Unicron.com Accessory Pack 4 Unveiled!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Sep 26, 2006.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    Ditto. I got that non attendee package this summer, and if this ends up being cheaper, I'm gonna be pissed, even if I did end up with an autographed rattrap poster.

2. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For what it's worth, I have a spare tail to TM Megatron that someone could use with these. I'll have it with my trade stuff at botcon friday.

3. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

And I will have at least one complete unbroken TsM Megatron for sale at my table.... Of course now I have to run home and raise the price on it by $10!!!!
    Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!! (Evil dealer laugh!)

(j/k about the price, of course.)

4. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man...I want these, but I still dunno about getting a TM Megatron. I hear so many stories about them disintegrating. :( 

5. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    No it's not, If you were one of the people Smart enough to know to get an item, and then it went up in value, you'd be very happy with the investment you made. would you then think "Oh thank goodness, everyone can afford it" if soemone released another set and killed it's value?

To this release I say BOOOOO!!!!!

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Boo to you. Neither Unicron.com nor fans who still want this set benefit from eBay appreciation and scarcity. You want to invest, open an E-Trade account.

7. rework

Actually, I have to agree with Kaijumaster on this one. FANS got screwed on this re-issue. Boo on Unicron.Com for the poor handling of this.

If they knew all along that they were going to be making more of this set for Botcon, then they just screwed over everyone who bought one between the shows. Whenever they decided they were going to make more (obviously it wasn't just today), they should have announced it. Every person who bought one on the secondary market since that moment was personally wronged by Unicron.com because those guys knowingly let them pay an artificially inflated price.

And if it turns out that they let anyone who had extras know about this re-issue so that they could dump them at the high price: Well, that's the equivelent of inside trading on a stock.

And while UC doesn't DIRECTLY benefit from appreciation, they would gain in increased sales of future toys them make. What this re-release has done for their products is warn every dealer to never buy any stock of these for resale, and tell every collector not to buy an extra in hopes it goes up in value. They basically just gave a big F U to the whole collector's market. That's potential sales they will lose on future products.

8. Foster

News Credits:
    Since when are retailers responsible for the secondary market of their products?

9. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    QFT

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought it because it's a cool item, not so I can sell it in a few months/years and but a new tire for my car.

11. rework

It has nothing to so with that. The question is do these guys have a responsability to their customers?

If they care about the fans, then yes. They should have had enough respect to stand up and say "Hey, you don't need to pay double the price on Ebay - We're making more!"

If they answer is that all they care about is the money - Well, that's what you have. And that's how it looks.

They have to make that decision, because they have to face the fans who will ask them, why they did what they did.

12. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I'm sorry buy it pisses me off. I'm not a collector. I open my toys, and throw away thier boxes. And I went to Iacon simply because it was a new TF con an hour away from me and I wanted to support them. I picked up the golden disks cause they were a great exclusive. And I was shocked when I learned they had gone up in value. I was also overjoyed to know I at last had something other than a few of my Comics that had appreciated in value. What ticks me off is that there is nothing to seperate these disks from the original. this isn't like the TargetMaster Jazz re-issue. the originals keep thier value. this feels like "Oh these went up in value? our bad...here let us fix that."

I paid $300 for my Botcon box set. Imagine if in a few months you can pick up the Dawn of Future Past box for a fraction of the price cause someone released a whole slew more and killed the value. It would piss you off that you'd been a good fan and supported the sellers at the time of launch.

13. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If you need one I have an extra tail since my Megs went 'snap crackle pop'.

14. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    QFA

( Quoted For Answer )

Someone, please?

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Someone needs to tell Hasbro we want ONE more BWX reissue toy.

and tell them to stir the vat of brown plastic better this time! :) 

16. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
  17. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
  18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I got mine back in the day, and it's still fine. No problems at all.

19. Foster

News Credits:
    The next TM Megatron I get, I'm going to do my best to loosen the joints around where the plastic crumbled. The joints seemed stiff and the plastic gave when I pulled a little harder. I'll also store this one in robot mode. My broken one still displays fine in dino mode.

20. Obsidian-X

Obsidian-X Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps this will clear up some concerns

-The second release of this product has been recolored. This was understood in advance by the organizers of Iacon One.
    -Even out of packaging, the difference between these two accessory packs is easily notable. (a method Hasbro itself has used many times over)