Unicron.com Animated Set Problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Pravus Prime, May 6, 2009.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Hey guys,

I recently got my pile 'o loot from BBTS, including the Animated Accessory set that Unicron.com put out. I seem to have a bizarre issue, my Allspark marble is too big for the Allspark holder, I can't close the Allspark container with the Allspark actually in it.

I can close it with just the tray in it, and I can't close it without the tray but with the Allspark, it's physically too big. I re-watched Peaughs video review, and his Allspark is clearly smaller.

So, was there a running change, or am I the recipient of some freakishly large Allspark? I'm hesistant to contact BBTS about it, especially if there was a running change, or for some reason there's some issue that I'm having and it's my problem. Additionally, the rest of the set is just fine, and I haven't applied the stickers yet, so I should be able to return it without a problem if need be.

Thoughts?

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    take a close look at the inside of the chamber one side has a curve cut out for it, if that's not the issue contact bbts

3. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Hey. :-D

I can fit mine in just fine, it's a matter of fitting in the tray. I'll post pics later.

4. Rahal Stmin

Rahal Stmin Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    I just got in an Animated set, and my problem is that there is some significant sprue left on the pieces like this: [​IMG]
    So I want to know if anyone else had that problem and what they did to fix it

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Something like that happens occasionally when you are dealing with a decent sized production run. The answer is to use a hobby knife to trim the excess then gently sand off the remainder. It'll never be perfect but you can clean it up a bit.

6. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I'm not saying this to be snarky, but you're doing it wrong.

When I got mine, I thought the same as you did, that the halves didn't close right and that the marble was just slightly too big. It's just right though. I had something flipped or misaligned when it appeared not to fit.

So, check it again, make sure the marble is in the cradle and that both halves close together. Like, don't put on one half then the other. The recesses are deeper than necessary so getting one half on then the other can lead to it being a bit out of alignment.

Edit: unless of course your marble is really just too large and is a factory mistake... All I was saying is that I thought the same as you at first, but realized I was making a mistake by having the parts flipped.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  7. Rahal Stmin

Ebay:
    Would you suggest hand sanding or powersanding?

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'd say hand sanding. You can do a light swipe and then check it after each one. With powersanding you can go too far in a fraction of a second and remove too much.

But definitely shave it down as much as possible with a hobby knife first. Sometimes a clean and precise bit of blade shaving can work better than any sanding.

9. Rahal Stmin

Ebay:
    You wouldn't know if there was a paint that replicated the Allspark stickers colors would you?

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    A year and a half ago, I said:

11. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    And in all that time you never got over being a salty internet guy.

Oh well.