicron #6 & finally Optimus Prime #25

16. darkspellmaster

darkspellmaster Well-Known Member

Hey at least this is no where NEAR the issues that Secret Wars had this past year, and the Doom's Day Clock is having now. And at least there is an ending coming unlike some manga where it just stops with no last chapter and we're left hanging.

Cool to see Arcee get the jetpack fixed.

Question, assuming that Lost Light 25 wraps everything up there, does anyone think there's a chance to see any of the characters in OP 25, or do you guys think that Barbar's just going to focus on the bots he has right now in OP?

17. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    Yup I wonder who fixed it but Optimus doesn’t have his though

The heroic five against unicron

18. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Yes, the other books were reaching the same point TAAO had, just later.

One of the sad truths about comics is some level of attrition is normal*, and a stable good book is just normally losing sales slowly, occasionally buoyed up by events, new team takeovers, and the like.

*I mean, part of this is just there's always new books too, so it's not a bad-sign-of-the-industry thing and more of a 'the industry has a natural refresh rate,' and the exceptions are rare.

19. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Prowl vs. Shockwave has me pretty pumped.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Boatformer

Boatformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Though DC has been done a surprisingly good job of preventing that since Rebirth, which is perhaps indication that it's not inevitable.