Unicron Event discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Omegashark18, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Maybe Skywarp wasn't told anything other than "Carry Arcee"

2. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Damn, Thundercracker better not die.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    It looks funny that both Arcee and Optimus Prime are underneath both seekers to get to unicron

4. unknown456

unknown456 Not-So-New Bot On The Block

For the group of five, betting that Skywarp will definitely bite it. As for the others, I honestly have no clue.

Really hoping for a high death count next issue. Y'know, gotta make that TFWiki deathlist worthwhile and all...

The scene of Metroplex and Trypticon teleporting in front of the D.V.D. was pretty awesome. And I guess that answers what happened to the Torchbearers.

Also, is #6 going to be ~40 pages? I was thinking that it'd only be 32 pages. If it is 40-ish pages, then I'd feel a lot better about this wrapping up successfully. Right now, I could see it going either way.

And, I'm not usually one to complain about this, but Prime, put your faceplate back on. You don't wanna get Unicron germs all up in you. That never ends well for anyone.

5. darkspellmaster

darkspellmaster Well-Known Member

I'm happy to see the trio back in action. They have been missed, and I'm glad that in some weird way they actually care for one another. Also interesting that Screamer is carrying Prime, with Skywarp holding Arcee and Thundercracker with that item. I have a feeling that given who's going into battle and what we know about the characters we may see certain characters get a moment to shine more than normal.

Well, either Screamer gets that item, because I don't see them killing off Prime at this time, or TC is a gonner.

Honestly I hope so too. But given how things are going I can see one of them doing the whole "For the grater good." My money oddly is on Starscream over Thundercracker and Skywarp. Both have places to go back to. Starscream lost all that, and now has nothing. So him going out showing that he did have the guts to be a leader would be a nice ending for him if they have to kill him (which I hope they don't and surprise us.)

Yeah given his personality, I could see them doing just that. But I think they at least clued him in on a few things.

Also kind of cool on the coordination of personality and colors. Skywarp is purple and black while Arcee is pink and the two colors are, for most people, associated with girls typically. But you have the fact that Skywarp is more a harder cynical character and someone that can be a bit brusk like Arcee. On the other hand you have Starscream who was the leader of Cybertron, did a decent job with it, and like Prime, has the red, white and blue colors association. So that is kind of cool, then the seeker with the most to lose on earth is the one to carry that item that is really important. So it's a nice set up there with that.

• Like Like x 2
  6. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    True hopefully Optimus & Arcee have more moments during the last issue

7. darkspellmaster

darkspellmaster Well-Known Member

They probably will. I'm betting that Arcee may become the leader if anything happens to Prime. It's kind of what it looks like they are setting up for there.

8. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    They need to stop killing Prime off and let him live cause this is just to much he needs to live his life with two of his best friends

9. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    @justiceg I wonder how the leaked spoilers match up?

10. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lemme check...

Original spoilers for Unicron 5+6
    UNICRON 5
    All out war on Earth. Lots of fan favorites die. Starscream, Bludgeon and fleet, Skywarp and GI Joe,

UNICRON 6
    Autobots kill Shockwave and Maximals. Unicron defeated by Visionaries' magic that Windblade uses. Prime dies in center of Unicron, body of Unicron merged with Earth. VV dry Last Knight-esque. Earth is now home to all species.

LOL so clearly #5 is either totally wrong or we're going to see the majority of that actually happen in #6. There's definitely hints that the spoilers could just be off one issue, for example
    * Prime intimating in #5 that he'll go to the center of the black hole in #6
    * Skywarp, Starscream, and Bludgeon all being in position for a big ending

but I guess we'll see. I think the biggest sign will be if any of the further LL spoilers are/were correct.

11. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just read the comic and this was actually very good. I appreciated the whole issue and I haven't really been feeling these as of late because everything was so rushed. But I loved this one and all the call backs and convos between old friends was great.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    The last issue isn’t out yet how can you even know what happens next

13. kmc

kmc Well-Known Member

(My glock pointing at Travis) 'Say it again?You're gonna inherit Nike or make IDW Unicron into a movie?!'

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stryyder

Stryyder Just another soldier

My other thought, given that TC is carrying the Talisman:

TC tries to play the "movie hero" and sacrifice himself to save the world and it ends up one of 3 ways:
    1) He bungles it but gets away.
    2) He gets hit/disabled (to the point of the audience thinking he's dead), but big reveal at the close that they got him back to Earth for repair.
    3) He gets hit and killed to show that just because you see it in the movies doesn't mean that's how real life works. Fairborne is sad.

In all 3 situations I expect Screamer to jump in, embrace what he would have been and be the one to make the sacrifice.

I'm sure he'll give her a quick thanks before she runs to Aileron for some more shuttle snuggles.

• Like Like x 3
  15. AshleyCuadra

News Credits:
    Heck no man Optimus Prime and Arcee need more moments then with aileron since it never happened in a while since dark cybertron before aileron even appeared

• Like Like x 1
  16. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At this point, I'd kind of like to see TC just get away with some hammy, action hero BS and nail a win out of it. It'd play an unexpected counterpoint to all this nonsense.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Yup, issue #6 is fully double-length, with 40 pages of story. The two #25s will also be a bit longer, with 24 pages of story each.

18. SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47 生死有命,富貴在天

News Credits:
    Double-sized final issue, eh?

Perhaps I ought to snag a hard copy for myself from the comic store to celebrate the universe going out with a bang.

19. battlefudge

battlefudge Still in the biz...

Yes, I imagine it will play out exactly like Independence Day. He will shout “Hello Boys, I’m baaaaaack....”

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lunner00

Lunner00 Member

I could see Starscream make the sacrifice to stop Unicron , through only so he'd end up getting all the credit even in death.

• Like Like x 1